NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

sort of wish he played in the 4th and tried to force 80..could have easily done it.

I was a huge Wilt fan as a kid, but I'd love to see Harden go for 101 some night. But he'd probably have to play all four quarters. :)

Nice matinee today: Mavs & Lakers in LA. Lakers 6 1/2 favorite, the youngblood, Luca, and OG, LeBron, face off again.

Toronto up 40 against the Jazz at the half... 77-37..

Last edited:
I haven’t heard much noise about it, but Markelle Fultz is developing very nicely.

And the angst of those onion breathed fans may have ruined it from happening anyway, but he’s pretty much exactly the kind of guard Philly needs to round out their roster.

*Still hoping Dion finds his way to Philly and gets to play the spark plug scorer/secondary ball handler role for a contender again, like he did in OKC.

I haven’t heard much noise about it, but Markelle Fultz is developing very nicely.

And the angst of those onion breathed fans may have ruined it from happening anyway, but he’s pretty much exactly the kind of guard Philly needs to round out their roster.

*Still hoping Dion finds his way to Philly and gets to play the spark plug scorer/secondary ball handler role for a contender again, like he did in OKC.

Don't forget the burner accounts of Bryan Colangelo and/or his wife trashing him online while he was on the team.

The Mavs are going to be a tough out in May and the Lakers may get them in the 2nd round.

clips hang 150 on the wiz

the clippers came into the season having scored 150 points in a game only once, back in 1998.

they have done it 2x so far this season

the clippers came into the season having scored 150 points in a game only once, back in 1998.

Attended last night's game, mainly because of the extreme price difference between the Lakers and Clippers tickets. Both played the Wizards and in the door price for the Lakers was $175 when we looked and was $10 for the Clippers. Wow! The bench stood out again for me. Gonna see them again vs the Kings on NYE and hoping the Kings are healthy as their bench is also a strength... either way though, Harrell simply owns the Kings and based on yesterday's performance - he's even more dominant than last year.

Wow, he's shooting nearly 50% from the field!

Still, 8-37 from 3. Yikes. I don't know, the last thing Philly needs is another guard who can't shoot.

Wow, he's shooting nearly 50% from the field!

Still, 8-37 from 3. Yikes. I don't know, the last thing Philly needs is another guard who can't shoot.

80% from the line though, which is a huge improvement. His shot may still come around.

Agreed on the shooting part, but it feels like they could use an athletic guard who can handle the ball and get to the rack too.

Giannis is gonna finish the season shooting below 50% from the free throw line. Yikes.

80% from the line though, which is a huge improvement. His shot may still come around.

Agreed on the shooting part, but it feels like they could use an athletic guard who can handle the ball and get to the rack too.

Yeah I couldn't believe the FT% when I looked at it.

The dude really is super athletic. I really want to know the story with him. Guy like couldnt play the last few years.

The Knicks finding new ways to embarrass themselves. You couldn't just lose by 20?

I don’t think putting 150 on the wiz is going to be a special event this year .. they’re on some mission to give up most points in history

Last edited:
I don’t think putting 150 on the wiz is going to be a special event this year .. they’re on some mission to give up most points on history
clips & rockets are the only teams to score 150 two times
both did it against the wiz & hawks

MVP voting right now?
1. Giannis
2. Luka
3. Harden
4. Bron
5: AD / Siakim

Separately, COY right now?
1. Nurse
2. Spo
3. McMillian
4. Carlisle

I was going to post my own, but I think you nailed it. If I'm nitpicking, I think I might try to make room in the COY ballot for Bud and Stevens this year, but maybe Bud doesn't get credit in year 2 for how much he's helped this team since he already got credit in year 1. Having said that, he does once again have the Bucks looking like the best team in the league, and that's with Wes Matthews starting every game and DiVincenzo starting half of them and Middleton being out for half of them.

Also, after the last two games in which Giannis has put up 55 points and 24 rebounds in 42 minutes, these are his Per 36 numbers:

35 points, 15 rebounds, 6.5 assists, 1.5 steals, 1.5 blocks. And that's while shooting 58% from the FT line this year after being a 74% shooter for his career before this season lol.

Giannis is gonna finish the season shooting below 50% from the free throw line. Yikes.
conversation last night with a Bucks fan regarding would he trade Giannis for Luka. He says "no way", I say "hmmm".

conversation last night with a Bucks fan regarding would he trade Giannis for Luka. He says "no way", I say "hmmm".

It's still no way (assuming we're not factoring in the potential for Giannis to leave in a year) even with his free throw shooting. I love Luka, but Giannis is arguably the best offensive player and best defensive player in the league and he's just about to turn 25. We'll see if Luka can keep it up on the offensive end, but even if he does, he pales in comparison to Giannis defensively and almost certainly always will.

It's still no way (assuming we're not factoring in the potential for Giannis to leave in a year) even with his free throw shooting. I love Luka, but Giannis is arguably the best offensive player and best defensive player in the league and he's just about to turn 25. We'll see if Luka can keep it up on the offensive end, but even if he does, he pales in comparison to Giannis defensively and almost certainly always will.

It's probably only an issue if you think there's a chance Giannis doesn't sign there. Otherwise, as great as Luka is and will be, Giannis is the guy in the league right now I think

Another outstanding night in the NBA. Luca with another ridiculous night, Raptors-Heat go OT, Rockets-Spurs double OT.
And, in the Mile High City, Alex Caruso gets very high.

The legend of Bald Mamba grows. We are all witnesses.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom