NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 88 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

I used to be so into the challenge. I really fell off with about 2 years ago or so. I know there's a season going on right now, maybe i am gonna jump back in.

I just love when they start talking about "playing the game" and "rookies and vets"
It's so good. With no sports, I highly encourage you to get back into it.

The twist with this current season is that you can't qualify for the final unless you've won an elimination.
Yeah, it's a brilliant change.

Being one of the gamesmakers for that show would be a dream job for me.

Yeah, it's a brilliant change.

Being one of the gamesmakers for that show would be a dream job for me.

Yeah, I often think about that haha. Like whoever the pyrotechnic guy, the people that design the challenges, and the people that test them out must have so much fun. The most recent challenge where people essentially stood on gigantic bowling pins and each contestant got to come skidding in with a car to try to knock down as many of them as possible looks like such a riot.

The twist with this current season is that you can't qualify for the final unless you've won an elimination. So nearly the entire season was people trying to convince everyone else to vote them in instead of the usual everyone trying to avoid it.

They've also added a few new people this season that seem like genuinely good human beings that happen to be very strong so that's always nice lol.

The show hit a lull a few seasons ago IMO but the last two in particular have been really good.

That's a hell of a twist.

When they told the cast that, did someone do an interview where they said something like "this changes everything"? That's a staple, you need at least one or two of those every season.

And obviously TJ Lavin has to 1) tell some people they killed it, and 2) hate quitters

Yeah, I often think about that haha. Like whoever the pyrotechnic guy, the people that design the challenges, and the people that test them out must have so much fun. The most recent challenge where people essentially stood on gigantic bowling pins and each contestant got to come skidding in with a car to try to knock down as many of them as possible looks like such a riot.
I do wonder sometimes about how much of it is scripted. Like, a few seasons ago, Kam pulled off a completely brilliant maneuver... to put in rookies. It was a total waste. She set it up perfectly to take down one of the big contenders and instead went for rookies. It made no sense. I wondered if there was some producer involvement on it.

When they told the cast that, did someone do an interview where they said something like "this changes everything"? That's a staple, you need at least one or two of those every season.

And obviously TJ Lavin has to 1) tell some people they killed it, and 2) hate quitters
My favorite is when he says "you gotta pick it up" to a team or person that's down.

Also, watching The Challenge competitors talk about what it's like being on The Challenge is kinda like watching KRS-One talk about the early days of hip hop.

Lmao did you watch the season where the theme was Vendettas and damn near every episode had multiple people being like "Yep, that person is a vendetta now."

I do wonder sometimes about how much of it is scripted. Like, a few seasons ago, Kam pulled off a completely brilliant maneuver... to put in rookies. It was a total waste. She set it up perfectly to take down one of the big contenders and instead went for rookies. It made no sense. I wondered if there was some producer involvement on it.

Even if it isn't the show itself scripting stuff, the contestants definitely do to an extent. My brother is borderline obsessed with The Challenge (as well as most reality TV) and reads about/follows all the contestants on social media and whatnot, and for example, Rogan has said that he and Jay basically talked before the season started and devised a plan to fake drama between them so that they could get some more screen time.

I prefer to not be as engaged as my brother so I can just enjoy what they show me rather than reading about all that stuff though.

Lmao did you watch the season where the theme was Vendettas and damn near every episode had multiple people being like "Yep, that person is a vendetta now."
My favorite is when a person makes a stupid move because "I'm not playing your game!"

I at least watched some of it, I can't remember if that was the one I bailed on halfway through. And yes, I do remember that. So funny

My favorite is when a person makes a stupid move because "I'm not playing your game!"

Somewhat related to that (though I guess not this season due to the twist of the rules) how mad people get when they are voted in. Like, someone has to be voted in. They always take it personally.

I at least watched some of it, I can't remember if that was the one I bailed on halfway through. And yes, I do remember that. So funny

Somewhat related to that (though I guess not this season due to the twist of the rules) how mad people get when they are voted in. Like, someone has to be voted in. They always take it personally.
Hey, let's not go on any tangents!

I watched that show when I was in HS but haven’t watched it years. Is Puck still freaking people out? TJ Lavin was outstanding in an bad TV the way.

PUCK!! never thought I’d hear that name referenced again in my life ... don’t forget David , Tamie ,and the country singer dude who was responsible for “styrophoam in the corner “

Just one more thing...
I think you can make an argument that CT rates as one of the most compelling people to have ever appeared on American television.

We've seen the span of his adulthood so far unfold on reality TV. There's nobody else like him. He's matured into an entirely different person from who he was years ago.

If there's ever a general sports HOF, I think he belongs. He's won multiple championships. We've witnessed iconic athletic moments. He has counting stats too, for as weird as the competitions he's been a part of have them. He gets my ballot.

Just one more thing...
I think you can make an argument that CT rates as one of the most compelling people to have ever appeared on American television.

We've seen the span of his adulthood so far unfold on reality TV. There's nobody else like him. He's matured into an entirely different person from who he was years ago.

If there's ever a general sports HOF, I think he belongs. He's won multiple championships. We've witnessed iconic athletic moments. He has counting stats too, for as weird as the competitions he's been a part of have them. He gets my ballot.

Bill Simmons, is that you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom