NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

n = 1

i would expect the opposite in a lot of real games. teams down 18+ after 3 more likely to tank

I guess?
The actual Elam Ending doesn't set the score until the last media TO, so it would be around 3 minutes or so. I think teams would try and play it out, at least as much as they do now.

That said, I take your point, the scenario on Sunday was basically a best case.

I guess?
The actual Elam Ending doesn't set the score until the last media TO, so it would be around 3 minutes or so. I think teams would try and play it out, at least as much as they do now.

That said, I take your point, the scenario on Sunday was basically a best case.
elam ending is tailor made for boeheim, who already knows how to grind his double digit leads down to narrow wins. the formula will change but its probably even easier to do with a point target than a clock

So are we headed for a Los Angeles vs. Milwaukee NBA Finals this year.
Either LA team in the West.
Not sure who between Toronto/Boston/Miami/Philly against Milwaukee in the ECF.

So are we headed for a Los Angeles vs. Milwaukee NBA Finals this year.
Either LA team in the West.
Not sure who between Toronto/Boston/Miami/Philly against Milwaukee in the ECF.
I kinda do feel like the Clippers are just lurking and once the playoffs hit Kawhi gets scary and nobody/no team can match it.

I do think the Bucks learned from last season's elimination and they'll punch their ticket to the finals and I'm not sure it matters much who they go through to get there, although I'm rooting for Miami because I feel like they've done some great things as an organization with drafting and player development and getting the cap room for Jimmy Butler.

I wonder if Miami will regret not going all the way and getting Gallo too. If they got him, i think they could've given the Bucks a run for their money.

Then again, I guess we (me?) tend to underrate the Bucks a little. They are having an all time season and it's somewhat flying under the radar

I wonder if Miami will regret not going all the way and getting Gallo too. If they got him, i think they could've given the Bucks a run for their money.

Then again, I guess we (me?) tend to underrate the Bucks a little. They are having an all time season and it's somewhat flying under the radar
Windhorst spewing whatever agents are telling him is saying that nobody fears Milwaukee in the playoffs until Giannis shoots better.
I don’t agree.
I think the 76ers are the only East team that can beat them in a 7 game series.
Toronto is one scorer short.
Boston can’t defned Giannis.
Miami doesn’t have the offense.

Does the money work for Ben Simmons for James Harden trade after the season?

Kyrie Irving doing what he does best - getting injured out for the year.
He was elected VP of the NBA Players association though.

I don’t know if he will ever play a road game in Boston.
During his time with the Celtics he played only 1 road game ever in Cleveland and that was literally his first game with the Celtics so he couldn’t miss it. He doesn’t like playing his old teams on the road. Kyrie needs to be liked. I never had anything bad against him but he does seem like a player who could use a night out with Charles Oakley.

Oakley types are missed in the NBA.

Does the money work for Ben Simmons for James Harden trade after the season?

Harden makes $41, Simmons will be around $29. So I'm guessing not?

God, imagine Ben Simmons and Russell Westbrook as the backcourt for a Daryl Morey team. Neither guy can make a 3!

God, imagine Ben Simmons and Russell Westbrook as the backcourt for a Daryl Morey team. Neither guy can make a 3!
Morey is likely going to lose his job after the season.
The Houston owner will want Chinese sponsors back and if they flame out I expect they will move on.
I was looking for teams that will want to move stars and Houston-Philadelphia just matched up well I thought.

Morey is likely going to lose his job after the season.
The Houston owner will want Chinese sponsors back and if they flame out I expect they will move on.
I was looking for teams that will want to move stars and Houston-Philadelphia just matched up well I thought.

I'm gonna keep banging the drum for some trade built around Simmons for McCollum

I'm gonna keep banging the drum for some trade built around Simmons for McCollum
I keep trying to figure out if Portland can be in so much cap hell that somehow a Conley for McCollum deal can work out.

So much for Cousins being the Lakers' savior in the playoffs:

So much for Cousins being the Lakers' savior in the playoffs:

Injuries have cost Cousins & Isaiah Thomas mad money. Too bad Cousins never got a chance to play with AD and LeBron.

Adding another wing like the other Morris twin strikes me as a good move, though.

So speaking of the Morris twins, I'm going to say I am about 30-35% serious when I say this...

There was a scenario a few years ago, I'm sure I have the details wrong, but one of the Morris twins was still alive in the playoffs and the other was eliminated/never made it. The one still in the playoffs was banged up and playing through in injury.
So my question; how easy would it be for them to just switch places? They are identical, after all. Let the healthy one who has been eliminated play for the banged up one. And again, I refer to the first line of this post where I say i'm only like 30-35% serious, but could you actually pull this off?

So speaking of the Morris twins, I'm going to say I am about 30-35% serious when I say this...

There was a scenario a few years ago, I'm sure I have the details wrong, but one of the Morris twins was still alive in the playoffs and the other was eliminated/never made it. The one still in the playoffs was banged up and playing through in injury.
So my question; how easy would it be for them to just switch places? They are identical, after all. Let the healthy one who has been eliminated play for the banged up one. And again, I refer to the first line of this post where I say i'm only like 30-35% serious, but could you actually pull this off?
I think I saw that on The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

2017 Celtics-Wizards second round series.

Markieff sprained his ankle badly in game one but conspiracy theory was Marcus stood in for him in game 2 and played really well like he wasn’t hurt for Markieff.

2017 Celtics-Wizards second round series.

Markieff sprained his ankle badly in game one but conspiracy theory was Marcus stood in for him in game 2 and played really well like he wasn’t hurt for Markieff.

Thank you!

You can't tell me 100% that this didn't happen.

Injuries have cost Cousins & Isaiah Thomas mad money. Too bad Cousins never got a chance to play with AD and LeBron.

Adding another wing like the other Morris twin strikes me as a good move, though.

For a Plan D, sure.

Actually 41 and 29 is pretty easy to build a trade around with the 125% rule.

Philly would have to give up about $33 million in contracts to make it work... so they would only need to add about $4m of filler, which given their smaller contracts is fairly easy.

If Houston falls apart in the mid-term that Westbrook trade would be devastating..

They owe the 2024 and 2026 first rounders to OKC.
And the 2021 and 2025 pick swaps may well also be enacted, since OKC is currently better than Houston as hard as that is to believe

Last edited:
NBA refs are a joke.
They ruined the end of the Celtics-Lakers game.

NBA refs are a joke.
They ruined the end of the Celtics-Lakers game.
I would have to be physically restrained if a ref T'd me up in that situation.

Is there a video of it?
Refs called a T on Brad Stevens with 11 seconds for complaining without being crazy in a 1 point game.
They missed the ball being out on Anthony Davis when the Lakers were down 1 with 39 seconds.
There were more bad calls.
It was just a clownshow performance by the NBA refs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom