NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

This. LeBron shot 37% from the floor. He shot 37% or worse 4 times last year. The Clippers are the best team in the NBA. An opening night loss to them isn’t all that damning.

I will say, I'm not going to overreact and doubt him or anything, but LeBron did look a bit less explosive than I remember him being last night. Seemed like he kept going to a really slow behind the back move and a lot of his finishes were below the rim.

I still expect LA to be a top 4-5 team in the West regardless though.

I will say, I'm not going to overreact and doubt him or anything, but LeBron did look a bit less explosive than I remember him being last night. Seemed like he kept going to a really slow behind the back move and a lot of his finishes were below the rim.

I still expect LA to be a top 4-5 team in the West regardless though.

I was saying to my friend yesterday, I think there's money to be made in fading Lebron. think there's a good chance he's just really great instead of Lebron, and that could matter.

I like Nate Silver but to make the rockets the favorite doesn’t make any sense.
Westbrook and Harden aren’t defensive players and that would kill them in the playoffs.
I could see Denver being the 1 seed.
Houston and clippers battling for 2-3.

Also he has OKC way to high. They are a bottom 5 team.

You think? The OKC roster, assuming they don't blow it up (which if you're projecting now, you can't) isn't THAT bad.

CP3
SGA
Gallo
Noel (?)
Adams

Not sure where they go at the 4. Schroder, Terrence Ferguson, BAZELY, Roberson. The bench isn't great, for sure. But bottom 5? There are some awful awful teams, especially in the east.

You think? The OKC roster, assuming they don't blow it up (which if you're projecting now, you can't) isn't THAT bad.

CP3
SGA
Gallo
Noel (?)
Adams

Not sure where they go at the 4. Schroder, Terrence Ferguson, BAZELY, Roberson. The bench isn't great, for sure. But bottom 5? There are some awful awful teams, especially in the east.

Agreed, as long as CP3 and Gallo are healthy. They miss their usual 25 games, and that team is bad.

CP3
SGA
Gallo
Noel (?)
Adams

sga is the real deal. he was the most difficult surrender for the clips in the pg13 trade, more so than the draft picks

CP3
SGA
Gallo
Noel (?)
Adams

Playing in the West will give them more losses.
The roster is okay but they will try and trade CP3 when they can in December.
The Thunder want to tank.

was looking back at the trade the clippers made with houston for chris paul . . . it is the foundation of their dynasty.

they got critical rotation pieces lou williams, pat beverly and montrezl harrel. along with the throw in pieces, they got a 2018 1st round pick they used on omari spellman, who was used in the trade to get gallo, who later moved to okc in the pg13 trade

if they win a title, it has to go down as one of the greatest trades in nba history

was looking back at the trade the clippers made with houston for chris paul . . . it is the foundation of their dynasty.

they got critical rotation pieces lou williams, pat beverly and montrezl harrel. along with the throw in pieces, they got a 2018 1st round pick they used on omari spellman, who was used in the trade to get gallo, who later moved to okc in the pg13 trade

if they win a title, it has to go down as one of the greatest trades in nba history
then throw in the blake griffin trade. they got tobias harris and boban, who they spun to the sixers for landry shamet (another rotation piece) and mike muscala, who they used to fleece zubac from the lakers.

so thats five key rotation guys
beverly
zubac
williams
harrel
shamet

and a piece of pg13

for two huge, difficult (seemingly impossible at the time) to move contracts

best front office in the association?

Playing in the West will give them more losses.
The roster is okay but they will try and trade CP3 when they can in December.
The Thunder want to tank.

The west is way better, and if they trade CP3, that's different. I'm just saying, if you're a projection system, you're just projecting the strength of the team as is right now. No way they are a bottom 5 team as it stands now.

then throw in the blake griffin trade. they got tobias harris and boban, who they spun to the sixers for landry shamet (another rotation piece) and mike muscala, who they used to fleece zubac from the lakers.

so thats five key rotation guys
beverly
zubac
williams
harrel
shamet

and a piece of pg13

for two huge, difficult (seemingly impossible at the time) to move contracts

best front office in the association?

The only quibble (I guess?) is from what I read the Lakers basically offered Zubac to them, so they just got totally lucky there.

Plus they got a first rounder for Blake as well, which turned into SGA, which helped turn into PG. I know Jerry West hasn't been there for all these moves, but he just seems to always be around these well run teams

The only quibble (I guess?) is from what I read the Lakers basically offered Zubac to them, so they just got totally lucky there.

Plus they got a first rounder for Blake as well, which turned into SGA, which helped turn into PG. I know Jerry West hasn't been there for all these moves, but he just seems to always be around these well run teams

I’m still trying to figure out what exactly we wanted with Mike Muscala.

Leave it to the Knicks to start 3 power forwards, a small forward, a shooting guard.

Also, in the NBA in 2019, the Knicks have started their offense more than half of their possessions by entering the ball into the post to Randle or Morris for an iso with zero movement. It's like we're back in the 90's, only with players that can't execute those types of plays.

Are refs being told to call more offensive fouls?
There have been a ton of offensive foul calls in this Philly-Boston game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom