NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 208 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

From Terance Mann’s mom:

“But I’ll tell you one thing, you know, because I’m a basketball coach and he’s grown up in a coaching household. He understands the impact a coach has on a player. He understands the importance of a player-coach relationship. He thinks those things are essential to his success. So last year, I don’t think he had a great player-coach relationship with Doc. I don’t think he got that confidence that he needed from Doc. And it’s the complete opposite from Ty Lue. You know, Ty Lue is a player’s coach. Ty Lue pours confidence in his players, from No. 1 all the way to No. 12. So I think Ty Lue just telling Terance, ‘You need to shoot that shot,’ that’s all Terance really needed. He needs that coach to tell him what he needs, what is needed. And he’s going to run through a brick wall for any coach that gives him that coaching.”

From Terance Mann’s mom:

“But I’ll tell you one thing, you know, because I’m a basketball coach and he’s grown up in a coaching household. He understands the impact a coach has on a player. He understands the importance of a player-coach relationship. He thinks those things are essential to his success. So last year, I don’t think he had a great player-coach relationship with Doc. I don’t think he got that confidence that he needed from Doc. And it’s the complete opposite from Ty Lue. You know, Ty Lue is a player’s coach. Ty Lue pours confidence in his players, from No. 1 all the way to No. 12. So I think Ty Lue just telling Terance, ‘You need to shoot that shot,’ that’s all Terance really needed. He needs that coach to tell him what he needs, what is needed. And he’s going to run through a brick wall for any coach that gives him that coaching.”

It seems like he's something of a joke (maybe i'm wrong on that?) but I tend to think Lue is a pretty solid coach

It seems like he's something of a joke (maybe i'm wrong on that?) but I tend to think Lue is a pretty solid coach
I'm still a skeptic but he does some things well that seem to matter, so it's possible my opinion of him is lower than merited.

Lue is slowly winning me over. While he does do a pretty good job of making adjustments, the problem is the adjustments are made between games, not during the games. He’s willing to drop a game or two just to feel things out, which seems crazy to me.

And while he completely revamped the offense to make it more efficient and pleasing to the eye, I think the defense could still be a lot better.

Leonard’s injury and getting to the WCF will buy Lue some time.

Click on it. It’s 1 minute and 30 seconds of Bill Simmons chitting on Devin Booker and calling him a loser who can’t win.
I do recall him criticizing Booker for skipping a world championship tournament 3-4 yrs ago

Lue is slowly winning me over. While he does do a pretty good job of making adjustments, the problem is the adjustments are made between games, not during the games. He’s willing to drop a game or two just to feel things out, which seems crazy to me.

And while he completely revamped the offense to make it more efficient and pleasing to the eye, I think the defense could still be a lot better.

Leonard’s injury and getting to the WCF will buy Lue some time.

I like that early in a series he is willing to try new things. To your point, would be great if he landed the plane on decisions within games versus in between games.

If Kawhi re-signs and is cool with Lue (assume he is), then I think that also helps big time.

I feel like good coaches that coach LeBron don't get credit until years after, like Spo and Lue. It's easy to be like "he's got Bron, of course the team could win it all", but then you see those guys do well post-Bron and maybe they had something to do with those winning years.

I like that early in a series he is willing to try new things. To your point, would be great if he landed the plane on decisions within games versus in between games.

If Kawhi re-signs and is cool with Lue (assume he is), then I think that also helps big time.

I feel like good coaches that coach LeBron don't get credit until years after, like Spo and Lue. It's easy to be like "he's got Bron, of course the team could win it all", but then you see those guys do well post-Bron and maybe they had something to do with those winning years.

Also, I know it's not as simple as this, but from 2015-2018 the Warriors lost one playoff series. Ty Lue coached the team that won that series. I know he had Lebron, I'm just saying. That's at least somewhat impressive.

Also, I know it's not as simple as this, but from 2015-2018 the Warriors lost one playoff series. Ty Lue coached the team that won that series. I know he had Lebron, I'm just saying. That's at least somewhat impressive.

Agreed. That was an incredible series to win.

Snuck up on me this year, but draft lottery is tonight! The Cade Cunningham sweepstakes will finally be over!
Trying to figure out who I hope wins. Pels would obviously be 1st choice as a fan but I think probably rooting for the Pistons or Thunder otherwise. Wolves would be quite interesting as well.

First time in several years (2013?) that I have been interested in the lottery as a Raptors Fan.
Very excited to get the 4th pick.
With a bit of cap space this summer and some bad luck last year, I am hoping we can get back to a high 40's win team next year if not better.

Certainly can't claim much of this was rigged -- Detroit, Cleveland and Canada are not exactly top tier markets for the NBA.

Trying to figure out who I hope wins. Pels would obviously be 1st choice as a fan but I think probably rooting for the Pistons or Thunder otherwise. Wolves would be quite interesting as well.
Ill take it.

I know he had a rough rookie year, but I’m highly intrigued by Killian. Interested to see what happens with him assuming Detroit takes Cade.

I know he had a rough rookie year, but I’m highly intrigued by Killian. Interested to see what happens with him assuming Detroit takes Cade.
Throw all the young kids and grant into the fire and see how they grow. Add another likely top 5 pick next year and things could get interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom