NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 141 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

I trust them more now that Doc is their coach.

They’re still missing a guard that can take over the game and get a bucket when needed. I’m not even necessarily talking about a star like a Dame or something. Even like a prime Lou Williams or a 2021 Jordan Clarkson would do.

Shake Milton is decent and could eventually get there but he’s not it yet.
Yeah, you can count on his teams winning three games in a series.

Spurs looking like the 96 Bulls against the Knicks right now. Pretty sure they started the third quarter 13-13 from the field. Ridiculous.

Spurs looking like the 96 Bulls against the Knicks right now. Pretty sure they started the third quarter 13-13 from the field. Ridiculous.
But yet...

GO NEW YORK, GO NEW YORK, GO!!!!

But yet...

GO NEW YORK, GO NEW YORK, GO!!!!
Great comeback! Would be nice for the Heat to lose a game. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Bucks lay down to them on Saturday to avoid playing them in the 1st round.

This Suns Blazers game has been a blast to watch. Dame is something else. Melo a little sore it looks tonight and off sitting most of the 4th

Great comeback! Would be nice for the Heat to lose a game. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Bucks lay down to them on Saturday to avoid playing them in the 1st round.

We'll see how it plays out; right now the Bucks are a game behind Brooklyn (with the tiebreaker) for the 2 seed. Getting the 2 seed gives you the winner of the play in (Boston? Charlotte?) instead of the 6, which seems like a real advantage to me. I am biased towards wanting this to happen, but I think the Bucks are going to try and beat Miami tomorrow night

We'll see how it plays out; right now the Bucks are a game behind Brooklyn (with the tiebreaker) for the 2 seed. Getting the 2 seed gives you the winner of the play in (Boston? Charlotte?) instead of the 6, which seems like a real advantage to me. I am biased towards wanting this to happen, but I think the Bucks are going to try and beat Miami tomorrow night

Yup and the Bucks hold the tiebreaker over the Nets, I believe. Meaning tomorrow night’s game will carry weight for them regardless of what the Nets do earlier in the day.

To avoid play in game Lakers need to go 2-0 at Indy and NO and Portland needs to lose last game vs. Nuggets. Perusing the West standings Denver sits at #4 a game behind #3 LAC. I don't see much difference in potential matchups for Denver for them to care about Sunday's game, so they're likely sitting everyone giving the game to Portland. The Lakers will likely be in the play in game even if they go 2-0 this weekend.

To avoid play in game Lakers need to go 2-0 at Indy and NO and Portland needs to lose last game vs. Nuggets. Perusing the West standings Denver sits at #4 a game behind #3 LAC. I don't see much difference in potential matchups for Denver for them to care about Sunday's game, so they're likely sitting everyone giving the game to Portland. The Lakers will likely be in the play in game even if they go 2-0 this weekend.
I’m ok with it. The Suns are looking like BBQ chicken for us.

Id rather play them than the Clips in round 1.

1621051806482.png

On the night Russ breaks the Big O's triple double record...

I know Westbrook gets a lot of heat for his play from some fans, but check this stat out...

Westbrook's teams are 136-46 lifetime when he triple-doubles ... for a winning percentage of .747.
I wonder what the records of those teams were?

I trust them more now that Doc is their coach.

They’re still missing a guard that can take over the game and get a bucket when needed. I’m not even necessarily talking about a star like a Dame or something. Even like a prime Lou Williams or a 2021 Jordan Clarkson would do.

Shake Milton is decent and could eventually get there but he’s not it yet.

like a Kyle Lowry.
That trade was right there for the sixers to make with little competition, but instead of making a fair offer, Morey tried to chicken poop the offer when the Heat and Lakers dropped out hoping Masai would take multiple seconds. Just give up Green, Maxey and a late first and it was done.
Sixers will regret not doing that deal IMO.

Masai/morey are both veterans. They have to find a way to get a fair deal done that would help both teams. They both deserve criticism — Raptors sitting Lowry for most of post trade deadline made sense tank wise, but it also suggests you had to get a deal done at the deadline rather than lose him for no purpose.

Still lots at stake on the last day of the NBA regular season. Adding more teams to compete for the playoffs looks like a huge win for more competitive games and less tanking.
I believe it’s now impossible for there to be a Battle of Los Angeles in the first round.

The Artist absolutely makes a relevant point in global contexts, but given the backdrop of the playoffs about to start, I'm not sure this is what you envision from one of the big three you put together as a franchise.

I’m ok with it. The Suns are looking like BBQ chicken for us.

Id rather play them than the Clips in round 1.
And I’ll always relish the opportunity to beat The leader of the fraud lob city clipper teams

Here's what I've learned living near paranoid Jazz fans -

The NBA wants large market teams with big stars to appear in the Finals, and while they won't overtly give the word, the officiating will favor them so they go longer in the playoffs and boost TV money.

So, if you are a fan of a team in a smaller market (Milwaukee/Utah/Phoenix/Denver etc.) the best thing for your team is if the large market, star-laden teams have to eliminate each other in the early rounds.

But because that's not what the NBA wants, those matchups are unlikely to happen.

Still lots at stake on the last day of the NBA regular season. Adding more teams to compete for the playoffs looks like a huge win for more competitive games and less tanking.
Booker and Paul not playing today even though the Suns need to win for any chance at first. Unless they are injured it's hard to understand the reasoning.

Booker and Paul not playing today even though the Suns need to win for any chance at first. Unless they are injured it's hard to understand the reasoning.
They might be thinking their game outcome is irrelevant with the King's sitting all their talent against the Jazz later.

Here's what I've learned living near paranoid Jazz fans -

The NBA wants large market teams with big stars to appear in the Finals, and while they won't overtly give the word, the officiating will favor them so they go longer in the playoffs and boost TV money.

So, if you are a fan of a team in a smaller market (Milwaukee/Utah/Phoenix/Denver etc.) the best thing for your team is if the large market, star-laden teams have to eliminate each other in the early rounds.

But because that's not what the NBA wants, those matchups are unlikely to happen.
One can’t help but wonder how they let the large market Knicks languish for so long, and how were the Warriors one of the worst franchises in the league...until they weren’t.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom