NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

I hope the Celtics do this trade for Bertens.
Trade Pourier and a filler/first round pick for him.

It will take significantly more than that if I had to guess.

Knicks are finally back. Totally expect World Wide Wes to turn this around

Andre Drummond to Cleveland.
That is guy when bought out will be highly coveted.

Brandon Knight, John Henson and a second round pick for Drummond.

Lol what a haul.

That's a ridiculously expensive buyout if it were to happen. I can't see them doing it.
He has a player option. He is going to be a FA. Cleveland did this for cap space. They aren’t going to resign him when they have Tristan Thompson.
That lineup wouldn’t work.
They can probably save some money and buy him out.

He has a player option. He is going to be a FA. Cleveland did this for cap space. They aren’t going to resign him when they have Tristan Thompson.

Then why trade for him in the first place? They gave up a pick and expirings to acquire him. It wouldn't make sense to do that just to buy him out.

Edit: Seems to me they clearly want to see what Drummond looks like with their young guards and would potentially want to bring him back for the future if it somehow goes well.

Then why trade for him in the first place? They gave up a pick and expirings to acquire him. It wouldn't make sense to do that just to buy him out.

Edit: Seems to me they clearly want to see what Drummond looks like with their young guards and would potentially want to bring him back for the future if it somehow goes well.
The Cavs are probably going to move Thompson or buy him out.

The Cavs are probably going to move Thompson or buy him out.

Yeah, that is much more realistic IMO. I'm sure they're trying to trade him; will be curious to see if they buy him out or not.

Don't think this is necessarily true. In fact it might be the complete opposite if Kerr can get through to him. I think this was a good trade for them.

Absolutely agree. Wiggins as the #3 scorer on a good team that will not allow him to go iso is wonderful. Might be like a souped up version of what Barnes was for them.

They did it because it's literally a free look at a 25 year old center that is on the same timeline as their 2 guards and whoever they draft. If he fits and looks good with them then great, if not no big deal. Not like it matters if he opts in, they aren't attracting anyone there any way. This is the kind of trade you make when you have a young core and aren't going anywhere soon.

Isaiah Thomas to the Clippers, which likely means Darren Collison to the Lakers. Edge: Lakers.

Think Clippers are still the better team, at least for now though.

Isaiah Thomas to the Clippers, which likely means Darren Collison to the Lakers. Edge: Lakers.

Clippers have an open roster spot.
Lakers don’t.
Isiah Thomas isn’t going to stop them from making a play for Collinson.

Lakers don’t.

I would suspect Clippers save that spot for a big man. And the Lakers will have space. It's pretty much already written in pen that Collison will be a Laker and they might be signing JR Smith in addition to him.

Clippers aren’t keeping Thomas.

Morris to the Clippers, smh. Don’t feel like dealing with this fake tough guy’s goofball posturing in the playoffs.
LOL, you’re just bitter the Lakers didn’t get him.

Andre Drummond to Cleveland.
That is guy when bought out will be highly coveted.

He will not get bought out I think.
He has a player option that he may exercise next year

Lakers don’t.
I would suspect Clippers save that spot for a big man. And the Lakers will have space. It's pretty much already written in pen that Collison will be a Laker and they might be signing JR Smith in addition to him.
Clippers could go PG or big man. They traded both Walton and Robinson today, so not much PG depth at the moment. And Morris gives them more size than Harkless.

Lakers don’t.

According to some guy on ESPN it is unlikely due to Luxury tax implications - they are in the lux tax if they add any buyout player.

The only reason they added Thomas, was that they were momentarily marginally above the lux tax line after the Morris deal, and the Thomas deal allowed them to get marginally back below it (since he is at the minimum and Robinson is a bit above).

It's not the luxury tax from this year that is concerning. Its next year when they will be above it, and they are tying to avoid repeater tax penalties.

According to some guy on ESPN it is unlikely due to Luxury tax implications - they are in the lux tax if they add any buyout player.

The only reason they added Thomas, was that they were momentarily marginally above the lux tax line after the Morris deal, and the Thomas deal allowed them to get marginally back below it (since he is at the minimum and Robinson is a bit above).

It's not the luxury tax from this year that is concerning. Its next year when they will be above it, and they are tying to avoid repeater tax penalties.
Collison isn’t even that good at this point. Brings nothing defensively.

Collison isn’t even that good at this point. Brings nothing defensively.

He could literally just sit down at half court and wait for his team to get the ball back and still be better defensively than Isaiah

He could literally just sit down at half court and wait for his team to get the ball back and still be better defensively than Isaiah
The Clippers are literally not keeping Isaiah.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom