NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Dallas is blowing the rest of the league out of the water in offensive efficiency. 4ppg better per than the Wizards and over 6ppg better than the Rockets and Bucks.

If they could just improve their defense a bit and make it average they could be real threat come playoff time.

It blows my mind the Wiz are #2 in offense. Bertans and Wagner have been amazing,

Now granted, they are #29 in defense.

The Clippers having 30+ Jamal Crawford as the best 6th man in the league and then seeming to seamlessly swap him out for Louie Williams as the new best 6th man in the league at 30+ is really something else. They’re like the same player with a similar career arc.

May be time to retire the Sixth Man Award. Anachronistic. There’s no such animal as a Sixth Man anymore. Hondo’s not walking through that door.

Now, there are second units. Time for a Best Second Unit Award, perhaps?

May be time to retire the Sixth Man Award. Anachronistic. There’s no such animal as a Sixth Man anymore. Hondo’s not walking through that door.

Now, there are second units. Time for a Best Second Unit Award, perhaps?
Clippers would win that, too.

My boy had some fun watching his Kings play against my Celts last night.

IMG_2432.jpg
IMG_2436.jpg

Raptors are now 7-2 since Kyle Lowry and Serge Ibaka were injured. These includes wins at Lakers and last night vs Sixers.

Embiid scored 0 points, on 0-13 shooting, against his father Marc Gasol.

It will be interesting to see how they handle depth when Kyle Lowry and Serge Ibaka come back. Undrafted rookie Terrence Davis has really stepped up, as has undrated second year man Chris boucher, and Rondae Hollis Jefferson who the Nets just discarded.

Also a big contribution from Matt Thomas, who stepped in and shot 54% on 26 three point attempts. He was the best shooter in Europe. He just went down for a month however.

Raptors continued a record (without not meach meaning) by winning their 32nd straight game at home against a divisional opponent. (At 8 games a year, that is about 4 years).

When you dissect it, it is a little less impressive given that at times the Atlantic has been the Titanic Division,
a) about 8 of those wins are against the Knicks, (sorry Knick fans)
b) about 8 of those wins are against the Nets, who have been bad except for being "Decent" last year.
C) The Sixers were still terrible for the half of the streak.

However, the Celtics have been good for 4 years, and the Sixers were at a 50 win level for 5 of those wins.

Withou Kemba and Theis it was a really good win.
Waters had a good game off the bench.

Celtics could have had Jamal Murray or Buddy Hield over Jaylen Brown.
Hield always torches the Celtics.

Wonder what an alternative world looks like where the Heild/Cousins swap never happens.

Raptors continued a record (without not meach meaning) by winning their 32nd straight game at home against a divisional opponent. (At 8 games a year, that is about 4 years).

When you dissect it, it is a little less impressive given that at times the Atlantic has been the Titanic Division,
a) about 8 of those wins are against the Knicks, (sorry Knick fans)
b) about 8 of those wins are against the Nets, who have been bad except for being "Decent" last year.
C) The Sixers were still terrible for the half of the streak.

However, the Celtics have been good for 4 years, and the Sixers were at a 50 win level for 5 of those wins.

It's still pretty impressive. Honestly, even 32 straight home wins over the Knicks would be impressive. 32 is a lot! We do win sometimes!

Nice win for the Clippers over the Mavs tonight, especially being at Dallas. West is really fun, man.

Nice win for the Clippers over the Mavs tonight, especially being at Dallas. West is really fun, man.

How many times have George and Leonard even played together? Tonight shows how potent that duo can be on both ends because somebody dogged Luke into 4-14(0-8) and 7 turnovers.

As for the west...I’m still not sold on the Suns and TWolves. Still expect Portland to make a run. The Spurs though? Can we count them out yet? Hard to be convinced of that after all the history but they’re struggling.

How many times have George and Leonard even played together? Tonight shows how potent that duo can be on both ends because somebody dogged Luke into 4-14(0-8) and 7 turnovers.

As for the west...I’m still not sold on the Suns and TWolves. Still expect Portland to make a run. The Spurs though? Can we count them out yet? Hard to be convinced of that after all the history but they’re struggling.
Four games. All wins. Celtics, Rockets, Pelicans, Mavericks.

Four games. All wins. Celtics, Rockets, Pelicans, Mavericks.

I was going to give this a like for answering my question...but as a Laker fan I don’t actually like what I’m hearing.

First time we saw what that combo is going to be like come playoff time. Beast

I was going to give this a like for answering my question...but as a Laker fan I don’t actually like what I’m hearing.
Leonard & George, potent combo with nice complementary parts. Clippers lookin' good. Long, long, long time till the playoffs, though, but, so far, the Lakers have a fairly formidable 1-2 -- or 1-1A -- duo, too. The Brow's a freak.

I bad to check, Leonard and George have played 94 minutes together (basically 2 games), they're "only" a plus 7 per 100.

It's funny, obviously somewhat small samples and all that, but the Clippers actually have a better offensive rating (barely) when Kawhi sits, though the defense is nearly 8 points per 100 better. My assumption is a lot of the Kawhi sitting minutes have Lou and Harrell together. (Kawhi/Lou/Harrell score 112 per 100 and are a +15 per 100, so, yeah.

The amount of info we have at our fingertips now never ceases to amaze me

I bad to check, Leonard and George have played 94 minutes together (basically 2 games), they're "only" a plus 7 per 100.

It's funny, obviously somewhat small samples and all that, but the Clippers actually have a better offensive rating (barely) when Kawhi sits, though the defense is nearly 8 points per 100 better. My assumption is a lot of the Kawhi sitting minutes have Lou and Harrell together. (Kawhi/Lou/Harrell score 112 per 100 and are a +15 per 100, so, yeah.

The amount of info we have at our fingertips now never ceases to amaze me
Wait, the defense is better without Kawhi?

Wait, the defense is better without Kawhi?

No, I probably phrased it poorly.

The offense is (barely) worse with Kawhi on he floor, but the defense is 8 per 100 better when he plays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom