NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 254 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

You do, or else you would not have commented in the first place. You were wrong, so now you are feigning indifference to try to mask failure.

I don't care who you claim to have voted for, or your beliefs.

That you took what you did ("what strike"?) from the tweet that I posted tells me all I need to know. Last I checked, NBA playoff games were postponed. I'm not sure when that last happened.

I don't care who you claim to have voted for, or your beliefs.

That you took what you did ("what strike"?) from the tweet that I posted tells me all I need to know. Last I checked, NBA playoff games were postponed. I'm not sure when that last happened.

Splitting hairs between an official NBAPA strike and what happened in Orlando kinda seems like missing the point

Updated NBA timeline...
Nov. 18 - Draft
2-3 days later - Free agency
Training camp & 2-3 preseason games
Dec. 22 - 72 game season tips off

71 days is the shortest offseason in sports.
View attachment 190819

Update...

Nov. 18: NBA Draft*
Nov. 20: Free agency starts at 6 PM
Nov. 22: Free agent signings can begin at 12:01 PM
Dec. 1: Training camps open
Dec. 22: Opening Night

*Freeze on trades being lifted is still TBD but remains likely to happen in the Nov. 16 range

The salary cap ($109.1 million) and luxury tax ($132.7 million) will remain the same next season. In future seasons, the cap and tax will increase by a minimum of 3 percent — and a maximum of 10 percent.

There will be a reduction in the luxury tax bill for teams at the end of the season based off the percentage BRI (basketball relayed income) decreased from initial projections during the 2020-21 season. For example, if Golden State used the $17.2M trade exception and revenue decreased by 30%, they could save close to $50M. This will help out the Warriors, Boston, Brooklyn and Philadelphia plus possibly a team like Milwaukee.

The Sixers classic uniforms are so simple and beautiful. What is the point of these?

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 11.15.59 AM.png

Almost certainly untrue, but a Hawks message board guy that's hailed as some sort of insider is saying he's heard Milwaukee is talking to Minnesota and Sacramento about a 3-team trade essentially turns Khris Middleton and Eric Bledsoe into LaMelo Ball, Bogdan Bogdanovic, and Harrison Barnes.

Almost certainly untrue, but a Hawks message board guy that's hailed as some sort of insider is saying he's heard Milwaukee is talking to Minnesota and Sacramento about a 3-team trade essentially turns Khris Middleton and Eric Bledsoe into LaMelo Ball, Bogdan Bogdanovic, and Harrison Barnes.
I don't think that works. Wouldn't Bogdanovic have to be a sign and trade?

Utah fans heard a rumor about a swap with the Hanks that sends them Gobert and the Jazz get Capella, Huerter and some other stuff.

I don't think that works. Wouldn't Bogdanovic have to be a sign and trade?

Utah fans heard a rumor about a swap with the Hanks that sends them Gobert and the Jazz get Capella, Huerter and some other stuff.
Yes, Bogdanovic would be a sign-and-trade in this.

That seems...i don't know?

Middleton is the best player among those guys, and you're trying to win a title right now. It may be time for them to move on from Bledsoe (and I grant its just a random rumor, but what else are we gonna do) but that feels like a loss for the Bucks.

Middleton is the best player among those guys, and you're trying to win a title right now. It may be time for them to move on from Bledsoe (and I grant its just a random rumor, but what else are we gonna do) but that feels like a loss for the Bucks.

Yeah I hate it despite liking LaMelo as a prospect a lot. Hard for me to imagine any Middleton trade that feels like a win for the Bucks.

$$$$

The every team has 4 jersey combos now so instead of a second blue alternate they went black the Sixers will still have the classic white, blue; and red alternates.

They shouldve went Iverson era for black jerseys. These new ones look like a rejected idea for NBA all star uni’s circa mid 90s.

Yeah I hate it despite liking LaMelo as a prospect a lot. Hard for me to imagine any Middleton trade that feels like a win for the Bucks.

Yeah Lamelo could be awesome, but it seems to me the main goals should be a combo of 1) winning the 2021 title and 2) keeping Giannis around and unless Lamelo goes nuclear on the league in year 1 (seems exceedingly unlikely) this trade seems to be negative

They shouldve went Iverson era for black jerseys. These new ones look like a rejected idea for NBA all star uni’s circa mid 90s.

If you didn't read the article that was posted with the jerseys, essentially it went something like this:
  • Ben Simmons told 76ers exec he wanted them to bring the old black jerseys back.
  • Exec said no
  • Simmons said "Please?"
  • Exec said "Win rookie of the year and we'll talk"
  • Simmons won rookie of the year
  • Exec told him he can't stand the old black jerseys but he'd let Simmons design a new black jersey
  • Simmons designed the Boathouse Row jerseys

Just book Giannis' plane ticket to Dallas or the Dubs now if that's the plan. Wow.

Just book Giannis' plane ticket to Dallas or the Dubs now if that's the plan. Wow.

Yeah I mean, the only way something like that could be realistic is if
  1. Giannis already told the team he's leaving and this is them jumpstarting the rebuild (but then pursuing Bogdan Bogdanovic and Barnes probably doesn't make sense)
  2. Giannis actually wants it to happen, which would make me question his intelligence and also just doesn't make much sense because by all accounts he and Middleton are very close.

What would Minnesota get?
What would Atlanta get?

Milwaukee giving up Middleton doesn’t seem plausible unless Giannis told them he is out.

What would Minnesota get?
What would Atlanta get?

Milwaukee giving up Middleton doesn’t seem plausible unless Giannis told them he is out.

Atlanta wouldn't get anything. The guy said Atlanta turned Middleton down and Milwaukee is now aiming higher. Minnesota gets Middleton. Sacramento gets Bledsoe and Jarrett Culver

Edit: To be clear though, I don't actually believe this guy. Just doesn't pass the sniff test to me.

Atlanta wouldn't get anything. The guy said Atlanta turned Middleton down and Milwaukee is now aiming higher. Minnesota gets Middleton. Sacramento gets Bledsoe and Jarrett Culver

Edit: To be clear though, I don't actually believe this guy. Just doesn't pass the sniff test to me.
Yeah it doesn’t seem like fair value.
When I read Smart and 14 for 2 that didn’t seem right.
Middleton is probably a top 15-20 player I don’t see the first pick in this draft worth that.

Chris Paul to the Bucks I believe is the deal that gets done eventually.
Paul doesn’t want to go to NY or Philly.
The Clippers are the best fit but I don’t know if he would want to go there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom