NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 61 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Refs called a T on Brad Stevens with 11 seconds for complaining without being crazy in a 1 point game.
They missed the ball being out on Anthony Davis when the Lakers were down 1 with 39 seconds.
There were more bad calls.
It was just a clownshow performance by the NBA refs.
h

They didn’t miss the call on Davis. Stevens called for a review, the refs & replay crew looked it over, ball out out on Boston. Correct call

Calls went both ways — the missed goaltending against Boston (Brown), among others. Refs didn't decide the game.

Tatum was all-world for two quarters, Lakers adjusted well on him in fourth. He ended the game, down 2, with an offensive foul.

The Celtics are a nice team, could go far, maybe with some luck, win the East.

But plays like this decided the game, not the refs.

h

They didn’t miss the call on Davis. Stevens called for a review, the refs & replay crew looked it over, ball out out on Boston. Correct call

Calls went both ways — the missed goaltending against Boston (Brown), among others. Refs didn't decide the game.

Tatum was all-world for two quarters, Lakers adjusted well on him in fourth. He ended the game, down 2, with an offensive foul.

Magic’s swooping hook in ‘87, Van Exel’s 3 to shut down the Boston Garden, Artest’s 3 in the finals...this one can join the pantheon of Lakers shots to beat the Celtics.

h

They called a technical on Stevens when the guy wasn’t out of control.
Also JvG said he isn’t like these coaches who complain about everything. Brutal call.
If you want to get technical there was an awful in the second quarter the refs missed a goaltending and called an accidental whistle which took a basket from Boston and resulted in a jump ball.

Also that last call they slowed it and ball was off Anthony Davis’s pinky.

There is no way that ref can call that technical on Brad Stevens.

Refs called a T on Brad Stevens with 11 seconds for complaining without being crazy in a 1 point game.
They missed the ball being out on Anthony Davis when the Lakers were down 1 with 39 seconds.
There were more bad calls.
It was just a clownshow performance by the NBA refs.

Whether the call is right or wrong, the refs have to hold the whistle on T's in the last minute. Unless the action is totally egregious don't call one.

I understand you don't want coaches and players clowning them for all the game, so you have to establish some order. So call T's for the first 45 minutes. But in the intensity of the last minute, refs need to just suck it up and not become an even bigger part of the show.

Last edited:
Very excited about the Raptors - Bucks tomorrow night, and then another two matchups after that 5 weeks from now.

The Bucks are the measuring stick in the East. I expect the Bucks to take at least 2 out of 3, but the Raps have surprised all season so I want to see if they can do it again.

Unfortunately two critical players in the Raps rotation are still out (Gasol and Powell). We will need to have a full team to have a chance against the Bucks in the playoffs.

If healthy Raps may have the best bench in the league. (TD, Powell, Ibaka), with RHJ and Boucher as support.

Very excited about the Raptors - Bucks tomorrow night, and then another two matchups after that 5 weeks from now.

The Bucks are the measuring stick in the East. I expect the Bucks to take at least 2 out of 3, but the Raps have surprised all season so I want to see if they can do it again.

Unfortunately two critical players in the Raps rotation are still out (Gasol and Powell). We will need to have a full team to have a chance against the Bucks in the playoffs.

If healthy Raps may have the best bench in the league. (TD, Powell, Ibaka), with RHJ and Boucher as support.

If I were still a betting man, I'd look favorably on the Raptors at home against Milwaukee Tuesday night. The Bucks are playing in D.C. tonight, will be on a back-to-back in Toronto,

Wow.
When Michael Jordan talks you listen.
That was strong and good stuff from Jordan.
Rob Pelinka and Michael Jordan were amazing.

Also Vanessa Bryant handled herself so well.
It’s surreal that Kobe Bryant is dead a month after the fact.

I still can’t and won’t watch any of this Kobe stuff. Haven’t watched a thing. Have watched maybe two or three games since it happened.

Iggy is friggin WASHED. Lmao! He fleeced Miami. They should’ve just stopped being stubborn and played Dion! All that hype for an old guy whose gonna average 4 ppg. I’m dying.

If I were still a betting man, I'd look favorably on the Raptors at home against Milwaukee Tuesday night. The Bucks are playing in D.C. tonight, will be on a back-to-back in Toronto,

I feel the same, especially after the game went into overtime. Guys haven't had to play that many minutes much this season; I expect them to look tired against Toronto.

I was watching the 1994 All Star game on NBA Tv my god was the league bad that year.

The starting lineups for East
BJ Armstrong
Kenny Anderson
Scottie Pippen
Derrick Coleman
Shaquille O’Neal

East bench had John Starks, Mookie Blaylock Horace Grant and Charles Oakley,

West starting lineup at least had more star power

Clyde Drexler
Mitch Richmond
Shawn Kemp
Karl Malone
Hakeem Olajuwon

Wow the sport really lost a lot when Jordan retired. The talent today is miles deeper.

it was a weak technical, but ultimately had no impact on the game since Lakers missed the free throw anyway and already had possession.

In other news, the Bucks clinched a playoff spot last night.
Went to Bucks-Pistons last week. Was enjoyable for about 20 minutes. Pistons roster is so ridiculous, about 4 quality NBA players left on the team at this point. Giannis essentially did whatever he wanted, had 30 and 15 towards the end of the 3rd with them up 30 and it was time for dinner.

Wow.
When Michael Jordan talks you listen.
That was strong and good stuff from Jordan.
Rob Pelinka and Michael Jordan were amazing.

Also Vanessa Bryant handled herself so well.
It’s surreal that Kobe Bryant is dead a month after the fact.

I was worried we were going to see petty HOF induction Michael here.

Went to Bucks-Pistons last week. Was enjoyable for about 20 minutes. Pistons roster is so ridiculous, about 4 quality NBA players left on the team at this point. Giannis essentially did whatever he wanted, had 30 and 15 towards the end of the 3rd with them up 30 and it was time for dinner.

Yeah I've pretty much just watched the first halves of games this season since they've mostly been blowouts. That Pistons roster is absolutely hilarious; they're like all Bucks castoffs.

I was worried we were going to see petty HOF induction Michael here.
I loved MJ’s HOF speech.
He was awesome and the real Jordan there showing how competitive he really is. He remembers every slight. Hell it gave Bryon Russell more attention than he had in his entire playing career.

Jordan yesterday you could tell he liked and respected Kobe. Jordan hates how the all-star game has devolved and how competitiveness in the league is less than when he played.

I wish 1987-1991 Jordan played with these modern rules.

Hey Clips...how’s the view down there?
It’s a marathon, not a sprint. Try beating them once (in games or for players), then come back and see me.

Milwaukee beats the Raptors fairly easily down the stretch after being down 12 in the first half.

Milwaukee played better and is the better team. But I have to try to rationalize this as best as possible to still think we have some small level of optimism if we make the ECF..
- Serge Ibaka had by far his worst game of the season, and it really wasn't the bucks. Seemed like he was trying to play through being sick. It will help when Gasol comes back.
- Gasol and Powell are still injured.
- Lowry can't be any more off then he was... and big part of that was certainly the Bucks D. He could not out guile them.
- Deeper bench players were good.

And while it's all relative, it was a positive that we "contained" Giannis to a certain degree and he shied at times from trying to score. still goes for 18/19/8 which still shows his overall dominance. The 3 best players on the Bucks just played way better than the Raps top 4.

Milwaukee beats the Raptors fairly easily down the stretch after being down 12 in the first half.

Milwaukee played better and is the better team. But I have to try to rationalize this as best as possible to still think we have some small level of optimism if we make the ECF..
- Serge Ibaka had by far his worst game of the season, and it really wasn't the bucks. Seemed like he was trying to play through being sick. It will help when Gasol comes back.
- Gasol and Powell are still injured.
- Lowry can't be any more off then he was... and big part of that was certainly the Bucks D. He could not out guile them.
- Deeper bench players were good.

And while it's all relative, it was a positive that we "contained" Giannis to a certain degree and he shied at times from trying to score. still goes for 18/19/8 which still shows his overall dominance. The 3 best players on the Bucks just played way better than the Raps top 4.

At the end of the day, my main concern for the Bucks in the postseason is:

1.Our shooters (particularly Middleton, who’s been a top 10-15 player this year) and George Hill (who I think is shooting over 50% from 3) go cold in a series.

2. The other team’s shooters get hot and there’s nothing we can do about it (ala FVV and Powell last year)

At the end of the day, my main concern for the Bucks in the postseason is:

1.Our shooters (particularly Middleton, who’s been a top 10-15 player this year) and George Hill (who I think is shooting over 50% from 3) go cold in a series.

2. The other team’s shooters get hot and there’s nothing we can do about it (ala FVV and Powell last year)
Which team from Toronto, Boston, Miami, Philadelphia is the best matchups for Milwaukee and which are the worst?

I see Boston as the best matchup for Milwaukee.
Philadelphia as the worst matchup for Milwaukee.

My reasoning is Philadelphia has the most talent and has a deep bench.
Toronto is probably the second toughest matchup for Milwaukee but they don’t have the top end talent Philly does but is probably deeper overall.
Miami has more depth than Boston.
Boston has the second most talent of the 4 but their bench sucks and Milwaukee is so deep you need depth to beat them.
I think the Bucks want Miami and Boston second and third rounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom