NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

I’ll tell you this...I’m 37 and my SI joint is acting up, and I think I might be able to go by Jared Dudley.

Even with Kuzma out, there’s gotta be somebody we can pick up that’s better than him. I’m sure he’s a good locker room guy and all, but cmon.

Dudley's a good bench player. Was one of the big reasons the Nets were a playoff team honestly. He's a been a positive net on/off guy each of the past 5 years.

Once Kuzma comes back and gives them another guy that can score that will help quite a bit.

Looked like Bron was uncomfortable and still adjusting to being the full time point guard and thinking pass first. He didn’t play all that well offensively. He’ll get better at picking his spots but I think the Lakers need to find another ball handler or shot creator.

Clippers looked good. If their bench and role players shoot like that more than they don’t they’re going to be pretty tough to beat.
Lakers need some young legs for their backcourt.
KCP was brutal defensively.
Anthony Davis will cleanup some of the drive byes but the Lakers main issue is defensive backcourt help.
Avery Bradley is the guy they need for that. If he gets back to Boston form before he was traded.
Iguadola would help them in the playoffs as well but he will have his choices if he eventually gets bought out.
I think Philadelphia could be a dark horse for Iguadola if/when he gets bought out but everyone says Lakers/Clippers/Rockets.

Anthony Davis will cleanup some of the drive byes but the Lakers main issue is defensive backcourt help.
Avery Bradley is the guy they need for that. If he gets back to Boston form before he was traded.

Not going to lie and I may have said this in the summer...there’s a part of me that fears a 2013 type season - where we had Kobe, Gasol, Howard, and Artest - but were overall old, slow, and not deep.

Not going to lie and I may have said this in the summer...there’s a part of me that fears a 2013 type season - where we had Kobe, Gasol, Howard, and Artest - but were overall old, slow, and not deep.
Lakers are going to be better than that 2014 bunch barring Davis suffering a major injury. However I see what you are saying and there is a reason the Lakers wanted Kawhi so badly.
He is that defensive wing who could guard anybody but centers.

Danny Green played about as well as he can last night and couldn’t defend a chair.

Last edited:
Iguadola would help them in the playoffs as well but he will have his choices if he eventually gets bought out.
I think Philadelphia could be a dark horse for Iguadola if/when he gets bought out but everyone says Lakers/Clippers/Rockets.

I think eventually come playoff time Lakers are going to realize that the best lineup is going to be AD at the 5 and not playing mostly at the 4 like last night. Kills the effectiveness of the LeBron/AD pick and roll if you have Javale or Dwight in there with his man hanging out by the paint. Bradley is a big piece for them in terms of predicting how their season ultimately ends up. If he can be a strong defender on the ball and make open 3's then a playoff 5 of Bron, AD, Kuzma, Green and Bradley could work.

It's really cliche but it's true that the NBA is a make or miss league. Lakers aren't going to win many games against good teams when Bron, AD, Bradley, KCP, Daniels and Cook shoot a combined 4/22 from 3, which I don't think will be the norm. Similarly with Clippers I don't know who would be able to beat them when Shamet, Harkless, Green go 8/14 from 3 and Lou comes off the bench and immediately goes 6-6 from the floor.

I think eventually come playoff time Lakers are going to realize that the best lineup is going to be AD at the 5 and not playing mostly at the 4 like last night. Kills the effectiveness of the LeBron/AD pick and roll if you have Javale or Dwight in there with his man hanging out by the paint. Bradley is a big piece for them in terms of predicting how their season ultimately ends up. If he can be a strong defender on the ball and make open 3's then a playoff 5 of Bron, AD, Kuzma, Green and Bradley could work.

It's really cliche but it's true that the NBA is a make or miss league. Lakers aren't going to win many games against good teams when Bron, AD, Bradley, KCP, Daniels and Cook shoot a combined 4/22 from 3, which I don't think will be the norm. Similarly with Clippers I don't know who would be able to beat them when Shamet, Harkless, Green go 8/14 from 3 and Lou comes off the bench and immediately goes 6-6 from the floor.
On the make or miss league thing.
This is the shot chart for the Raptors last night. 4 shots in the mid range.

EHkP4zaUYAA5rH9

It is make or miss league.

Oh, they realize it now. It doesn't take them until the playoffs to understand it.

That's not how Davis wants to play.

Oh, they realize it now. It doesn't take them until the playoffs to understand it.

That's not how Davis wants to play.

I think they probably pick their spots on that lineup and let Dwight and Javale absorb most of the wear and tear from playing the 5 during the regular season then make the switch in the playoffs. Agreed though that they probably want to play that way but AD doesn't want that.

I think they probably pick their spots on that lineup and let Dwight and Javale absorb most of the wear and tear from playing the 5 during the regular season then make the switch in the playoffs. Agreed though that they probably want to play that way but AD doesn't want that.

Dwight is a corpse

Alsacs

we win 58 and challenge for the conference title this year. Kemba was my dream free agent, we thought we didnt have the money for, and we brought him in.

He’s a lockerroom vet who lives for that big moment. I don’t see an alienating part of our lineup anymore. Biggest factor now is Heyward continuing to improve. Maybe now we’ll see what Brad’s really made of.

Alsacs

we win 58 and challenge for the conference title this year. Kemba was my dream free agent, we thought we didnt have the money for, and we brought him in.

He’s a lockerroom vet who lives for that big moment. I don’t see an alienating part of our lineup anymore. Maybe now we’ll see what Brad’s really made of.
48-34 is my guess.
3 seed. Hope to get lucky against Philly/Milwaukee.
Celtics need Tatum to play like an Allstar.

I think Gordon Heyward is going to be a surprise really good player this year.
Chemistry is better and Kyrie to Kemba isn’t a gigantic downgrade talent wise and will be a plus in chemistry.
Al Horford won’t be a big loss in the regular season but his postseason play was outstanding. They need another big but will be a fun team.

48-34 is my guess.
3 seed. Hope to get lucky against Philly/Milwaukee.
Celtics need Tatum to play like an Allstar.

I think Gordon Heyward is going to be a surprise really good player this year.
Chemistry is better and Kyrie to Kemba isn’t a gigantic downgrade talent wise and will be a plus in chemistry.
Al Horford won’t be a big loss in the regular season but his postseason play was outstanding. They need another big but will be a fun team.
I think in my scenario I see Brown taking the next step. We can’t really afford him not to. Id like to see him become our Iguodala.

Alsacs

He’s a lockerroom vet who lives for that big moment. I don’t see an alienating part of our lineup anymore. Biggest factor now is Heyward continuing to improve. Maybe now we’ll see what Brad’s really made of.

I have you guys at 51 wins personally. Still feel like there's potential for you to make one more move that makes you seriously dangerous to Philly and Milwaukee.

I don't see a team led by Kanter at C winning more than 1 game in the playoffs against either of those teams (unless injuries destroy them).

I have you guys at 51 wins personally. Still feel like there's potential for you to make one more move that makes you seriously dangerous to Philly and Milwaukee.

I don't see a team led by Kanter at C winning more than 1 game in the playoffs against either of those teams (unless injuries destroy them).
Sabonis would be nice

Sabonis would be nice
I mean I am sure Boston would trade 2019 lottery pick Romeo Langford from Indiana University, the Memphis pick that after this year is unprotected, and Marcus Smart for Sabonis.
They won't deal Brown or Tatum for him. Ainge declined Brown for Sabonis in the summer according to NBC Sports Boston.

Ah, Kanter. Not a 16 game player, as Draymond would describe it.

i wouldn't over react if i was a lakers fan. lakers effort last night probably beats almost every other team in the association. the clippers roster is just too damn deep.

as long as they don't wear old man lebron down & ad plays at least 70 games, they will be fine.

but those are 2 big ifs . . .

i wouldn't over react if i was a lakers fan. lakers effort last night probably beats almost every other team in the association. the clippers roster is just too damn deep.
Or... they should totally overreact.

i wouldn't over react if i was a lakers fan. lakers effort last night probably beats almost every other team in the association.

This. LeBron shot 37% from the floor. He shot 37% or worse 4 times last year. The Clippers are the best team in the NBA. An opening night loss to them isn’t all that damning.

as long as they don't wear old man lebron down & ad plays at least 70 games, they will be fine.

but those are 2 big ifs . . .

I think the best five will prove to be Rondo, Green, LeBron, Kuzma, and Davis. And I think that’s a strong lineup. There’s enough bodies to go big when needed. That bench though...

Could use a “3 and D” wing with young legs IMO, and a microwave guard scorer too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom