NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 133 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

What an incredible two year turnaround by Phoenix. They went an abysmal 19-63 in 2018-19 and have the second best record in the league right now.
Phoenix went 8-0 in the bubble.
So they were goong to be solid this year and Chris Paul all he does is win.

Phoenix went 8-0 in the bubble.
So they were goong to be solid this year and Chris Paul all he does is win.
That would be a good thread topic — most underrated NBA players of all time. I would have Paul on the list along with guys like Elvin Hayes, Elgin Baylor, Bob Pettit and a handful of others.

Chris Paul is the best point guard since Isiah Thomas. If he’s on your team, you’re going to be really good.
And yet no titles. Which just shows not all elite players win. There are many factors involved and honestly, always some luck.

And yet no titles. Which just shows not all elite players win. There are many factors involved and honestly, always some luck.
Yup. If he doesn’t get hurt against GS a few years ago, I think he’s got a title. Definitely some luck involved.

Crazy Brad turned down 7 for 70 mil from Indiana wow. Don’t blame him though

Crazy Brad turned down 7 for 70 mil from Indiana wow. Don’t blame him though
He signed a 5 year extension last August with Boston. 7-70 isn’t that much better to basically kill your NBA future.
He couldn’t leave mid season.

Chris Paul is the best point guard since Isiah Thomas. If he’s on your team, you’re going to be really good.
You’re also going to bow out of the postseason early.

Yup. If he doesn’t get hurt against GS a few years ago, I think he’s got a title. Definitely some luck involved.
He seems to get hurt during the playoffs every other year.

That would be a good thread topic — most underrated NBA players of all time. I would have Paul on the list along with guys like Elvin Hayes, Elgin Baylor, Bob Pettit and a handful of others.
Melo

Steph Curry last 5 games:

49 points, 10 threes
47 points, 11 threes
33 points, 4 threes
42 points, 11 threes
53 points, 10 threes

No one is NBA history has made more threes (46) in a 5 game stretch.
I don't know why this popped in my head but I wonder how many guys have never made 46 3s in a season?

Gobert just had a block that basically told Drummond "I'm better than you at basketball," and huge props to Drummond, he went right back at Gobert for a tough bucket and a foul. Fun sequence.

Steph Curry last 5 games:

49 points, 10 threes
47 points, 11 threes
33 points, 4 threes
42 points, 11 threes
53 points, 10 threes

No one is NBA history has made more threes (46) in a 5 game stretch.
What’s with the pedestrian numbers in the third game?

Curry had 49 tonight and 10 more threes. Seriously. He's made 46 in 5 games. It's impossible to understand, really.

To combine that with the post above you; how about Steph for most underrated player? I'm only half joking

I hate that narrative. If Shaun Livingston didn't get hurt, GS wins that series easily. Even Kerr, who is s straight shooter, said GS would have won in 5 with Livingston.

I hate that narrative. If Shaun Livingston didn't get hurt, GS wins that series easily. Even Kerr, who is s straight shooter, said GS would have won in 5 with Livingston.

I think you mean Iguadola?

Both teams had injuries in that series, Paul was a bigger loss but Iggy did miss more games. The 2018 Rockets pushed the Durant Warriors (my pick for best team ever) harder than any other team. That is pretty impressive.

Was able to snag a pair of tickets during the Wizards presale yesterday for the Warriors game here tomorrow. 1st game allowing fans back in the arena. Step-son's favorite player has always been Steph so he's out of his mind excited. I'm probably equally excited given the run that he has been on. Just need downtown DC to not become a disaster zone if this verdict goes bad in the next few hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom