NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 86 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

My guess was Udonis Haslem, but he came in the league the next year. I swear he's been playing with the Heat for 3 decades.

My guess was Udonis Haslem, but he came in the league the next year. I swear he's been playing with the Heat for 3 decades.
Good guess. I think he is the oldest player now that Vincanity has made it official.

Hadn't heard Gasol was coaching other than his free online academy. Here is a recent article I just found...

This is what I was thinking of. But then it turns out he didnt coach. So, you know

NBA wants Zion in the playoffs.

So can you explain the playoffs. Each team plays these eight games and then sixteen teams moved to the playoffs. Is it then 8 eastern and 8 western play (excluding that 8/9 schtick). I'm confused because there are so many western teams compared to the east.

So can you explain the playoffs. Each team plays these eight games and then sixteen teams moved to the playoffs. Is it then 8 eastern and 8 western play (excluding that 8/9 schtick). I'm confused because there are so many western teams compared to the east.
Top 8 in each conference make the playoffs.

If the team in 9th is within 3 games of the team in 8th then there is a play-in.
Team in 9th has beat the team in 8th 2 times in a row. Team in 8th just needs to win one of two games.

Top 8 in each conference make the playoffs.

If the team in 9th is within 3 games of the team in 8th then there is a play-in.
Team in 9th has beat the team in 8th 2 times in a row. Team in 8th just needs to win one of two games.
So do they all start 0-0 or continue with their existing record?

They continue with their current records. 8 games for each of the 22 teams.
Ok thanks. It will be interesting with rust, injuries and players declining to play. Full rosters will win games.

They continue with their current records. 8 games for each of the 22 teams.
Questions for those who are really following this Are all of the teams that are not playing locked into their respective draft positions? If they are adding to their current records, will the wins and loses impact the "in" teams draft positions?

Questions for those who are really following this Are all of the teams that are not playing locked into their respective draft positions? If they are adding to their current records, will the wins and loses impact the "in" teams draft positions?

As far as I know, they are locked in regardless of how many losses other teams still playing rack up. Of course that doesn’t guarantee them a top pick. Look at the NHL from last night for example. A “playoff” team is getting the top pick.

As far as I know, they are locked in regardless of how many losses other teams still playing rack up. Of course that doesn’t guarantee them a top pick. Look at the NHL from last night for example. A “playoff” team is getting the top pick.
I think that's way more interesting by the way. Adding a top prospect to a team that's already competitive does way more to change the contending set in the league than tilting the odds that the best prospects end up on the worst teams.

I think that's way more interesting by the way. Adding a top prospect to a team that's already competitive does way more to change the contending set in the league than tilting the odds that the best prospects end up on the worst teams.

It’s definitely interesting but only happens when a good team is decimated by injuries(Spurs the year they got Duncan and Warriors this year) or if a team acquires a pick via trade. The NHL is different this year in that there are 24 teams eligible for the top pick rather than 15. There’s a chance a top 10 team gets the top pick on their own without injuries or trades. Just very unusual.

I think it’s a mistake to have the Lakers and Clippers squaring off on re-opening night. Yeah, it will bring ratings, but the players are going to be rusty. Could have made for a more entertaining game later on.

I remember MSG stock on the exchange went sky rocketing up a couple of days into NBA FA. The night before the decision MSG stock was at an all time high.
A lot of people thought the Knicks were the choice.

I think it’s a mistake to have the Lakers and Clippers squaring off on re-opening night. Yeah, it will bring ratings, but the players are going to be rusty. Could have made for a more entertaining game later on.
The product is going to be rusty whoever is playing might as well have the two best playing each other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom