NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 115 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

I love Kobe but no. There has to be another way to honor him.
Years and years ago, we thought Dr. J. should have been the logo.
What about a duel logo of Bird and Magic - they were the foundation/springboard for the "new" league.

Obviously infidelity isn't exactly the best trait to have, but (sadly) I wouldn't see that as disqualifying from something like being the logo of the league. Rape though?

Though agreed, we dont really need to change it now anyway

Obviously infidelity isn't exactly the best trait to have, but (sadly) I wouldn't see that as disqualifying from something like being the logo of the league. Rape though?

Though agreed, we dont really need to change it now anyway

Didn't they name the all star mvp after Kobe?

How much do you want to do for a guy that was a great player, but he wasn't even the best player of his time.

AND BRING YOUR BEST ARGUMENTS. I WILL GO TO MY GRAVE THAT TIMMY DUNCAN WAS BETTER THAN KOBE.

th

Didn't they name the all star mvp after Kobe?

How much do you want to do for a guy that was a great player, but he wasn't even the best player of his time.

AND BRING YOUR BEST ARGUMENTS. I WILL GO TO MY GRAVE THAT TIMMY DUNCAN WAS BETTER THAN KOBE.

I didnt realize how much the younger generation (for lack of a better term, the guys like Kyrie's age and younger, I guess) adored Kobe until he died.

It's hard to explain because it doesn't totally make sense, its not like he's super tall, he's def got some baby fat on him, but he's just so damn explosive. Probably unlike any player I've ever seen. He just always gets to the rim. I'm not sure the last player I was as convinced would be a star in the NBA as him. Probably Lebron. Maybe Anthony Davis.

There were people, I guess because there always have to be, trying to poke holes in his status as the #1 prospect in the draft before the draft. (Not just Francesa, cause he hardly counts). But it's like; just watch the guy play one game! No one can stop him
I've watched him play.

I still think his bust potential is really high.

Just don't see that body holding up.

I didn't realize until recently that the NBA has never officially acknowledged that Jerry West is in fact the logo and therefore he has never been compensated for his likeness in that regard.

I didn't realize until recently that the NBA has never officially acknowledged that Jerry West is in fact the logo and therefore he has never been compensated for his likeness in that regard.

Probably another reason they wont be changing to Kobe
I wish we had all the names even though it would be tough with the cluster of datapoints.

Also wish we had the data for the prime Shaq years

I've watched him play.

I love watching Zion, but I'm scared every time he leaps up and lands.

Just going to enjoy it and hope for the best.

Sure seems like he needs to lose a little weight though.

I can't get over this chart. Zion is such an outlier in generating shots at the rim
I would be curious to know what player is the furthest left dot. Maybe someone like Kyle Korver or Matt Novak.

If Utah were to win it all this year (which is very possible) I could totally see Shaq saying "you see? I motivated Donovan Mitchell with my harsh comments." I'm already annoyed by that hypothetical situation.

If Utah were to win it all this year (which is very possible) I could totally see Shaq saying "you see? I motivated Donovan Mitchell with my harsh comments." I'm already annoyed by that hypothetical situation.
I can tell you how it's going to play out.

The Jazz will make the finals and lose to the Nets, so that Harden can push the knife in deeper and twist.

I don't see why we can't keep Jerry West, he was a great player, a great executive and a class act.
I don’t have a problem neither any of them, but the game has evolved. A logo could reflect that.

Who would rather have Marcus Smart or Zach LaVine? I would take LaVine.
Smart is first all defense but LaVine is the better offensive player.

Is that even a serious question? Levine is blossoming into a star

I've watched him play.

Different player, different time, but I would compare him to Barkley and I think there is something about Zion that looks more athletic, as in, he's not carrying bad weight. Barkley had decent longevity considering his weight, and he was pretty explosive early in his career. I think Zion is just different. I think some said similar things about Lebron when he came in the league with his size (for his age). Yes, it is not as good a comp overall, but he has maintained his athleticism through the years. These are probably once a decade players (before that, Karl Malone comes to mind) with huge bodies that perform well beyond what most are able to get from theirs, especially with regards to high level performance and longevity.

It's hard to explain because it doesn't totally make sense, its not like he's super tall, he's def got some baby fat on him, but he's just so damn explosive. Probably unlike any player I've ever seen. He just always gets to the rim. I'm not sure the last player I was as convinced would be a star in the NBA as him. Probably Lebron. Maybe Anthony Davis.

There were people, I guess because there always have to be, trying to poke holes in his status as the #1 prospect in the draft before the draft. (Not just Francesa, cause he hardly counts). But it's like; just watch the guy play one game! No one can stop him

he had a move on Giannis the other night where he just blew by him on the dribble. Clearly it took Giannis by surprise but it was just crazy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom