NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 122 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

If they gave up something real Bulls fans won’t want GarPax back but will be pissed.

Vucevic is 30 so the Bulls are now older than the Wisconsin Badgers team this season.

I don’t get the Bulls they aren’t competing with the Nets/76ers.

They made a trade to contend now.
Vucevic probably has 2-3 more good years.

Carter is a young stud.

Vucevic could have really helped a contender
For sure.

Orlando's such a weird team. Like, it seems like they should be pretty competitive, especially in the East. But they have a ton of dudes with redundant skills, and for whatever reason, the team always feels like less than the sum of the parts.

I don’t get the Bulls they aren’t competing with the Nets/76ers.

They made a trade to contend now.
Vucevic probably has 2-3 more good years.

Carter is a young stud.
So, with Porter in the deal, maybe they were thinking they wouldn't have much shot to lure a marquee free agent, so they're getting off of Porter's money now to make what basically amounts to a big FA acquisition in Vuc, that also meant losing some draft picks?

Bulls also trying to get Lonzo Ball.
That package would be centered around Coby White.

So, with Porter in the deal, maybe they were thinking they wouldn't have much shot to lure a marquee free agent, so they're getting off of Porter's money now to make what basically amounts to a big FA acquisition in Vuc, that also meant losing some draft picks?
Vuc just makes the Bulls a frisky first round team.
They aren’t getting to the ECF.

I don’t get this trade for what they gave up.

Vuc just makes the Bulls a frisky first round team.
They aren’t getting to the ECF.

I don’t get this trade for what they gave up.
They must be ok with that.

Or feel like maybe it does make them a lot better.

Who knows, I like when stuff moves around.

Bulls got a win now guy. Who by the end of his contract will be 33.

OMG the Magic committed robbery on the Bulls.
I think this is a rare good trade for both sides. Chicago has needed to make a move like this for a long time now. They're almost certainly hoping that LaVine's ascendance and Vucevic being an all-star caliber player will make them a more serious landing spot for free agents than the laughingstock they've been viewed as in year's past.

This deal I don’t mind for a rental.

You can buy back second round picks.

Not a terrible way to use a trade exception.
Yeah I believe it’s only the prorated portion of his salary they are using for the deal. So it won’t be all of the exception.

It will be sad to see Kyle Lowry and Norm Powell almost certainly go today but it has to be done at this point. This team is not a contender, Lowry is a FA, and I think Toronto wants to use their money next year on a big and not Powell.

Tough year for Toronto... knew they would have some fall back from losing Ibaka/Gasol. Baynes was a total dud, especially earlier in the year, and combine that with the Tampa Bay adjustment that nobody else had to deal with the Raps started a brutal 2-8, with a number of close losses after blown double digit leads. They got it back to .500 at 17-17 (beating Brooklyn, Philly, Milwaukee) in games close to the 30 game mark. They also had metrics that made them look better than a .500 team. So while not a top contender by any means, they appeared like a team that could make it to second round (as a 3-5 seed in the weak east) and at least give a good scare to any of the elite teams in losing. At that point they were probably still evaluating whether they should be sellers or try to fix the problem at the 5 (Baynes)

Then Covid hit. Most teams have had a covid impact at some point. A few teams got hit really hard. Toronto was one of the they got hit really hard by Covid with 3/5 of their starters out for a full two weeks (Siakam, FVV, Anunoby) plus one other rotation player. FVV was actually quite sick as well, so their legs were not back into it as a team. Add in the Tampa Bay factor which can't help the team attitude the next thing you know the team is a nine game losing streak and fighting for the qualifying playoff round.

Its time to move forward. Stiffs in the Middle, the "Tampa" factor, Covid losing streak. Probably best to get young assets, miss the playoffs and hope you get lucky in the lotto, and reset while back in Toronto next year.

Carter is a good player but can't stay healthy. Porter is an expiring contract.

Bulls still might trade for Lonzo. Pels want Lauri.

It will be sad to see Kyle Lowry and Norm Powell almost certainly go today but it has to be done at this point. This team is not a contender, Lowry is a FA, and I think Toronto wants to use their money next year on a big and not Powell.

Tough year for Toronto... knew they would have some fall back from losing Ibaka/Gasol. Baynes was a total dud, especially earlier in the year, and combine that with the Tampa Bay adjustment that nobody else had to deal with the Raps started a brutal 2-8, with a number of close losses after blown double digit leads. They got it back to .500 at 17-17 (beating Brooklyn, Philly, Milwaukee) in games close to the 30 game mark. They also had metrics that made them look better than a .500 team. So while not a top contender by any means, they appeared like a team that could make it to second round (as a 3-5 seed in the weak east) and at least give a good scare to any of the elite teams in losing. At that point they were probably still evaluating whether they should be sellers or try to fix the problem at the 5 (Baynes)

Then Covid hit. Most teams have had a covid impact at some point. A few teams got hit really hard. Toronto was one of the they got hit really hard by Covid with 3/5 of their starters out for a full two weeks (Siakam, FVV, Anunoby) plus one other rotation player. FVV was actually quite sick as well, so their legs were not back into it as a team. Add in the Tampa Bay factor which can't help the team attitude the next thing you know the team is a nine game losing streak and fighting for the qualifying playoff round.

Its time to move forward. Stiffs in the Middle, the "Tampa" factor, Covid losing streak. Probably best to get young assets, miss the playoffs and hope you get lucky in the lotto, and reset while back in Toronto next year.

I'm nervous to see where Lowry and Powell end up.

I'm nervous to see where Lowry and Powell end up.

Seems like Lowry will end up most likely in Philly or Miami. The two LA teams are also interested. I think Lowry would like to have went to the Clippers and they probably would comply with his extension request, but the Raptors probably have little interest in what the Clips can offer.

Watch the Lakers get them for KCP pupu platter.
I would have to think if the Lakers end up with Lowry, his market was a lot weaker than people currently expect. Philly should be able to beat any Lakers offer if they're truly interested in Lowry. Likewise with Miami.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom