NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 230 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

If you want to cheat, use Shaq from his Phoenix, Cleveland, Boston days.

Surprisingly great squad outside the 2.

C: Alonzo Mourning
PF: Anthony Davis
SF: Zion Williamson
SG: Rex Chapman or Eddie Jones. Doesn't appear Glen Rice or Baron Davis played the 2 at all.
PG: Chris Paul
Pelicans are an interesting one though. They were the New Orleans Hornets...but does that mean the Charlotte Hornets guys count? Didn’t the Charlotte Hornets history go with the new Hornets/former Bobcats franchise? And N.O. is in effect a new franchise starting when they started playing in New Orleans? Just like Cleveland Browns/Baltimore Ravens?

Or am I wrong on that?

I was so stumped at first when I saw Zo, thinking “he played for N.O.?”

And the amazing (sad if you arent a laker fan?) is I could also do this

Magic
Kobe
Baylor
Anthony Davis
George Mikan (LOL)

and have another killer team with none of the guys you took
And Shaq and Wilt not even selected yet

Pelicans are an interesting one though. They were the New Orleans Hornets...but does that mean the Charlotte Hornets guys count? Didn’t the Charlotte Hornets history go with the new Hornets/former Bobcats franchise? And N.O. is in effect a new franchise starting when they started playing in New Orleans? Just like Cleveland Browns/Baltimore Ravens?

Or am I wrong on that?

If you go by Basketball Ref, the Pelicans history starts in 2002-03. (good season) The Hornets and Bobcats are considered the same franchise.

Magic
Kobe
LeBron
Connie Hawkins(only 1 solid year with LA but...)
Wilt

The PF position is the toughest to fill with the Lakers IMO, and especially so if you put Magic and Kobe on the team because you’re basically covering like 4 decades worth of PF’s there so you can’t even plug in an AC Green, Elden Campbell, Odom, etc.

That’s why on my first team I went with other guards, so I could put Gasol on the team.

Believe it or not, the Clippers are tough, because a lot of great players have had at least brief stops with the organization. I could come up with at least three really solid squads.

Chris Paul
Dominique Wilkins
Kawhi Leonard
Bob McAdoo
Bill Walton

Or am I wrong on that?

Wasn't certain myself so figured would go with the whole thing from Charlotte Hornets to New Orleans Hornets to Pellies and ended up with possible superstars at 4 positions and 1 giant hole.

Wasn't certain myself so figured would go with the whole thing from Charlotte Hornets to New Orleans Hornets to Pellies and ended up with possible superstars at 4 positions and 1 giant hole.
Not an all time great or anything, but Eddie Jones was a player. Loved Eddie in LA.

One of my favorite players to play with in NBA Live when I was growing up lol
Eddie dunking on 7’6 Shawn Bradley twice and getting cheered in Philly was one of my favorite moments.

Believe it or not, the Clippers are tough, because a lot of great players have had at least brief stops with the organization. I could come up with at least three really solid squads.

Chris Paul
Dominique Wilkins
Kawhi Leonard
Bob McAdoo
Bill Walton
Clippers Second Team:
Chauncey Billups
World B. Free
Paul Pierce
Elton Brand
Moses Malone

Clippers Third Team:
Sam Cassell
Paul George
Jamal Wilkes
Blake Griffin
Marvin Barnes

Clippers Honorable Mention (Syracuse Alumni):
Sherman Douglas
Jason Hart
Wes Johnson
LeRon Ellis
Rich Manning

Clippers Second Team:
Chauncey Billups
World B. Free
Paul Pierce
Elton Brand
Moses Malone

Clippers Third Team:
Sam Cassell
Paul George
Jamal Wilkes
Blake Griffin
Marvin Barnes

Clippers Honorable Mention (Syracuse Alumni):
Sherman Douglas
Jason Hart
Wes Johnson
LeRon Ellis
Rich Manning
I completely forgot Paul Pierce was a Clipper.

*I can remember the 90s better than the 10’s.

I completely forgot Paul Pierce was a Clipper.

*I can remember the 90s better than the 10’s.
So was Grant Hill, who I couldn’t make room for because of Griffin.

So was Grant Hill, who I couldn’t make room for because of Griffin.
I remember that because I wanted the Lakers to sign him, and I believe that was rumored too.

somewhat related to this, I remember going to the Dome with my brother for a preseason Suns-Nuggets game and we were crazy pumped to go because of how many future hall of famers were involved: Nash, Shaq, Hill, Amare(at the time he was on track), Carmelo, and Iverson.

Warriors:

Tim Hardaway
Rick Barry
Kevin Durant
Chris Webber
Wilt

*Hardaway was hurt the entire 93-94 season and never played with Webber. Can I use that loophole? If not, I’ll take Baron Davis.

Here's a fun game, I remember reading about it during covid last year (I think? Maybe before that). Don't think it was mentioned here, if not, well, whatever

Pick a 5 man all time team for an NBA team, but the catch is, none of the players can have been teammates with any of the other 4 guys. So if I was doing the Knicks (I am), and I wanted Clyde Frazier as my PG (I do), then it rules out everyone he ever played with on the Knicks.

so the Knicks are probably something like

Clyde Frazier
Carmelo Anthony
Patrick Ewing

Those 3 are the easy ones (to me at least). Thhere are two guards who played for them in the 50/60s who made 5-6 AS teams, Carl Braun/Richie Guerin. Maybe one of them is your other guard. Is it too early to put Randle on this team?

It's not easy!
Id prob go

Clyde
Monroe
Debusccher sp
Melo
Ewing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150