NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 139 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

The rebounding stat padding he does is a bit much.

Yeah started with OKC I remember, they let him get every missed FT. It's not a terrible idea to have him start with the ball and push upcourt, but I still hear you

Huge career night 48 points for Bojan Bogdanovic last night as the Jazz still missing Mitchell and Conley won their fourth straight to maintain 1st place. Curious what happened to the Knicks as they got decimated in the 4th quarter by Phoenix who are staying close to Utah.

SMH. The Shaq disrespect is one thing, the Lamar Odom is another. And the Wilt and Elgin? Cmon.

At least they got my guys Nick and Eddie on there.(the no ringzzzzz people can suck it. Watch the games.)

SMH. The Shaq disrespect is one thing, the Lamar Odom is another. And the Wilt and Elgin? Cmon.

At least they got my guys Nick and Eddie on there.(the no ringzzzzz people can suck it. Watch the games.)

Not sure why you are so upset by this to be honest. Not everyone can be tier 1. The tier 1 seem to be the stars with Laker longevity which makes sense.

Shaq played 8 years with the Lakers which is quite a bit less than the tier 1 guys.

Wilt is a legend. But he played his last 5 years, declining years, with the Lakers. Could certainly see why he is a tier below Shaq for example.

Not sure why you are so upset by this to be honest. Not everyone can be tier 1. The tier 1 seem to be the stars with Laker longevity which makes sense.

Shaq played 8 years with the Lakers which is quite a bit less than the tier 1 guys.

Wilt is a legend. But he played his last 5 years, declining years, with the Lakers. Could certainly see why he is a tier below Shaq for example.
Shaq spearheaded a 3 peat! He’s tier 1.

If we can’t put all of the “big 7” on tier 1, then Wilt and Elgin are certainly tier 2.

I can’t believe how they didn’t even put Odom on there though. Wrong.

And I hate to be this guy, but as a Laker, LeBron is tier 3 right now. Pau is also tier 3.

Bump Byron up to tier 4 too.

If we can’t put all of the “big 7” on tier 1, then Wilt and Elgin are certainly tier 2.

And I hate to be this guy, but as a Laker, LeBron is tier 3 right now. Pau is also tier 3.

LeBron sure seems to be getting a lot of credit over Ant Davis for leading the Lakers to missing the playoffs that one season.

Jazz are first to 50 wins.

Not bad in a 72 game season.

LeBron sure seems to be getting a lot of credit over Ant Davis for leading the Lakers to missing the playoffs that one season.
They can be separated by 1 tier and it’s reasonable. Not 3 tiers though. That’s crazy. That’s people just looking at names and clout and not actually thinking or watching the games.

They can be separated by 1 tier and it’s reasonable. Not 3 tiers though. That’s crazy. That’s people just looking at names and clout and not actually thinking or watching the games.
Yeah, James 3 and Davis 4 seems about right.

Yeah, James 3 and Davis 4 seems about right.
That’s what I would do. Davis led the team in ppg, rpg, bpg, and spg in the regular season last year.

And while LeBron was the clear playoff MVP, Davis averaged 27.7 ppg, 9.7 rpg, and hit an absolutely massive game winning 3 in the WCF.

I’m not sure there’s ever been a more disgraceful tanking than what OKC is doing this year.

*SGA was on my fantasy team this year and they shut him down a long time ago. I’m in the finals this week and with my guard situation a disaster(thanks SGA and then Fox and Schroder both getting COVID), I stumbled upon a Ty Jerome pickup and monstrous game the other night. So of course OKC benched him for tonight. Pure garbage. Imagine benching TY JEROME because he played too well. Cowards. I hope they get the lowest pick possible.

I’m not sure there’s ever been a more disgraceful tanking than what OKC is doing this year.

*SGA was on my fantasy team this year and they shut him down a long time ago. I’m in the finals this week and with my guard situation a disaster(thanks SGA and then Fox and Schroder both getting COVID), I stumbled upon a Ty Jerome pickup and monstrous game the other night. So of course OKC benched him for tonight. Pure garbage. Imagine benching TY JEROME because he played too well. Cowards. I hope they get the lowest pick possible.

I watch a lot of ball at all levels and I only really know 3-4 guys they threw out there last night. There’s G league teams that could have given the Warriors a better game last night.

I watch a lot of ball at all levels and I only really know 3-4 guys they threw out there last night. There’s G league teams that could have given the Warriors a better game last night.
To a point, I can understand sitting established veteran stars out in meaningless late season games, in order to play your young guys more and see what they’ve got.

But when you start sitting out the young guys who are trying to prove themselves and stick because they’re playing well...that’s taking it way too far.

Seems timely.

You can't have everyone in top tier even if they are all elite -- or even tier 2. That is not insulting all time greats. I am a Montreal Canadiens fan with 24 cups so it has a similar history (at least pre 1980) as the Lakers. I would probably go with Rocket Richard and Jean Beliveau as the top tier. Lafleur, Plante, Harvey, Morenz, Roy (need somthing semi-modern), Dryden, Moore. They were all greats but they are not at the level of those 2, and some of them are ultimately going to be tier 3. Sort of like Chamberlain.

Johnson, Bryant, and Jabbar are a separate class due to titles and longevity.

O'Neal is sort of stuck in the middle in my view. Almost a tier by himself. He is not at the level of the big 3, but he is well above the others in tier 2 and tier 3 (and certainly Lebron) in terms of impact and longevity.

So I suppose the argument can be that the gap between him and the "Big 3" is much less than the gap between him and the others in tier 2/tier 3, and for that reason he gets placed in tier 1.

Lebron does seem to be the one inconsistent on the list since it appears the tiers otherwise are based on performance + longevity.

Last edited:

Toronto has certainly stretched injuries and had rest periods since the trade deadline, although not nearly as bad as other teams. Anunoby / Trent / Lowry. Boucher is legit long term injury.

They have still had at least 2 of their starters in basically every game and actually upgraded the center position by sitting the human tank Aaron Baynes (aka worst center in NBA history) and bringing in Khem Birch.

What is odd though is that the NBA essentially fined the Raptors for the resting -- didn't here them doing that to other teams.

The one player they have rested the most if Kyle Lowry, who plays about a 1/3 of the games. As an aside the 76ers (Morey) are really going to regret lowballing the Raptors for him after the other teams (Heat / Lakers) dropped out of the trade discussions. If Morey had simply offered a first+Maxey it would be done -- it has been speculated he offered only 1 piece or even only multiple second rounders. At one point the discussion was whether it should be 2 or 3 pieces.

I suppose Masai + Morey are both to blame for not getting a deal that seemed fairly easy to do given the Sixers salary fillers. But the 76ers are going to regret it more since they are the one in position to win the NBA title this year.

Russ with 14 pts, 21 rebs, 24 assists last night. Only player in league history with multiple 20/20 games like that. He's such a unique player.
The way they do assists now is crazy. Second to last guy to touch the ball before the shot gets an assist. Saw one of his “assists” on SC. Gave it to it to Beal from about 10’ away. He then took 2 dribbles, then went by his defender, then scored.
Westbrook literally had nothing to do with the basket being scored.

Last edited:
Playoff picture prior to today's games. Will be interesting how teams will react sitting out a few days waiting on the play in tournament.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1620603119965.jpg
    FB_IMG_1620603119965.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 49
Not a basketball play.
It's weird how the Suns got crushed for taking Ayton over Doncic. Ten years from now they might deservedly be right for getting crushef but so far the Ayton pick is working for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom