NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

so i read that Lillard stat

his 293 points over the past six games is tied with Kobe Bryant (in March 2007) for third most over such a span behind a pair of overlapping streaks by James Harden last January

i thought that cant be right.. then of course it left out the part of over the last 20 seasons..

wilt avg 50. he must have had a streak like that.. he did multiple times that season

348/377/380/312/348/325/ 343 and a bunch of others in one season.. he scored 60 15times that season

Somehow got roped into watching a Lakers/Nuggets playoff game from 2012 this afternoon and it looks like I’m watching a different sport.

Forgot about that series. If I recall, their speedy young guards like Ty Lawson were a problem for the Lakers and they pushed us to our limits. Last playoff series that we won, I think.

Jerami Grant averaging 17, 5, 2, 1.6 blocks, 1.4 steals, and 2.3 3’s per game the last two weeks.

And yes, I picked him up in fantasy hoops when Milsap got hurt. He’s been an ELITE fantasy guy since. Very few guys out there who give you steals, blocks, and 3s like that on good percentages with solid counting stats in the main “big 3 stats”.

Hopefully he keeps getting the minutes and opportunities regardless of who is healthy. He’s proving what he can do, big time, right now.

Somehow got roped into watching a Lakers/Nuggets playoff game from 2012 this afternoon and it looks like I’m watching a different sport.
EO3ZmpNWAAI-w_w

NBA has just become a 3 point shooting contest. With driving to the rim.

EO3ZmpNWAAI-w_w

NBA has just become a 3 point shooting contest. With driving to the rim.
Crazy how much the baseline was used. Not even all that long ago.

If the Knicks trade their unprotected first this year and Dallas picks for D'Angelo Russell I can't imagine the anger.

Stern would have already been behind the scenes getting a team of Knicks part owners, other league owners of the Knicks and potential buyers to have an intervention with Dolan to get him to sell.

Silver has to step in.

If the Knicks trade their unprotected first this year and Dallas picks for D'Angelo Russell I can't imagine the anger.
Eh, they might be numb. That'd be Knicks being Knicks.

Is anybody reporting the Knicks are offering their unprotected 1st for Russell or is this just speculation based on Shams saying they've shown a little interest in him?

Is anybody reporting the Knicks are offering their unprotected 1st for Russell or is this just speculation based on Shams saying they've shown a little interest in him?
I was listening to Isola on XM. That is what he was saying GS was looking for. He was saying the Knicks thinking is get Russell now so when KAT becomes available they are in a good spot for him.
I think if I am NYK I am not trading anything more than Dallas picks but who knows. They could have signed Russell last offseason.

I was listening to Isola on XM. That is what he was saying GS was looking for. He was saying the Knicks thinking is get Russell now so when KAT becomes available they are in a good spot for him.
I think if I am NYK I am not trading anything more than Dallas picks but who knows. They could have signed Russell last offseason.

I definitely would not be giving up their unprotected 1st for him. I'm still not convinced he actually helps teams. Would be a shame if the Knicks do it.

Could they have? Would he have wanted to go there?

Nick Nurse is one hell of a coach.

They also lost Danny Green, who obviously isn't Kawhi Leonard, but is still a solid player. And they have had injury issues too; they've played 49 games this year, FVV, Ibaka, Lowry, Siakam, Gasol all have missed at least 10.

In other NBA news. Zion Williamson. My god. Morant is having a real good year and is going to win ROY, but Zion is really going to make a run at it. He's averaging 19-8 in 25 minutes a game so far. He's shooting 62.5%! He's only played 125 minutes, but the Pelicans are +20 per 100 possessions in those minutes

One of the interesting things that the Raptors have done in building up their bench is bringing undrafted seniors or 2nd round seniors into their program and developing them.

Fred Van Vleet - undrafted
Norm Powell - mid 2nd rounder
Terrence Davis - undrafted
Chris Boucher - undrafted, did spend one year is GS system before Raptors brought him in.

All four are currently in the rotation -- Boucher goes in and out depending on injuries.

It seems, and I could be wrong, that there are more undrafted players in the league now that our doing well than in the past.

With the new NBA it is less about athleticism, and more about skill. You need to be good defensively, but the skills are different and are much more awareness based rather than athletic based. This seems to favour the NBA possibilities of an NCAA upperclassman more than before.

Don't know if it's just exceptions and really small samples, or a real trend that will develop.

One of the interesting things that the Raptors have done in building up their bench is bringing undrafted seniors or 2nd round seniors into their program and developing them.

Fred Van Vleet - undrafted
Norm Powell - mid 2nd rounder
Terrence Davis - undrafted
Chris Boucher - undrafted, did spend one year is GS system before Raptors brought him in.

All four are currently in the rotation -- Boucher goes in and out depending on injuries.

It seems, and I could be wrong, that there are more undrafted players in the league now that our doing well than in the past.

With the new NBA it is less about athleticism, and more about skill. You need to be good defensively, but the skills are different and are much more awareness based rather than athletic based. This seems to favour the NBA possibilities of an NCAA upperclassman more than before.

Don't know if it's just exceptions and really small samples, or a real trend that will develop.
I think some of this can be attributed to the G-League too. They're doing a much better job getting guys ready to contribute to an NBA roster.

Theis, Langford, and first round pick for Clint Capela would be dumb trade by Ainge if he does it.

Theis, Langford, and first round pick for Clint Capela would be dumb trade by Ainge if he does it.

If it makes you feel any better, trade machine says that trade wouldn't be allowed. Seems like its hard to make one work unless they give up a starter? (or smart)

If it makes you feel any better, trade machine says that trade wouldn't be allowed. Seems like its hard to make one work unless they give up a starter? (or smart)
The money works with Theis, Langford and deep bench player Poirier.
It would be those 3 and a first round pick for Capela.
I hate the deal if he does it.

The money works with Theis, Langford and deep bench player Poirier.
It would be those 3 and a first round pick for Capela.
I hate the deal if he does it.

I see, that works.

Capela is pretty decent, seems like Boston needs a C. Why so against?

I see, that works.

Capela is pretty decent, seems like Boston needs a C. Why so against?
I just don't think he closes the gap with the Bucks and I prefer not to add his salary on the Celtics up coming luxury tax bill.
If all it took was to get by Sixers I would say add Capela to matchup with Embiid. I don't think he helps them comes out of the East. This is Milwaukee's year in the East IMO.

I feel like I am still watching Zion at Duke on ESPN again. The TNT halftime crew fanboys (and fangirl) are amusing.

Zion goes 3-13. "Great game Zion -- good job getting that amount of shots off". OK...

I feel like I am still watching Zion at Duke on ESPN again. The TNT halftime crew fanboys (and fangirl) are amusing.

Zion goes 3-13. "Great game Zion -- good job getting that amount of shots off". OK...

I'm sorry this is a Zion slander free thread. The door is that way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom