NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 140 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

It's weird how the Suns got crushed for taking Ayton over Doncic. Ten years from now they might deservedly be right for getting crushef but so far the Ayton pick is working for them.
They were kind of the only team that could take Ayton over Luka and have the pick make sense.

Still think they should have grabbed Luka though.

There is no one that will look good not picking Luka that had the chance.

He's about to make his second 1st Team All NBA with the second best player being maybe KP (who can't stay healthy), maybe THJr.

It was bad at the time and it's even worse now.

Ayton is a solid player but Luka is an all NBA guy. its not even close

"But can he do it against D1 players" is my absolute favorite from that time.

Dude was like in the womb winning Euroleague MVP against grown men and doing things that had never been done at his age and people were really like, "but could he handle Duke".

LOL.

I've said this before, but it's amazing some of the games the warriors have blown this year. They were up 16 with 6:30 left in this one, fell behind with under 30 left and now up 1 after a Curry 3. Jazz with a chance to win it.

Just crazy how they lose some of these ones. At least 3-4 this year, which is important for a team right at that cut line.

Came across this from a couple days ago...

Steph Curry is only 80 three-pointers behind Ray Allen's career record (including playoffs).

Curry has played 600 fewer games than Allen.

Also, Steph Curry could miss his next 550 threes and still have a higher 3PT percentage than Ray Allen, combining regular season & playoff numbers for both.

I can’t help but think of Dion and what he coulda been when I watch the Lakers’ Talen Horton-Tucker, a 20-year-old, second-round draft pick and G-League grad. Talen has his sloppy moments — 7 turnovers tonight — but he’s legit, looks like he may be a keeper.

tough loss. Knicks had that one. Some poor execution late.

Yeah. That’s a tough one. Need one win or a Celtics loss to lock up a top 6 seed. Going to be difficult for them to get into the 4-5 game now though.

4/5 vs the Hawks is absolutely ideal. Playing the Heat in that game would be tough. And playing the Bucks in the 3/6, even harder.
Knicks/Hawks would have high entertainment value for me so that’s what I’m hoping for. Tired of the same old teams.

Yeah... but I think Miami is much better.
Agreed. And as an NBA fan in general I’d like a guarantee that either the Knicks or the Hawks make the second round. It’s nice when you get a new team emerging into the thick of things. Spices things up.

Like, I’d LOVE to see a Knicks-Sixers second round series.

Agreed. And as an NBA fan in general I’d like a guarantee that either the Knicks or the Hawks make the second round. It’s nice when you get a new team emerging into the thick of things. Spices things up.

Like, I’d LOVE to see a Knicks-Sixers second round series.
I don’t trust Philly in the playoffs.
The only East team that can stop the Nets is Milwaukee and Milwaukee needs home court.

I don’t trust Philly in the playoffs.
The only East team that can stop the Nets is Milwaukee and Milwaukee needs home court.
I trust them more now that Doc is their coach.

They’re still missing a guard that can take over the game and get a bucket when needed. I’m not even necessarily talking about a star like a Dame or something. Even like a prime Lou Williams or a 2021 Jordan Clarkson would do.

Shake Milton is decent and could eventually get there but he’s not it yet.

4/5 vs the Hawks is absolutely ideal. Playing the Heat in that game would be tough. And playing the Bucks in the 3/6, even harder.

Three games left for each team. Hawks play the Wizards, Magic and Rockets. Heat play the Sixers, Bucks and Pistons. Knicks play the Spurs, Hornets and Celtics.

Hawks have the easiest remaining schedule. Don’t see them falling from the 4/5 spot. I think it comes down to the Knicks and Heat for the 5 seed and might depend on if the Sixers and Bucks are playing at full strength or not. Would also love to see Knicks-Hawks first round.

We had Wes Matthews and THT...didn’t need him!

So refreshing to see/hear fans again.

I am sure glad i went to bed at halftime!

Three games left for each team. Hawks play the Wizards, Magic and Rockets. Heat play the Sixers, Bucks and Pistons. Knicks play the Spurs, Hornets and Celtics.

Hawks have the easiest remaining schedule. Don’t see them falling from the 4/5 spot. I think it comes down to the Knicks and Heat for the 5 seed and might depend on if the Sixers and Bucks are playing at full strength or not. Would also love to see Knicks-Hawks first round.

Miami has been red hot, and that is a killer, because I have been eyeing that 4/5 series for weeks. It's such a better spot than being 6 (duh). Hopefully Philly and the Bucks play hard this last week, because the Knicks lose all tiebreakers involved with Miami

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom