NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

I still can't believe there were people out there that thought he'd be a bust even if healthy.

He’s just a physical freak, the likes of which don’t come around very often. Like, he almost doesn’t look real out there. Bo Jackson, young Shaq, Randy Moss...guys like that. Just on another level with what they can do physically.

I still can't believe there were people out there that thought he'd be a bust even if healthy.

I read and listened to a few H0T Takes after the draft that claimed that RJ Barrett would be a better pro than Zion.

I was more thinking of this guy

Classic. He's had several beauts but that is up there with some of the best. If somebody called him on it today he'd deny it.

Morant goes for 27/14/6 in a win against the LA Lakers. Crucial win for the Grizz in the playoff race. Will that slow down some of the momentum for Zion for ROY?

As an aside. The Thunder and Grizz pretty much did what seemed like a significant tear down, and both are in the playoff race. Just shows how bad some of those organizations that are perennially miss the playoffs really are.

Although by getting SGA, Danilo, Paul for Westbrook/George it almost worked out as a retool so far instead of a rebuild.

Morant goes for 27/14/6 in a win against the LA Lakers. Crucial win for the Grizz in the playoff race. Will that slow down some of the momentum for Zion for ROY?

As an aside. The Thunder and Grizz pretty much did what seemed like a significant tear down, and both are in the playoff race. Just shows how bad some of those organizations that are perennially miss the playoffs really are.

Although by getting SGA, Danilo, Paul for Westbrook/George it almost worked out as a retool so far instead of a rebuild.

Yeah, OKC was always a likely playoff contender. That isn't shocking. Memphis being in the race is, though it's mainly because there's only 7 good teams in the conference (8 if you consider the surging Pelicans).

Yeah, OKC was always a likely playoff contender. That isn't shocking. Memphis being in the race is, though it's mainly because there's only 7 good teams in the conference (8 if you consider the surging Pelicans).

I just googled preseason predictions. I would have to disagree with your comment that OKC was generally predicted for the playoffs.

The .538 model had them in.

But basically every other link I looked at on the first search page whether predictions or power rankings - CBS, Sporting News, SI, Yahoo, nba.com, Bleacher Reprt, SB Nation had them in the 9 to 12 range.

I guess they benefited from the implosion of Golden St and the regression of Portland.

Paul playing 59 of 60 games and Gallo playing 51 of 60 games is pretty shocking though. Hopefully they both stay healthy the rest of the year. OKC is a fun team with those guys.

I think many assumed those guys would miss a ton of games, OKC would be out if it, and those guys would be traded to a contender.

They should give Ja the ROY Award today.

Shake Milton.
For the sixers... doing some crazy things.
Amazing that an ‘unheralded’ (second round pick) guy out of smu/g-league is so talented and performing like this.

Last two games, set nba record for most consecutive 3s.
14!
39 points against the clippers. I think he was 7-8 from 3 today.

Last edited:
I just googled preseason predictions. I would have to disagree with your comment that OKC was generally predicted for the playoffs.

The .538 model had them in.

But basically every other link I looked at on the first search page whether predictions or power rankings - CBS, Sporting News, SI, Yahoo, nba.com, Bleacher Reprt, SB Nation had them in the 9 to 12 range.

I guess they benefited from the implosion of Golden St and the regression of Portland.

I didn't mean that everyone expected them to be in the playoffs, just that it should have been expected that they'd at least be in the race. OKC was a good team on paper.

He’s just a physical freak, the likes of which don’t come around very often. Like, he almost doesn’t look real out there. Bo Jackson, young Shaq, Randy Moss...guys like that. Just on another level with what they can do physically.

Zion was great last night... again. Fun to watch. Pelicans have absolutely no answer for LeBron on defense. I know that many don't but it's beyond an issue. I know they are pushing for the 8 seed and may or may not get it but they will almost surely get swept by the Lakers. It hasn't helped that Ingram has played probably his worst games of the year versus the Lakers. Lonzo was great last night though.

Play of the night, Zion makes great moves with a huge move and dunk over Kuzma, LeBron comes right back and answers with a 30 ft 3 pointer. Ridiculous

I didn't mean that everyone expected them to be in the playoffs, just that it should have been expected that they'd at least be in the race. OKC was a good team on paper.

Fair enough -- I think in many of the predictions, and myself included were probably expecting them to continue to do tanking related moves (more trades), even wondering if Chris Paul would even play, (or have a good attitude), and they would not stand still with what they have and do the best they could with it.

I still think they have played somewhat above expectations because they are just not barely in the playoffs, but actually fighting for Home Court Advantage (1.5 games out of fourth).

Fair enough -- I think in many of the predictions, and myself included were probably expecting them to continue to do tanking related moves (more trades), even wondering if Chris Paul would even play, (or have a good attitude), and they would not stand still with what they have and do the best they could with it.

I still think they have played somewhat above expectations because they are just not barely in the playoffs, but actually fighting for Home Court Advantage (1.5 games out of fourth).

Definitely above expectations still. I think Memphis has been significantly more surprising though.

Zion was great last night... again. Fun to watch. Pelicans have absolutely no answer for LeBron on defense. I know that many don't but it's beyond an issue. I know they are pushing for the 8 seed and may or may not get it but they will almost surely get swept by the Lakers. It hasn't helped that Ingram has played probably his worst games of the year versus the Lakers. Lonzo was great last night though.

Play of the night, Zion makes great moves with a huge move and dunk over Kuzma, LeBron comes right back and answers with a 30 ft 3 pointer. Ridiculous

This was sweet, the teenage phenom & the OG(OAT).

Zion Williamson scores career-high 35, but it's not enough against LeBron's triple-double

I had OKC as a bottom 5 team in the league. However to be fair I thought they would sit Paul and try to trade him.

Trae Young is a little gremlin looking beeyatch. I don’t like that kid at all.

I had OKC as a bottom 5 team in the league. However to be fair I thought they would sit Paul and try to trade him.

I definitely remember liking OKC before the season, sure hope I said so in here!

Zion is so unbelievable, I know I'm a broken record, but he really is. (cant believe he missed that dunk early on though). He's just so damn quick, he gets the ball, and then he's laying it in. The guy is absolutely insane.

I have a "friendly" wager with a buddy, I say Milwaukee doesn't make it to 70 wins. What say you all?

I definitely remember liking OKC before the season, sure hope I said so in here!

Zion is so unbelievable, I know I'm a broken record, but he really is. (cant believe he missed that dunk early on though). He's just so damn quick, he gets the ball, and then he's laying it in. The guy is absolutely insane.

I have a "friendly" wager with a buddy, I say Milwaukee doesn't make it to 70 wins. What say you all?
I see them coming up just short of 70.
Like 67-68 wins.

Tonight in Miami will determine it.
Playing in South beach on back to back.
Could be a L.
Then they play Toronto home/home coming up I think they will split.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom