NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Just realized I have a pair of Kobe Vs that I've worn like twice in my closet. Tossing those suckers on Ebay. Had them for like 10 years and don't anticipate wearing them any time in the future now that I've reached mid 30s.

LOL Payton. He backs off when Crawford shoves him. Then when all the players are in the scrum he gets all tough again knowing the security will hold him back.

Crawford's actions however were also unnecessary. Should not be stealing the inbounds in that situation.

I'm generally one of the people that just shrugs if a guy dunks the ball at the buzzer and whatnot, but stealing an inbounds pass when the other team has already given up and then dribbling out to the 3 point line to shoot it is super lame.

Payton obviously overreacted though and could have seriously hurt somebody and I assume he'll rightfully be suspended for it.

I'm generally one of the people that just shrugs if a guy dunks the ball at the buzzer and whatnot, but stealing an inbounds pass when the other team has already given up and then dribbling out to the 3 point line to shoot it is super lame.

Payton obviously overreacted though and could have seriously hurt somebody and I assume he'll rightfully be suspended for it.

There’s still almost a minute left though. Not like there was 5 seconds.

It looked like Morant when he crossed half court was going to start to dribble the 24 seconds out, knicks went with the trap and then Griz scored again. But I agree it was a bush league play all the way around

There’s still almost a minute left though. Not like there was 5 seconds.

Not saying the Knicks had given up too early, but they definitely look like they had given up once Memphis scored; guys walking up the court and whatnot.

Edit: Again though, never a good excuse for what Payton did. Similar to what Giannis did to Dunleavy in the playoffs years ago.

Esssentially the same as throwing at a guy in baseball for breaking one of the unwritten rules. Fine with me.

I would go Jaylen Brown over Jayson Tatum but the coaches did a good job.
The East all-stars come from 6 teams.
The top 6 teams that is pretty interesting.

Oh thank goodness, I won't have to hear from Jazz fans about how they get no respek.

I am sure nobody watched it but Jrue Holiday put on a clinic last night versus Cleveland. Both sides of the ball. Was checking Kevin Love for much of the game which was odd. I can't see the Pels trading him before the deadline as they still are hoping to make a run at the 8 spot. They play Memphis Friday in NOLA which should be a great game
i so wanna see the 8 seed pels punch out the lakers in the first round

Except for Trae Young. But your point pretty much still stands.
I was trying to think how the Bucks could get 3, since they were so dominant and Bledsoe has been good. But who do you drop?

2-6 in the East is so wide open., especially now that the Pacers get Oladipo back.

I still tend to go to the Sixers as that #2, based on being best equipped for the playoff grind -- perhaps I am overrating their playoff run last year -- they were the toughest opponent for the Raptors. But they are very inconsistent.

Bucks are about as likely to lose in the second round as the third round... although in both cases the odds are low. They have put in the time, absorbed the setbacks, that are necessary to take the next step.

I agree but Crowder is a flopper, pseudo tough guy. Morris _unPC or not - described his game perfectly.

morris crap was ignorant in any era of humanity. there are soft women and soft men and tough women and tough men. i don't think soft people in general can do crap like plow fields while 7 months pregnant..which is historically what women have had to do.

Except for Trae Young. But your point pretty much still stands.
I was trying to think how the Bucks could get 3, since they were so dominant and Bledsoe has been good. But who do you drop?

I think Bledsoe just plays too few minutes to make the case that he was really snubbed, but if you had to cut someone, I think it would have been Lowry. Bledsoe's per 36 numbers are better pretty much across the board.

Last year was really Bledsoe's year to make it; it should have been him over Middleton last year.

I think Bledsoe just plays too few minutes to make the case that he was really snubbed, but if you had to cut someone, I think it would have been Lowry. Bledsoe's per 36 numbers are better pretty much across the board.

Last year was really Bledsoe's year to make it; it should have been him over Middleton last year.

For some reason I thought Bledsoe had 21 ppg. Not sure where I got that from, but that influenced my earlier comment... maybe I saw his per 36 points per game the other day. At 15 a game, he would have needed a weaker roster to get in.

Lowry is not the guy to cut. Intangibles and advanced stats are always a big plus on his side.

I think it's so cool that Kawhi, a top 5 player in the league, goes from Toronto to the Clippers to form a super team, and the Raptors were basically like, "OK no problem, we'll be fine." And haven't missed a beat. They have a better record than the Clippers at the moment and are just rolling on a ten game winning streak.

I think it's so cool that Kawhi, a top 5 player in the league, goes from Toronto to the Clippers to form a super team, and the Raptors were basically like, "OK no problem, we'll be fine." And haven't missed a beat. They have a better record than the Clippers at the moment and are just rolling on a ten game winning streak.

Nick Nurse is one hell of a coach.

They also lost Danny Green, who obviously isn't Kawhi Leonard, but is still a solid player. And they have had injury issues too; they've played 49 games this year, FVV, Ibaka, Lowry, Siakam, Gasol all have missed at least 10.

In other NBA news. Zion Williamson. My god. Morant is having a real good year and is going to win ROY, but Zion is really going to make a run at it. He's averaging 19-8 in 25 minutes a game so far. He's shooting 62.5%! He's only played 125 minutes, but the Pelicans are +20 per 100 possessions in those minutes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom