NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 228 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

The biggest takeaway I'm getting from these playoffs is I think Ayton might be the second most important player on PHX behind CP3.
I know everybody knows this, and it's hard to define it as a concrete skill, but I think you can make an argument that Paul is one of the best ever at leveraging his centers. He somehow gets them organized and focused on maximizing what they do well.

Yeah, I’m not trying to be argumentative but that entire video did absolutely nothing to persuade me otherwise.

There were two plays I’d consider remotely dirty in the entire 4+ minutes. One of which occurred 20 years ago at Wake… The other was pulling Lebron’s arm down on an awkward angle, since it’s Lebron, I’ll allow it.

The rest of that stuff is mild at any Saturday morning gym league.

Dirty died in the 90’s and thrived in the 80’s.

Yeah, I’m not trying to be argumentative but that entire video did absolutely nothing to persuade me otherwise.

There were two plays I’d consider remotely dirty in the entire 4+ minutes. One of which occurred 20 years ago at Wake… The other was pulling Lebron’s arm down on an awkward angle, since it’s Lebron, I’ll allow it.

The rest of that stuff is mild at any Saturday morning gym league.

Dirty died in the 90’s and thrived in the 80’s.
I saw people on Twitter(yeah, I know) arguing that Paul was trying to take out Giannis’s knee when he did the slow down/move over to cut him off and try to turn it into a 3 point play move as Giannis was chasing him down from behind on a fast break.

People aren’t rational when it comes to Paul. He earned his rep(the Hodge thing was absurdly dirty), but now they try to find it in every thing.

Trying to draw fouls, push and shove to get an advantage, etc. isn’t “dirty” in the sense of trying to hurt someone.

He’s an annoying player to root against for sure, but people are overdoing things as usual.

If the Suns win, does CP3 pass Isiah as the 3rd best PG ever?(Magic and Curry are the top 2).

I think so. This late career resurgence, imo, pushes him past Isiah. What he did last year with OKC was insane. I think he might get there even if they lose this series.

I know that is blasphemous because of rings culture, but it really seems like he might already be there.

I'm not a huge CP3 fan, but it's really tough to argue against his consistency and longevity. Also, I'm not 100% sure when the next CP3 will come through. He's a pretty unique PG in terms of the current NBA. He's not an insane shooter/PG like Steph and Dame, he's not the Harden/Luka insane usage rate / I'm scoring at all three levels PG... he's like an old school PG that controls the pace, gets his guys involved and can switch gears to close out a game when the pressure hits.

I saw people on Twitter(yeah, I know) arguing that Paul was trying to take out Giannis’s knee when he did the slow down/move over to cut him off and try to turn it into a 3 point play move as Giannis was chasing him down from behind on a fast break.

People aren’t rational when it comes to Paul. He earned his rep(the Hodge thing was absurdly dirty), but now they try to find it in every thing.

Trying to draw fouls, push and shove to get an advantage, etc. isn’t “dirty” in the sense of trying to hurt someone.

He’s an annoying player to root against for sure, but people are overdoing things as usual.

I would KILL for the Knicks to sign him. He's a guy you want on your team and begrudgingly respect when he's not. I also think after you get to a certain age, rooting for players becomes easier, like in this instance of CP3.

I think so. This late career resurgence, imo, pushes him past Isiah. What he did last year with OKC was insane. I think he might get there even if they lose this series.

I know that is blasphemous because of rings culture, but it really seems like he might already be there.

I'm not a huge CP3 fan, but it's really tough to argue against his consistency and longevity. Also, I'm not 100% sure when the next CP3 will come through. He's a pretty unique PG in terms of the current NBA. He's not an insane shooter/PG like Steph and Dame, he's not the Harden/Luka insane usage rate / I'm scoring at all three levels PG... he's like an old school PG that controls the pace, gets his guys involved and can switch gears to close out a game when the pressure hits.

Yup.

Personality, chippiness, whining to refs aside...that also explains why he’s hands down my favorite PG to watch.

Give me a PG like CP3, a mid range artist like Carmelo, and a back to the basket low post artist, and I’m a happy b-ball fan.

Get off my lawn.

I would KILL for the Knicks to sign him. He's a guy you want on your team and begrudgingly respect when he's not. I also think after you get to a certain age, rooting for players becomes easier, like in this instance of CP3.
Yup. I can acknowledge that he was being a dick at the end of the game where they bounced the Clippers, while still enjoying the show at the same time.

Tom Brady effect for me. Think maybe after that loss to the Eagles I quit hating him as a Bills fan and started to appreciate what I was seeing.

You’re right, but not in the way you mean. He’s no different than Marcus Morris.

Speaking of which, I have no problem acknowledging that both Morris and Patrick Beverley are dirty players. And I acknowledged Paul was dirty when he was with the Clippers.

Paul is also a flopper. You guys can root for him all you want, but if he had a different name, you’d be saying otherwise.

If the Suns win, does CP3 pass Isiah as the 3rd best PG ever?(Magic and Curry are the top 2).
Where does John Stockton rank (he was dirty, too)?

You’re right, but not in the way you mean. He’s no different than Marcus Morris.

Speaking of which, I have no problem acknowledging that both Morris and Patrick Beverley are dirty players. And I acknowledged Paul was dirty when he was with the Clippers.

Paul is also a flopper. You guys can root for him all you want, but if he had a different name, you’d be saying otherwise.
He has a different name, it's Chrissy the crybaby. But I will give him props because I never expected his career to last this long at this skill level. If he stays healthy the Suns will be tough to beat.

Paul seems to have an affinity for cheap shots to the midsection.
When it happens that many times (and there are examples beyond that video), it’s not a coincidence.

Here's a fun game, I remember reading about it during covid last year (I think? Maybe before that). Don't think it was mentioned here, if not, well, whatever

Pick a 5 man all time team for an NBA team, but the catch is, none of the players can have been teammates with any of the other 4 guys. So if I was doing the Knicks (I am), and I wanted Clyde Frazier as my PG (I do), then it rules out everyone he ever played with on the Knicks.

so the Knicks are probably something like

Clyde Frazier
Carmelo Anthony
Patrick Ewing

Those 3 are the easy ones (to me at least). Thhere are two guards who played for them in the 50/60s who made 5-6 AS teams, Carl Braun/Richie Guerin. Maybe one of them is your other guard. Is it too early to put Randle on this team?

It's not easy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom