NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 241 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

I mean...

You really wanting to give the Lakers org a lot of credit?

Credit for drafting well and clearing Cap space, sure. Obviously the market and history helps a lot.

But really I’m taking more about Davis...and guys like Garnett...and Melo. They get bashed for not winning, when playing for crappy organizations. KG goes to Boston and magically becomes a champion. Davis hopefully will soon do the same in LA. Unfortunately Melo never got that chance, but we see how the narrative on him shifts when he gets with a competent organization and team where he fits.

I didn't want him. Wanted Jason Kidd to deliver The Greek Freak, or Coach Cal when all these upcoming former Kentucky guys become free agents.

I want players.
Kidds not a good coach and the Greek Freak isn't coming here. Cal would be foolish to ever leave uk.

Credit for drafting well and clearing Cap space, sure. Obviously the market and history helps a lot.

But really I’m taking more about Davis...and guys like Garnett...and Melo. They get bashed for not winning, when playing for crappy organizations. KG goes to Boston and magically becomes a champion. Davis hopefully will soon do the same in LA. Unfortunately Melo never got that chance, but we see how the narrative on him shifts when he gets with a competent organization and team where he fits.
To me the litmus test is can the guy show that he'll lead his team to the playoffs. Davis accomplished that, so he's a legitimate star in my book. Now, I do think the pre-season MVP talk a few years ago was premature. I also don't buy the "gotta get a rang" stuff.

Melo always took his teams to the playoffs. Garnett did too.

I bust on Kevin Love because he didn't. Booker is right there with him, he has more time to turn that around though.

Just saw some highlights on ESPN of Seattle's WNA team winning tonight. Breanna Stewart scored 35 points and had 15 rebounds. it showed her at 6-4 running the court, hitting form outside, driving to the basket, scoring inside, etc. etc. I realized what she is: the women's version of Anthony Davis: a big who can play the whole game.

Davis has 4th fouls early in the 3rd quarter...THEY ARE SCREWING US!!!

AD disappeared tonight. Bron would be crucified for doing the same thing. AD was -26 in plus/minus.

The first two games, Bron was carving up that defense from the PG spot.

Here’s to a great series. Let’s put AD as FMVP to bed, though.

All time Butler performance

Jimmy’s best game ever? He was great.

Pulling for the Lakers, but sorta glad the Heat won. I’d like to see a competitive, exciting series, not a sweep. LA in 5, even 6 works for me.

Too bad Dion’s probably not gonna see the court or even suit up. Dion Jr’s getting more PT than pops.

Lakers are in trouble unless their "shooters" can actually make some shots. Heat just gonna clog the lane for Bron and AD and dare them to make a bunch of 3s.

AD disappeared tonight. Bron would be crucified for doing the same thing. AD was -26 in plus/minus.

The first two games, Bron was carving up that defense from the PG spot.

Here’s to a great series. Let’s put AD as FMVP to bed, though.
Last night showed AD is the Finals MVP.
If he doesn’t perform they lose.

That was an opportunity for LeBron to win it.
If AD can’t have an off night and the team loses how isn’t he more valuable?

LeBron leads the Lakers in points, rebounds, and assists per game this series and I think it’s equally as tough for Lakers to win if LeBron were to no show with a 15/5 game like AD last night.

There’s still as many as 4 games left but after last night I think if Lakers win LeBron has to be pretty far out in front for Finals MVP odds.

Jimmy’s best game ever? He was great.

Pulling for the Lakers, but sorta glad the Heat won. I’d like to see a competitive, exciting series, not a sweep. LA in 5, even 6 works for me.

Too bad Dion’s probably not gonna see the court or even suit up. Dion Jr’s getting more PT than pops.
Which ones are which? Is Dion's son the kid in red? Is Rondo's the one with cornrows?

If you can be shut down by a C squad, you don't get to have FMVP.

If Pascal Siakam shows up for 2 of 7 games against the Celtics, instead of 0 of 7 games, the Raptors very likely win that 7 game series.

That wouldn't make him the series MVP.

If Pascal Siakam shows up for 2 of 7 games against the Celtics, instead of 0 of 7 games, the Raptors very likely win that 7 game series.

That wouldn't make him the series MVP.
I wish Toronto beat Boston they would have likely beaten Miami and given this Lakers team fits.
Boston is just a bad matchup this bubble for Toronto.

Also Anthony Davis has been the Lakers best player this postseason. Not 2 of 7 games.
LeBron is still a great player but AD has dominated Houston, Denver and Miami those 2 first games.

Lol Danny Green’s comfortably employed while Melo struggled to find a team for a year

Its ridiculous. Danny Green flat out stinks offensively. Now prove me wrong and hit 5 3’s next game already!

I wish Toronto beat Boston they would have likely beaten Miami and given this Lakers team fits.
Boston is just a bad matchup this bubble for Toronto.

Also Anthony Davis has been the Lakers best player this postseason. Not 2 of 7 games.
LeBron is still a great player but AD has dominated Houston, Denver and Miami those 2 first games.

Reverse jinx attempts by prematurely talking about Finals MVP duly noted. I’m not falling for it this time. On to game 4! I don’t think LeBron and AD will play that bad again.

KCP, Rondo, and Green all sucked. Morris was good. We need more than 1 role player to be good, if 3 of them are going to suck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom