NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 120 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

The NBA should just have a new draft every summer and play it that way. Everything is about the individual players and there just isn't a concept of team and loyalty anymore. The crappy All Star Pickup game is just a small part of a bigger move to being a bunch of franchises hitting Rucker park every year.

He stands for the anthem because “he respects the military.” Uh huh.

Interested to see how Heat owner Mickey Arison, who is Jewish and was born in Israel, reacts to one of his players dropping a “kike” on Twitch. Man, that’s an old-school anti-Semitic word, I haven’t been called a kike in years.

What level of a moron do you have to be to
-use the slur
-use the slur while live streaming
-use the slur while live streaming as a public figure
-use the slur as a public figure in a league that is very much on the forefront of opposing such bigotry
He's a DB and if he called everyone a DB then he probably wouldn't be in trouble.

Interested to see how Heat owner Mickey Arison, who is Jewish and was born in Israel, reacts to one of his players dropping a “kike” on Twitch. Man, that’s an old-school anti-Semitic word, I haven’t been called a kike in years.

Interested to see how many athletes say a word about this. Betting like the Desean Jackson and Stephen Jackson comments, it'll be very few, if any.

I was raised jewish and of course was affectionately called all the "slurs" and all the connotations about being cheap or whatever growing up. I'm in my 60's now and every blue moon one of my buddies will still breakout one invoking me to break into my Bar Mitzvah fund when it's my turn to buy. Should I really feel insulted? Here some news: people need to grow thicker skin. That said, Meyers Leonard, actually could be a good jewish name, "This is my nephew, Lenny Myers, he is a real mensch. I think your niece would like him. Maybe you should invite him to the seder. I think he pays some kind of token punishment and we move on

So I have Jerami Grant at 42-1 to win most improved player. It’s now...

Grant -210
Randle +440
Wood +600
Jaylen Brown +850

I haven’t followed any of those guys this year. Midway point. Do I hedge with Randle or is Grant a lock?

Grant -210
Randle +440
Wood +600
Jaylen Brown +850

I haven’t followed any of those guys this year. Midway point. Do I hedge with Randle or is Grant a lock?
My take is that Randle is having the better season, but Grant has made the bigger leap in production/role from last year.

Not sure how things typically go for that award, voting wise. But by my definition of “most improved”, I’d vote Grant.

Grant -210
Randle +440
Wood +600
Jaylen Brown +850

I think Grant is pretty likely to win it. But if you have him at 42-1, maybe put some on Randle to hedge a little?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom