NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Knicks411

Living Legend
Pau Gasol (rehabbing foot injury, but wants to play another year to give himself a chance at one last Olympics), Nene (Rockets traded him to Hawks who then waived him-- not retired that I am aware of), Tyson Chandler (Rockets-- hope this is the answer you are going for)
Chandler was the guy. I thought Gasol was retired, isn't he a coach now or something?

Cusefan0307

A very millennial millennial
My guess was Udonis Haslem, but he came in the league the next year. I swear he's been playing with the Heat for 3 decades.

jordville

All American
My guess was Udonis Haslem, but he came in the league the next year. I swear he's been playing with the Heat for 3 decades.
Good guess. I think he is the oldest player now that Vincanity has made it official.

Knicks411

Living Legend
Hadn't heard Gasol was coaching other than his free online academy. Here is a recent article I just found...

This is what I was thinking of. But then it turns out he didnt coach. So, you know

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Magistrate
NBA wants Zion in the playoffs.

So can you explain the playoffs. Each team plays these eight games and then sixteen teams moved to the playoffs. Is it then 8 eastern and 8 western play (excluding that 8/9 schtick). I'm confused because there are so many western teams compared to the east.

Alsacs

I know that I know nothing. Too bad though
So can you explain the playoffs. Each team plays these eight games and then sixteen teams moved to the playoffs. Is it then 8 eastern and 8 western play (excluding that 8/9 schtick). I'm confused because there are so many western teams compared to the east.
Top 8 in each conference make the playoffs.

If the team in 9th is within 3 games of the team in 8th then there is a play-in.
Team in 9th has beat the team in 8th 2 times in a row. Team in 8th just needs to win one of two games.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Magistrate
Top 8 in each conference make the playoffs.

If the team in 9th is within 3 games of the team in 8th then there is a play-in.
Team in 9th has beat the team in 8th 2 times in a row. Team in 8th just needs to win one of two games.
So do they all start 0-0 or continue with their existing record?

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Magistrate
They continue with their current records. 8 games for each of the 22 teams.
Ok thanks. It will be interesting with rust, injuries and players declining to play. Full rosters will win games.

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
They continue with their current records. 8 games for each of the 22 teams.
Questions for those who are really following this Are all of the teams that are not playing locked into their respective draft positions? If they are adding to their current records, will the wins and loses impact the "in" teams draft positions?

ScrabbCuse

Scout Team
Questions for those who are really following this Are all of the teams that are not playing locked into their respective draft positions? If they are adding to their current records, will the wins and loses impact the "in" teams draft positions?
As far as I know, they are locked in regardless of how many losses other teams still playing rack up. Of course that doesn’t guarantee them a top pick. Look at the NHL from last night for example. A “playoff” team is getting the top pick.

OttoinGrotto

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
As far as I know, they are locked in regardless of how many losses other teams still playing rack up. Of course that doesn’t guarantee them a top pick. Look at the NHL from last night for example. A “playoff” team is getting the top pick.
I think that's way more interesting by the way. Adding a top prospect to a team that's already competitive does way more to change the contending set in the league than tilting the odds that the best prospects end up on the worst teams.

ScrabbCuse

Scout Team
I think that's way more interesting by the way. Adding a top prospect to a team that's already competitive does way more to change the contending set in the league than tilting the odds that the best prospects end up on the worst teams.
It’s definitely interesting but only happens when a good team is decimated by injuries(Spurs the year they got Duncan and Warriors this year) or if a team acquires a pick via trade. The NHL is different this year in that there are 24 teams eligible for the top pick rather than 15. There’s a chance a top 10 team gets the top pick on their own without injuries or trades. Just very unusual.

Day2

WE WANT CHIMICHANGAS!!!
I think it’s a mistake to have the Lakers and Clippers squaring off on re-opening night. Yeah, it will bring ratings, but the players are going to be rusty. Could have made for a more entertaining game later on.

Alsacs

I know that I know nothing. Too bad though
I remember MSG stock on the exchange went sky rocketing up a couple of days into NBA FA. The night before the decision MSG stock was at an all time high.
A lot of people thought the Knicks were the choice.

Briancuse

Living Legend
I think it’s a mistake to have the Lakers and Clippers squaring off on re-opening night. Yeah, it will bring ratings, but the players are going to be rusty. Could have made for a more entertaining game later on.
The product is going to be rusty whoever is playing might as well have the two best playing each other.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom