NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 196 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

This is what I love about Vegas. Both home teams are up 3-2 and can win the series tonight. So Vegas has made both underdogs. No way Clippers should be getting points.

in what league do they allow trades in the middle of the playoffs?

The NHL allows trades during the playoffs too, although I'm not sure why teams wouldn't wait til after the playoffs to get as many possible suitors.

The NHL allows trades during the playoffs too, although I'm not sure why teams wouldn't wait til after the playoffs to get as many possible suitors.
The trade involves an outgoing first round pick. OKC is the only possible suitor. ;)

This is what I love about Vegas. Both home teams are up 3-2 and can win the series tonight. So Vegas has made both underdogs. No way Clippers should be getting points.
The Jazz are still the better team. Vegas must believe Mitchell will play, perhaps Conley as well.

in what league do they allow trades in the middle of the playoffs?
Trades are allowed once a team's season ends, so since both these teams are out of the playoffs, they were allowed to pull the trigger.

Great trade!!

But if you look at the assets that were moved to get Kemba (or clear cap space for him) then whole sequence of moves is looking pretty bad. Now they are just cutting a few losses (which is the best they can do) because it is a very bad contract Very Colangelo-esque.

There's a pretty big difference between a guy shooting 25-30% and a guy shooting 50-60%. Also, somehow Luka Doncic's 53% shooting this postseason (and 60% lifetime) fly under the radar compared to Giannis who shoots slightly better at the line in the playoffs (virtually the same though).

But if you look at the assets that were moved to get Kemba (or clear cap space for him) then whole sequence of moves is looking pretty bad. Now they are just cutting a few losses (which is the best they can do) because it is a very bad contract Very Colangelo-esque.
They traded a first round pick for Moses Brown in essence. Celtics didn’t really trade much assets to clear the space for signing Kemba.
They lost Horford and Kyrie and traded a second round pick in a sign and trade.

Plus when they trade brad Stevens they will get that pick back.

The Jazz are still the better team. Vegas must believe Mitchell will play, perhaps Conley as well.

Still just the craziness of all these injuries etc that continue to pile up and persist..

They traded a first round pick for Moses Brown in essence. Celtics didn’t really trade much assets to clear the space for signing Kemba.

I saw one of the cap gurus saying this trade gives Boston a realistic shot at having a max slot a year from now too.

Will horford play two years, or did the celts bring him back to retire after one year?

Will horford play two years, or did the celts bring him back to retire after one year?
He can play 2 years and his contract will become a trade piece.
This trade also allows them to resign Evan Fournier without killing their luxury tax.

It was a good trade. The trade cleared a bad contract for just a first round pick and a better fit.

He can play 2 years and his contract will become a trade piece.
This trade also allows them to resign Evan Fournier without killing their luxury tax.

It was a good trade. The trade cleared a bad contract for just a first round pick and a better fit.
Yeah, I never liked getting kemba in the first place. I would have rather had kyrie. I just don’t see oldhead horford providing anything.

Gonna be a crazy game no matter what.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom