NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 135 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Ha! Thing is those Knicks were good and talented. They just were following the Pistons blueprint and playing within the rules/style at the time. Those games and series’s were hard fought and intense.

But yeah, it was an ugly game. People’s weird comments about physicality can be pretty annoying though.

It's incredible to think that team started Charles Smith (6-10, 230) at small forward!

It's incredible to think that team started Charles Smith (6-10, 230) at small forward!

Always thought he was the one weam link on those 3 mid-nineties teams. They needed another wing to take pressure off Starks.

Pay a million bucks to be able to go to 1st Wiz game of the year with fans to see Steph and he"s got the least points of all starters at the half and 0 3s. Lil man got to meet Paige Bueckers and Azzi Fudd walking in though.
Haha. He's off so far. Not surprising. He will have these games when he has to do so much. It's shocking it has not happened more often to be honest.

Pay a million bucks to be able to go to 1st Wiz game of the year with fans to see Steph and he"s got the least points of all starters at the half and 0 3s. Lil man got to meet Paige Bueckers and Azzi Fudd walking in though.
That’s pretty cool that he got to meet them & I’m sure he’ll be interested to follow them at UConn. They have the potential to become the best backcourt tandem WCBB has ever seen. Did you happen to notice if Azzi was still wearing the walking boot?

Watched the 77 Finals on TV last night. Walton and the Blazers vs a stacked Dr J team. Portland played a fun style, but watching the guys who played compared to today's athletes...crazy.
But for the injuries, Walton may have been the best player ever, or on the short list: scoring, passing, rebounding, defense and just knowing how to play the game.

That’s pretty cool that he got to meet them & I’m sure he’ll be interested to follow them at UConn. They have the potential to become the best backcourt tandem WCBB has ever seen. Did you happen to notice if Azzi was still wearing the walking boot?
No boot that I noticed.
Resized_20210421_184220.jpeg

About 5 different guys have got injured in this Knicks/Hawks game including Trae Young who left with a nasty ankle sprain.

Random fact: in 2004, only two NBA teams averaged more than 100 ppg: Dallas (105.2) and Sacramento (102.8).

This year, the lowest scoring team in the league is Cleveland at 104.

Random fact: in 2004, only two NBA teams averaged more than 100 ppg: Dallas (105.2) and Sacramento (102.8).

This year, the lowest scoring team in the league is Cleveland at 104.

On a similar note, here is one I love (and have probably used before)

The 2005 Suns, the seven seconds or less (i just realized now it should be 7 seconds or fewer, I think) which revolutionized the game by pushing the pace, averaged 95.9 possessions per game. That was 5% higher than league average (90.9).

This season, the Knicks are last in the league in possessions per game. They clock in at 96.1, or just barely more than the Suns. Pretty unreal

The 2005 Suns, the seven seconds or less (i just realized now it should be 7 seconds or fewer, I think) which revolutionized the game by pushing the pace, averaged 95.9 possessions per game. That was 5% higher than league average (90.9).

This season, the Knicks are last in the league in possessions per game. They clock in at 96.1, or just barely more than the Suns. Pretty unreal
Correct: 7 seconds or fewer. Fairly straightforward rule: if dealing with discrete units, use fewer. Mass, or something not 'countable' (e.g., sugar) use less.

You might also consider using 'higher' in place of more, given that seconds are quantifiable... but I'm on the cusp of providing prescriptive grammar counsel here, so do as you please!

The NBA rule changes have added more possessions as well.
The clock only recycling to 14 after a first shot has helped.

But the league as a whole has become offense first after those Heat-Knicks series in 90s were eye sores.

He did have a moronic tweet which was deleted but that bar is funny. Expelled from the league?
The stupid rate in this country is exploding.
LeBron made a mistake. He gets the benefit of the doubt from on this one.
When it’s something I will never experience I can’t get upset with emotions. This is coming from a Celtics fan who has rooted against him a lot.

Morons in this country want attention.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom