NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 114 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

I have to say I was kinda surprised with the east reserves. I thought Middleton was gonna be a lock. Didnt think all of Lavine, Randle, and Vuc would make it. (I also said weeks ago I didnt think Lavine would make it, so; whoops)
Middleton has cooled off a little bit recently but he's had an incredible year. But again, there's so many deserving guys this year so hard to be too mad about it.

This is what I said all along too. Wiseman has been fine for them but man, I really felt like LaMelo fit like a glove in that system and it would have been so much fun to watch him and the Splash Bros whenever Klay got back.

The news of the Klay injury came through the night of the draft too. I wonder if it happened earlier it would've changed the Warriors thinking

I have to say I was kinda surprised with the east reserves. I thought Middleton was gonna be a lock. Didnt think all of Lavine, Randle, and Vuc would make it. (I also said weeks ago I didnt think Lavine would make it, so; whoops)
Who would rather have Marcus Smart or Zach LaVine? I would take LaVine.
Smart is first all defense but LaVine is the better offensive player.

I like Smart, but I think the answer has to be Lavine. No question Celtics miss Smart right now.

Can someone explain to me this topshot nonsense? And why its a thing, and why are people paying money for highlights they can watch on youtube for free?

Another big win for the Jazz over the Hornets with another team record for threes made including Georges Niang who was 7-7 from deep and Joe Ingels who was 7-10. Not bad for two guys coming off the bench.

Next up is the reeling Lakers on Wednesday night. Can Lebron help right the ship. Will he start breaking down trying to shoulder the load all by himself. Just a matter of time before the red hot Suns pass the Lakers in the standings.
Lakers latest in line to fall big to the Jazz. What's up with Kyle Kuzma. He's a no show when they need him the most. Seems like his numbers have gotten worse each year instead of better. If I'm the Lakers do I want to drop to 4th or 5th and have to go Blazers/Jazz/Clippers or try for 2nd or 3rd seed and have to play Clippers in 2nd round. Lots of games left but playoffs are going to be ridiculous.

Lavine is for sure the better offensive player. And Smart is for sure better on defense. (like, duh)

I dunno, Lavine's on/off numbers are so bad for defense; it's almost hard to believe he is that much of a negative on defense, but if he is (like 16 per 100, and the Bulls play better without him) then I guess I'd have to Smart. But i'd be really skeptical he's quite that awful on defense, so I'd likely take him.

Lakers latest in line to fall big to the Jazz. What's up with Kyle Kuzma. He's a no show when they need him the most. Seems like his numbers have gotten worse each year instead of better. If I'm the Lakers do I want to drop to 4th or 5th and have to go Blazers/Jazz/Clippers or try for 2nd or 3rd seed and have to play Clippers in 2nd round. Lots of games left but playoffs are going to be ridiculous.
Little early to assume the Jazz have the top seed locked up, isn’t it?

Lavine is for sure the better offensive player. And Smart is for sure better on defense. (like, duh)

I dunno, Lavine's on/off numbers are so bad for defense; it's almost hard to believe he is that much of a negative on defense, but if he is (like 16 per 100, and the Bulls play better without him) then I guess I'd have to Smart. But i'd be really skeptical he's quite that awful on defense, so I'd likely take him.
He’s also probably off the court when the other team’s best offensive players are off the court

I’m surprised Kyrie doesn’t think he should be the new logo. If the NBA ever replaced Zeke From Cabin Creek, there are other players ahead of Kobe (Kareem, e.g.).

He’s also probably off the court when the other team’s best offensive players are off the court

Not helping his case here!

I’m surprised Kyrie doesn’t think he should be the new logo. If the NBA ever replaced Zeke From Cabin Creek, there are other players ahead of Kobe (Kareem, e.g.).

Possible hot take, but: If you've been arrested and accused of sexaul assault, a sports league probably shouldnt make you their logo

Possible hot take, but: If you've been arrested and accused of s e xaul assault, a sports league probably shouldnt make you their logo
I was going to say the same. If they want to consider Kobe (and I also agree there should be others ahead of him), maybe wait 5 years to see if people still feel the same way about him. At best, he cheated on his wife.

And that’s before we get into the fact that he doesn’t exactly represent team play.

Tons of hoops left to play.

That said, the Jazz have some cushion and supposedly have the easiest second half schedule.

They're also probably more motivated to get the 1 seed than the other West contenders.
It is supposed to be an easy schedule but when you go thru it you know there are no slam dunks. Let's hope they stay healthy and as they say, take it one game at a time.

Tons of hoops left to play.

That said, the Jazz have some cushion and supposedly have the easiest second half schedule.

They're also probably more motivated to get the 1 seed than the other West contenders.

Biggest thing for them is if they can hold the 1, they can likely avoid having to play the Lakers *AND* the Clips if those two hold the 2/3.

But, again, long way to go. Might be totally different at the end of the season.

Biggest thing for them is if they can hold the 1, they can likely avoid having to play the Lakers *AND* the Clips if those two hold the 2/3.

But, again, long way to go. Might be totally different at the end of the season.
Yup.

Wolves get to 10 wins vs Jazz get to 10 losses

WHO YOU GOT?

It's really amazing. You watch him and he's such a beast but still so dang quick.

It's hard to explain because it doesn't totally make sense, its not like he's super tall, he's def got some baby fat on him, but he's just so damn explosive. Probably unlike any player I've ever seen. He just always gets to the rim. I'm not sure the last player I was as convinced would be a star in the NBA as him. Probably Lebron. Maybe Anthony Davis.

There were people, I guess because there always have to be, trying to poke holes in his status as the #1 prospect in the draft before the draft. (Not just Francesa, cause he hardly counts). But it's like; just watch the guy play one game! No one can stop him

I was going to say the same. If they want to consider Kobe (and I also agree there should be others ahead of him), maybe wait 5 years to see if people still feel the same way about him. At best, he cheated on his wife.

And that’s before we get into the fact that he doesn’t exactly represent team play.
Then Jordan is out too, if cheating is a deal breaker. So would Dr. J.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom