NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Lol @ Lakers calling a TO with 1.9 seconds remaining... down 5.

Role players all bricked every single open 3 at the end and Danny Green played like a complete hoe on both ends, down the stretch.
I will say this: The Lakers have been much better than I thought they’d be so far. Vogel looked overwhelmed in that first game and he’s obviously done a good job. And they’ve won against some good teams, so the easy schedule argument doesn’t apply anymore.

I will say this: The Lakers have been much better than I thought they’d be so far. Vogel looked overwhelmed in that first game and he’s obviously done a good job. And they’ve won against some good teams, so the easy schedule argument doesn’t apply anymore.

It’s a good team. Not sure the Green/KCP/Bradley/Rondo role player crew is quite good enough to go all the way. I think WCF is our max as currently constructed...which after the last 6 years, I’ll take it.

It’s a good team. Not sure the Green/KCP/Bradley/Rondo role player crew is quite good enough to go all the way. I think WCF is our max as currently constructed...which after the last 6 years, I’ll take it.
I agree. And it’s good for the league. This rivalry can be great, but the Lakers will need to figure out how to build around AD and LBJ. That will be a challenge because of the cap. A Kuzma trade could be part of the answer, but he’ll need to perform like you’re predicting for that to happen.

Nick Wright says some stupid ish. The only difference between him and Craig Carton is that - unlike Carton - he’s not a dbag.

Well, that and the jail time.

Nick Wright says some stupid ish. The only difference between him and Craig Carton is that - unlike Carton - he’s not a dbag.

Well, that and the jail time.

That sounds like some talking head hype. Kawhi has been as good as anyone, when healthy, the last few years.

That sounds like some talking head hype. Kawhi has been as good as anyone, when healthy, the last few years.

Lebron sure wasn't happy when he checked into the game for someone who isn't at his level.

Mike Breen has been calling games for 30 Years and he didn’t know the ball goes to the team that didn’t touch the ball last before going out of bounds?
He seriously said it was who caused the ball to go out of bounds? My god damn that was unbelievable. He made Steve Javie look competent.

Ahmad Rashad wasn’t as big a homer for Michael Jordan than Breen was trying to be for LeBron James.

Last edited:
Mike Bremen has been calling games for 30 Years and he didn’t know the ball goes to the team that didn’t touch the ball last before going out of bounds?
He seriously said it was who caused the ball to go out of bounds? My god damn that was unbelievable. He made Steve Javie look competent.

Ahmad Rashad wasn’t as big a homer for Michael Jordan than Breen was trying to be for LeBron James.

That is really bad. I thought it was bad the other day when one announcer thought that the ball should belong to the wrong team because it hit out of bounds LAST off the team getting possession after first hitting out of bounds off the team that correctly did not get the ball. Once it's out..it's out dude.

What type of package would it take to Trade for Karl Anthony Towns?
If I am Boston I think I offer the Memphis lottery pick, Romeo Langford, Gordon Heyward contract and figure out if Marcus Smart enough.
If not I guess Jaylen Brown gets discussed.
Put Towns with Kemba and Tatum I think they can win the East.

If I am Boston I think I offer the Memphis lottery pick, Romeo Langford, Gordon Heyward contract and figure out if Marcus Smart enough.

I don't know if you want CAT. He has motor issues. He is also not the type of killer dude you're going to need to get passed Philly.

I wouldn't do that trade if I was Boston. Hayward is one of their best playmakers and Towns is overrated.

Lebron sure wasn't happy when he checked into the game for someone who isn't at his level.

Kawhi is the best player in the Association when he wants to play.

Mike Breen has been calling games for 30 Years and he didn’t know the ball goes to the team that didn’t touch the ball last before going out of bounds?
When I was listening to him explain that, I thought I was going insane. In the back of my mind I kept second guessing myself like it was some secret rule I didn't know about. I was still arguing out loud with him though. lol

I suspect a minor phantom injury or 3 will pop up over the course of the season.

“Sore back” or something like that; seems legit to miss a couple games then jump right back in like nothing ever happened.

Right on cue.

I want to give Breen the benefit of the doubt and say he was just trying to say that is usually the way that call has been made forever; 10 times out of 10, without replay, the ball is called off Bev and no one really says anything. Otherwise, yes, that makes no sense.

Kawhi literally dragged a team to a title 6 months ago. What the hell is Wright talking about???

Nick Wright says stupid stuff to get heel heat. He is a guy I took classes with at Syracuse.
Good for him making it as far as he has.
He used to rip Jim Boeheim a lot in classes. I remember the class we had together after the GMac shot against Cincinnati 2006 BET.

He sez things.

Don’t want KAT at all. I don’t think he fits Celtic culture.

could probably land a tougher shot making big in an upcoming draft.

I don't think it's possible to get KAT without getting rid of Tatum or Brown, unless you have like 10 first round picks to offer. Maybe if KAT demands a trade and refuses to play for anyone but a couple teams (of which Boston is one of).

Don’t want KAT at all. I don’t think he fits Celtic culture.

could probably land a tougher shot making big in an upcoming draft.
Really I mean KAT would be fired up to face Embiid and Simmons after what happened earlier this year.
I always feel like calm people when they get mad, can become volcanoes which is why they are calm a lot.
Jimmy Butler punked KAT as well while teammates. I think KAT is a guy I target.
The Celtics are one big short to compete with the Lopez twins/Milwaukee, Embiid/76ers, Davis/Lakers.

Celtics have enough good players to be solid but need to trade one of Hayward/Smart/Brown for a big.
Kemba + Tatum + one of Hayward/Brown and Big can win the East.

Last edited:
I don't think it's possible to get KAT without getting rid of Tatum or Brown, unless you have like 10 first round picks to offer. Maybe if KAT demands a trade and refuses to play for anyone but a couple teams (of which Boston is one of).
Celtics could give up 5 first round picks in any deal.
3 of their own, plus the Memphis pick they own, Milwaukee pick this year, plus Romeo Langford lottery pick this year, Grant Williams first round pick this year.

They have picks to deal.
It’s what would it take from Minnesota.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom