NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 158 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

He was a bad hire, so I guess the silver lining is he’ll get canned.
I’m curious to see what happens there because as of like a week ago, Woj was reporting that Kawhi absolutely loves Lue and the hire couldn’t have worked out better lol

As good as Luka is, Dallas really needs to get him a better #2 than always underwhelming Porzingis.

As it stands, I’d probably say Tim Hardaway Jr is their second best player.
Yeah, it’s why I think the Clippers still have a decent chance of winning this series. Dallas is just way too over-reliant on Luka. It’ll be interesting to see what they do this offseason with all their cap space. Pretty weak FA class assuming Kawhi stays but this is their last big chance before they have to start paying Luka if I remember right.

I’m curious to see what happens there because as of like a week ago, Woj was reporting that Kawhi absolutely loves Lue and the hire couldn’t have worked out better lol
Yeah, because the playoffs had not started yet, LOL. Leonard probably leaves if they don’t win this series anyway. Last night was a good response, both in terms of the series and the game itself. The defense still looks like garbage, though.

Why don’t the Clippers stop trapping and just put Kawhi on Luka? He’s like the best defender in the history of the world right? Take the challenge and lock him up.

Par for the course of a team talking all kinds of trash about taking over LA then actively avoiding the Lakers in the bracket

Par for the course of a team talking all kinds of trash about taking over LA then actively avoiding the Lakers in the bracket
You sure that wasn’t ESPN again?

Probably the peak of the season for the Bucks, but a fun series nonetheless.

I feel like Hubie Brown has been 80 years old for the past 25 years.

I was going to make a post in the “H0T Takes” thread about how “middle aged” adults in the 1980s all seemed like they were like 60-80 years old back THEN, when thats actually how old they are now.

Like I saw something about how my aunt turned 70 on Facebook today. The hell? I thought she was 70 back in 1990! Jim Boeheim too...THAT guy was only like mid 40s when I started watching Cuse as a kid?

As a b-ball fan with zero rooting interest, I’ll be very disappointed if Bucks-Nets isn’t an absolute war.
I’m really hoping we can at least keep it competitive. I think we’re arguably best suited of anyone to take Brooklyn down but we’re down to one guy that can defend PGs and they obviously have Kyrie and Harden. It was always gonna be really tough and now it’s even tougher.

Dillon Brooks can play, but he basically torpedoed this game for Memphis when he came back in.
He had a big game but he is such a thug. All he was doing was getting the Jazz amped up. Here is a great tweet.

Last edited:
Dillon Brooks can play, but he basically torpedoed this game for Memphis when he came back in.

Brooks reminds me of something I thought of last year (or maybe two years ago) with the Celtics, which was I saw that Marcus Smart had taken like 22 shots in an incredibly important playoff game.

Here's the thing: If you are relying on Marcus Smart or Dillon Brooks to be a HUGE part of your success, you are just capped.

As good as Luka is, Dallas really needs to get him a better #2 than always underwhelming Porzingis.

As it stands, I’d probably say Tim Hardaway Jr is their second best player.

KP has been a mess all year and he threw shade at Luka earlier in the year. They quietly (or not so quietly) were looking to ship him before the deadline this year.

He doesn't rebound, he can't protect the rim, he can't take anyone in the post and if he isn't hitting his jumper, he's just a malcontent that is hurting your team.

I think Kawhi is staying in LA and they would be much more likely to trade PG, but if Kawhi wants to be on a team where he doesn't have to bear as much of the load, he should go to Dallas.

Regardless, Dallas desperately needs a better #2 for Luka.

KP has been a mess all year and he threw shade at Luka earlier in the year. They quietly (or not so quietly) were looking to ship him before the deadline this year.

He doesn't rebound, he can't protect the rim, he can't take anyone in the post and if he isn't hitting his jumper, he's just a malcontent that is hurting your team.

I think Kawhi is staying in LA and they would be much more likely to trade PG, but if Kawhi wants to be on a team where he doesn't have to bear as much of the load, he should go to Dallas.

Regardless, Dallas desperately needs a better #2 for Luka.
I really can’t picture Kawhi going to Dallas to be their #2. It’s definitely the best option for him from a talent perspective but I think he understandably wants to be the guy and he clearly wouldn’t be in Dallas.

I don't understand how Memphis center Jonas Valanciunas and Travis Kelce are two different people.

1622380675947.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom