NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 257 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

If the trade is Kemba and not Smart I would like that deal more.
Kemba was awful in the playoffs. He appears to be a regular season type of guy. I would flip Holiday for Kemba.
That could have turned the Heat series.

He definitely was being hunted on defense with Miami trying to get him in tough spots with his lack of size. I thought they relied him quite a bit though as a shot creator in big moments but I could be misremembering. I think they would miss that in the playoffs when it comes down to do you have a guy that they can’t stop who can get you a bucket but the upgrade on defense may be worth it.

Also, trading a guy to a rebuilding situation one year after he signs a 4 year max deal with you because he wants to contend really wouldn’t be doing Boston any favors around the league with their reputation from a players perspective and being an attractive free agent spot.

Sounds like there’s growing speculation Ibaka will go to the Lakers. He likes the fit on the floor and they’re selling him on LA helping with his modeling, fashion, media aspirations.

That would be a great guy to put next to AD in the front court. Those two and Bron would be monsters on the glass and protecting the rim then he can help space the floor on the other end.

Feels like Kuz ends up somewhere else too.

Sounds like there’s growing speculation Ibaka will go to the Lakers. He likes the fit on the floor and they’re selling him on LA helping with his modeling, fashion, media aspirations.

That would be a great guy to put next to AD in the front court. Those two and Bron would be monsters on the glass and protecting the rim then he can help space the floor on the other end.

Feels like Kuz ends up somewhere else too.

Hate to admit it, but I think Serge would be great on the Lakers as well.

If GSW can't move anyone right off the bat, I wonder if the focus on the Lakers has them pick Wiseman just to have some size...

Hate to admit it, but I think Serge would be great on the Lakers as well.

If GSW can't move anyone right off the bat, I wonder if the focus on the Lakers has them pick Wiseman just to have some size...

I think they can likely pick up better/more physical centers for next season with the vet minimum/whatever exceptions they have this offseason

It's possible Turner looks a little better away from Sabonis, they seem to have gotten in each others way a little bit in Indy?

The idea of a 7 footer who can make 3's and block shots is extremely appealing. (Says me, the guy who used to love KP). Feels like it hasn't exactly come together for Turner though

I can't believe I'm going to say this, as long as they move some other pieces, I don't totally hate this.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, as long as they move some other pieces, I don't totally hate this.

Scoop B is less reputable than Incarcerated Bob and this doesn't pass the sniff test.

I would completely hate it for the Clippers

I would love if the Clippers did that.
Another first round pick out the door. Would mean 6 first rounders + 2 Swaps to get George for one year then Russell Westbrook.

Kinda odd to me that Holiday would even be on the block for the Pellies. He takes nothing off the table, seems to really like NO and the organization, contract is kinda big but fine. Seems like a guy that is a part of how you get better if you're NO.
His timeline doesn't line up with the core. Think hes 29 or 30 and hits FA after next year. Have to pay Ingram this year and then Lonzo and Hart next. Think they're looking for someone thatvwill be in their prime in 2 or 3 years when they are ready.

His timeline doesn't line up with the core. Think hes 29 or 30 and hits FA after next year. Have to pay Ingram this year and then Lonzo and Hart next. Think they're looking for someone thatvwill be in their prime in 2 or 3 years when they are ready.
Yeah, so...

The "timeline of the core" thing is one of those things that I think NBA Game get way too much into their heads about.

Build a good team that can compete.

Yeah, so...

The "timeline of the core" thing is one of those things that I think NBA Game get way too much into their heads about.

Build a good team that can compete.
Dude's 30 and the rest are like 22. Don't want to have to give him 5/150 taking him to 36 or lose him for nothing. Sell high. Not winning anything of consequence for a few more years.

Dude's 30 and the rest are like 22. Don't want to have to give him 5/150 taking him to 36 or lose him for nothing. Sell high. Not winning anything of consequence for a few more years.
First off, they wouldn't have to give him that much, in years or dollars. Second, why can't they win anything of consequence for a few years? If Zion's your transcendent talent, you got Ingram as your #2 guy, lot of young, cheap talent right now... what is there to wait for?

Paths to championships are hard to come by, but it's such weird thinking that organizations can predict how to time their window. Just be really good first and when the path opens up, you're ready.

First off, they wouldn't have to give him that much, in years or dollars. Second, why can't they win anything of consequence for a few years? If Zion's your transcendent talent, you got Ingram as your #2 guy, lot of young, cheap talent right now... what is there to wait for?

Paths to championships are hard to come by, but it's such weird thinking that organizations can predict how to time their window. Just be really good first and when the path opens up, you're ready.
He's an all-star level player, thats what they get paid. Its what Van Vleet is heading towards. Try to be cheap and he may leave for nothing. Think I'm the resident Pels fan here and I'm perfectly happy to move him now, this is the most value he'll ever have going forward. I trust Griffin to set the path to go for it somewhere around '22-'23 season and ascend as the lakers ans clippers may descend. They are loaded with kids & future picks to make win now moves at that time.

He's an all-star level player, thats what they get paid. Its what Van Vleet is heading towards. Try to be cheap and he may leave for nothing. Think I'm the resident Pels fan here and I'm perfectly happy to move him now, this is the most value he'll ever have going forward. I trust Griffin to set the path to go for it somewhere around '22-'23 season and ascend as the lakers ans clippers may descend. They are loaded with kids & future picks to make win now moves at that time.
I would normally agree with you on pay rate, but with Covid financial impacts on the NBA, going forward, who knows?

I would completely hate it for the Clippers

As a rockets fan ... this would be too good to be true ... getting rid of Westbrook and getting zero back would be a win

The craziness of the NBA offseason being condensed into a few weeks might be just as good as the bubble. Gonna be a whirlwind of entertainment for us! Can’t wait.

I want Melo on the Lakers.

Who will get traded first??? When do we start the NBA thread for the new season, btw?

Spurs-Nets will do a Derozzen, Walker for Harris and Levert deal IMO.

It’s been quiet around San Antonio.
Derozzen fits the Nets as a 3rd wheel more than Levert.

Spurs-Nets will do a Derozzen, Walker for Harris and Levert deal IMO.

It’s been quiet around San Antonio.
Derozzen fits the Nets as a 3rd wheel more than Levert.

Sign and Trades?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom