NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 134 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

I think you mean Iguadola?

Both teams had injuries in that series, Paul was a bigger loss but Iggy did miss more games. The 2018 Rockets pushed the Durant Warriors (my pick for best team ever) harder than any other team. That is pretty impressive.
You’re right and
Iggy only played in 3 games that series.

I think you mean Iguadola?

Both teams had injuries in that series, Paul was a bigger loss but Iggy did miss more games. The 2018 Rockets pushed the Durant Warriors (my pick for best team ever) harder than any other team. That is pretty impressive.
Wow, best ever? I am sure you have some stats to back that up as you often do. I have NBA friends (only around my age, 30-33) who are big time 90s guys. You know... the physicality, and all that.

Wow, best ever? I am sure you have some stats to back that up as you often do. I have NBA friends (only around my age, 30-33) who are big time 90s guys. You know... the physicality, and all that.

Obviously it's hard to compare across all eras and stuff like that. I do think basically the players are constantly getting better, so generally the players now are better than the players 20 years ago, who were better than the players 20 years before that, etc. Doesn't mean the best team now has to be better than the best team in the past. But it helps.

Also, like. The 2015 and 2016 Warriors averaged 70 wins over 2 seasons, won one title and lost another in Game 7 to the best player of all time. And then they basically traded Harrison Barnes for Kevin Durant. In 2017, they were literally one game away from sweeping the playoffs! 13 of their 16 playoff wins were by double digits

Another crazy Warriors stat.

In the 2017 and 2018, they went 32-6 in the playoffs. (!) The Rockets took them to 7, so they were 4-3 against the Rockets in that series (duh). meaning against everyone other than the Rockets, they were 28-3. In the playoffs! Against good teams!! 2 of those other 3 losses were when they already had a 3-0 lead. The other was with a 2-0 lead.

Really puts in perspective how impressive it was for Houston to even push them to 7 games

Steph's combination of three point percentage and total made is ridiculous.

He will easily be first all time in made three pointers, unless Harden/Klay end up playing more years for some reason. And he is 6th all time in 3 point percentage.

It is very tough to say anyone can rival him for best 3 point shooter all time. Kerr has the highest percentage, but only around 200th in total made. Allen/Reggie are in the 50-100 range for percentage

One interesting wild card is Drazen Petrovich. Third all time in percentage, and was scoring over 20 ppg until his tragic accident. Give him a full career and the stats could be been great. Not to mention he played a few years of his prime in Europe

Anyway, this is simply a rambling post agreeing Steph is amazing

That's gross. I've never seen him in person before tonight so hoping he has another game with 10+ as has been the norm the past few weeks.
I personally think a made 3 pointer is one of the most exciting play in sports. Even than a home run and maybe even with a pick six.

I enjoy watching Kevin Huerter play but his former Shen teammate will be on the mound vs the Bombers tonight.

So you’re saying another game with 3 runs or less for the Yankees? I‘ll pass.

Frankly think the 90s were one of the worst eras style of play wise. The physicality allowed was dumb. The Pistons and later Knicks, Heat, etc. goon ball was dumb.

Talent wise, it was a fine era. I’ll take the 80s and the first half of the 10s as better eras for NBA b-ball anyday, style of play wise.

Frankly think the 90s were one of the worst eras style of play wise. The physicality allowed was dumb. The Pistons and later Knicks, Heat, etc. goon ball was dumb.

Talent wise, it was a fine era. I’ll take the 80s and the first half of the 10s as better eras for NBA b-ball anyday, style of play wise.
I wish there was some sort of meshing of then and now, maybe the early part of the 10s was that time. Watching teams with 2 guys in the post do work and put up 85 ppg was awful but watching 50 3pa is awful to me as well.

I wish there was some sort of meshing of then and now, maybe the early part of the 10s was that time. Watching teams with 2 guys in the post do work and put up 85 ppg was awful but watching 50 3pa is awful to me as well.
Agreed. And yeah, I liked the balance of the early 00s. That one Heat-Spurs final might be the best basketball I’ve ever watched.

I think the 90s had a lot of very balanced basketball players. You had guards like Penny, Payton, Pippen, Steve Smith, Drexler, obviously Jordan, who could do everything from shoot to post up, handle, pass, etc. You had big forwards with guard skills like Webber, Coleman, Detlef, etc. And I’ve said this before but I think a lot of the good, but not great guards like Van Exel, Price(actually he was pretty great), Abdul-Rauf would be like 20-25 ppg type guys in today’s game.

There was too much dumping it into the post to the Elden Campbell’s and Hot Rod Williams’s of the league, and that paint was more crowded because of it. But mainly the physicality that was allowed for a few years was pretty crazy.

Agreed. And yeah, I liked the balance of the early 00s. That one Heat-Spurs final might be the best basketball I’ve ever watched.

I think the 90s had a lot of very balanced basketball players. You had guards like Penny, Payton, Pippen, Steve Smith, Drexler, obviously Jordan, who could do everything from shoot to post up, handle, pass, etc. You had big forwards with guard skills like Webber, Coleman, Detlef, etc. And I’ve said this before but I think a lot of the good, but not great guards like Van Exel, Price(actually he was pretty great), Abdul-Rauf would be like 20-25 ppg type guys in today’s game.

There was too much dumping it into the post to the Elden Campbell’s and Hot Rod Williams’s of the league, and that paint was more crowded because of it. But mainly the physicality that was allowed for a few years was pretty crazy.
Watched the 77 Finals on TV last night. Walton and the Blazers vs a stacked Dr J team. Portland played a fun style, but watching the guys who played compared to today's athletes...crazy.

Abdul-Rauf was one of my favorite players in the league for a minute. His last year in Denver he put up numbers that were similar to today. 39% from 3 on over 5 attempts, 93% from the line, 7 dimes.

Abdul-Rauf was one of my favorite players in the league for a minute. His last year in Denver he put up numbers that were similar to today. 39% from 3 on over 5 attempts, 93% from the line, 7 dimes.
Yup. Let that guy take 10-12 3’s a game, with a wide open paint, and defenders not allowed to touch him (he was slightly built), and he’d kill it. Guy was very skilled.

I grew up then, (and the Knicks were good!) so I had nothing else to compare it to, so I thought it was awesome. Looking back; yeesh.

I grew up then, (and the Knicks were good!) so I had nothing else to compare it to, so I thought it was awesome. Looking back; yeesh.
Ha! Thing is those Knicks were good and talented. They just were following the Pistons blueprint and playing within the rules/style at the time. Those games and series’s were hard fought and intense.

But yeah, it was an ugly game. People’s weird comments about physicality can be pretty annoying though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom