NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 256 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

For Russ to be useful, he has to go somewhere with a star that can tell him to , like the Clippers.

Honestly, I don't know where else he could go (from a bball standpoint) that would work.
Cleveland.

Love's already used to having his game emlittlened by a ball dominant player, and their contracts would match up somewhat closely. Cleveland could throw in some filler. They need a star.

The deal I have heard for Harden that was discussed if Houston decided to blow it all up would be a 3 team deal.
Boston gets James Harden
Golden State gets Robert Covington, Marcus Smart, Romeo Langford, 14th pick
Houston would get the 2nd overall pick, 26th pick, 30th, 2021 Boston first round pick and 2024 Boston first round pick, Andruw Wiggins and Jaylen Brown.

I don’t think Houston will go full rebuild.

The deal I have heard for Harden that was discussed if Houston decided to blow it all up would be a 3 team deal.
Boston gets James Harden
Houston would get the 2nd overall pick, 26th pick, 30th, 2021 Boston first round pick and 2024 Boston first round pick, Andruw Wiggins and Jaylen Brown.

Harden and Tatum wouldn’t seem like an ideal combo.

Feel like Harden’s best chance would be to build the 2020 version of Iverson’s Sixers around him. A bunch of guys who can defend and who play off the ball. Except in 2020 they need to be able to catch and shoot the 3 too. And handle well enough to penetrate a rotating defense.

Harden and Tatum wouldn’t seem like an ideal combo.

Feel like Harden’s best chance would be to build the 2020 version of Iverson’s Sixers around him. A bunch of guys who can defend and who play off the ball. Except in 2020 they need to be able to catch and shoot the 3 too. And handle well enough to penetrate a rotating defense.
I don’t like it because Harden is 31 and I feel like he will be washed up earlier than most superstars because he plays a lot of minutes and isn’t built like LeBron or Kobe.

I don’t like trading Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart for a guy who doesn’t play defense with Kemba already in the backcourt.

Boston gets James Harden

Why would GSW do that trade?

GSW wants Giannis. Ending up with RoCo, Smart and some filler doesn't really do it, imo.

I think that was more because they were cheap, but I suppose in hindsight you could go the other way on it
They were cheap, but I think Harden's extracurricular choices also helped grease the skids.

Why would GSW do that trade?

GSW wants Giannis. Ending up with RoCo, Smart and some filler doesn't really do it, imo.
Is Giannis going to go KD and join the Warriors?
I don’t see that.
I think Miami or Milwaukee.

Is Giannis going to go KD and join the Warriors?
I don’t see that.
I think Miami or Milwaukee.

Barring MIL making a homerun trade, I think it's either Dubs or Mavs.

So the Jrue Holiday deal apparently would be.
Marcus Smart, 3 draft picks for Holiday and JJ Redick.

Not sure I like it.

Also Harden for Ben SImmons being negotiated.

Not sure I like it.

Would you be good with that? Cs going all in right now? Would Gordon still be on the block?

Would you be good with that? Cs going all in right now? Would Gordon still be on the block?
I like Smart personally but he and Jaylen Brown Have chemistry problems. One of them is getting dealt IMO.
Holiday is probably better than Smart offensively but not defensively.
Redick is a nice bench piece but is he worth 3 draft picks?

Gordon Hayward is either opting out or getting moved for Myles Turner.

Not sure I like it.

I might be crazy off but I think NO could get more than that from somewhere else for a package of Jrue and JJ. There has to be a contender or playoff team out there who would give up quite a bit for an elite floor spacer and 2 way guard. Guess it depends on what those draft picks are though?

Edit:

Now this one makes a lot more sense if I’m NO.

I might be crazy off but I think NO could get more than that from somewhere else for a package of Jrue and JJ. There has to be a contender or playoff team out there who would give up quite a bit for an elite floor spacer and 2 way guard. Guess it depends on what those draft picks are though?

Edit:

Am I the only person that isn't a fan of Turner?

I get why teams are interested in him but I just don't think he's an impactful player despite having all the pieces you'd seemingly want in a modern C.

Edit:

If the trade is Kemba and not Smart I would like that deal more.
Kemba was awful in the playoffs. He appears to be a regular season type of guy. I would flip Holiday for Kemba.
That could have turned the Heat series.

Kinda odd to me that Holiday would even be on the block for the Pellies. He takes nothing off the table, seems to really like NO and the organization, contract is kinda big but fine. Seems like a guy that is a part of how you get better if you're NO.

If the trade is Kemba and not Smart I would like that deal more.
Kemba was awful in the playoffs. He appears to be a regular season type of guy. I would flip Holiday for Kemba.
That could have turned the Heat series.
I was never a fan of taking on Kemba. Just doesn't do it for me.

I agree. He’s fine and I wouldn’t be mad if he was on my team but every time I watch him I always expect him to do a little bit more of pretty much everything than what he actually does outside of blocking shots.

Kinda odd to me that Holiday would even be on the block for the Pellies. He takes nothing off the table, seems to really like NO and the organization, contract is kinda big but fine. Seems like a guy that is a part of how you get better if you're NO.

Yeah and Holiday hasn't expressed much interest in being traded either actually I think he's said he prefers to stay in New Orleans but who knows. He is loved there too by the fans as well He's a great defender on a team that needs to take a huge jump on that side of the ball to improve overall and of the reasons they hired Stan Van Gundy. I doubt they trade JJ either because he has the history with Van Gundy back in Orlando and has been pretty vocal about his support for Stan. All that said, who knows watch them trade both!!

I think the Pelicans need a 5 to complement Zion better, a 5 that can also shot some from the perimeter. Lot of people talking about Miles Turner but everything I read is NOLA is hell bent on improving draft position so they obviously like some quite a bit that they don't think will go past 6 or 8 spot. But the 6 spot seems what they are after from ATL.

And all that said, Kemba doesn't help one bit on defense and they are going to lock up Ingram here pretty quickly

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom