NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 231 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Jrue Holiday currently riding a 49.0% TS% in the playoffs. Eric Bledsoe was at 49.4% as a Buck.

Holiday gets on track and the Bucks take game 3 at home.

Game 4 becomes the pivotal war and biggest game of the series.

Bet the ranch.

I remember that because I wanted the Lakers to sign him, and I believe that was rumored too.

somewhat related to this, I remember going to the Dome with my brother for a preseason Suns-Nuggets game and we were crazy pumped to go because of how many future hall of famers were involved: Nash, Shaq, Hill, Amare(at the time he was on track), Carmelo, and Iverson.
That was practically an All-Star Game.

OK, I can’t help myself. Clippers Fourth Team:

Baron Davis
Adrian Dantley
Grant Hill
Danny Manning
Tom Chambers

Eddie dunking on 7’6 Shawn Bradley twice and getting cheered in Philly was one of my favorite moments.

I was a T-Wolves fan when KG and Marbury were together for a moment and I can still remember that there were rumors they were going to trade Tom Gugliotta for Eddie Jones and Elden Campbell and I was absolutely all for it.

I was a T-Wolves fan when KG and Marbury were together for a moment and I can still remember that there were rumors they were going to trade Tom Gugliotta for Eddie Jones and Elden Campbell and I was absolutely all for it.
Jones was always in some trade rumors once Kobe joined the team. I remember the Jones for the disgruntled Pippen ones were strong a couple of different times.

Nowadays, you’d just play Kobe and Jones together. I wish they would’ve done so, back then and just kept Eddie.

I'll go

Clyde
King
Melo
Ewing
randle

Almost there! King and Ewing played together. For about a minute, but still.

Jrue Holiday currently riding a 49.0% TS% in the playoffs. Eric Bledsoe was at 49.4% as a Buck.

It really sucks. He's giving great effort on defense. He had a few incredible blocks last night. But he just can't make a shot. Seems like he missed 3-4 shots right at the rim in just the 1H last night

Almost there! King and Ewing played together. For about a minute, but still.

It really sucks. He's giving great effort on defense. He had a few incredible blocks last night. But he just can't make a shot. Seems like he missed 3-4 shots right at the rim in just the 1H last night
Expending so much energy on defense can do that.

I really don't understand why the Suns aren't passing around him to get the ball over half court and have Paul take it from there. CP3 was visibly gassed at the end from the hounding he was getting from Drue. Luckily those mistakes he was making at the end didn't hurt them, but if the game was closer, they could have been disastrous.

I really don't understand why the Suns aren't passing around him to get the ball over half court and have Paul take it from there. CP3 was visibly gassed at the end from the hounding he was getting from Drue. Luckily those mistakes he was making at the end didn't hurt them, but if the game was closer, they could have been disastrous.
Yeah, you could tell they were both drained by the end of the game. Unfortunately CP3 is able to mostly chill on defense so he was able to carry the offense for some stretches while Jrue's fatigue essentially made it a game of 2 on 5 on offense for the Bucks. Just not a winning formula. To be honest I don't think there really is a winning formula for the Bucks outside of Jrue and Middleton just finding more energy somehow. The team isn't deep enough to give them rest and they just have no lift on the offensive end.

Edit: I'd also add that the fatigue by the end of the game doesn't really excuse Jrue's struggles at the beginning of the game. He just didn't bring his game to Phoenix. He missed nearly 10 layups last night.

Last edited:
Yeah, you could tell they were both drained by the end of the game. Unfortunately CP3 is able to mostly chill on defense so he was able to carry the offense for some stretches while Jrue's fatigue essentially made it a game of 2 on 5 on offense for the Bucks. Just not a winning formula. To be honest I don't think there really is a winning formula for the Bucks outside of Jrue and Middleton just finding more energy somehow. The team isn't deep enough to give them rest and they just have no lift on the offensive end.

Edit: I'd also add that the fatigue by the end of the game doesn't really excuse Jrue's struggles at the beginning of the game. He just didn't bring his game to Phoenix. He missed nearly 10 layups last night.

I know injuries have been the story, and he's obviously not a big name or all star player, but they could really use Donte right about now.

Those shot quality charts (kinda) remind of the Knicks in round 1. Nearly every game they shot so poorly, you'd think at some point they would have to at least regress to just below average shooting, but it never really happened. The Bucks are at like 30% from 3 for the whole playoffs!

I know injuries have been the story, and he's obviously not a big name or all star player, but they could really use Donte right about now.

Those shot quality charts (kinda) remind of the Knicks in round 1. Nearly every game they shot so poorly, you'd think at some point they would have to at least regress to just below average shooting, but it never really happened. The Bucks are at like 30% from 3 for the whole playoffs!
Agree, Donte is actually a decent loss. Can hit shots and an aggressive defender to throw at Booker and Paul.

Milwaukee could still come back, but Phoenix is just a smoother operation overall and relies less on Iso Ball. Any of the guys they put out there outside of Ayton can handle, pass and shoot it.

Milwaukee could still come back, but Phoenix is just a smoother operation overall and relies less on Iso Ball. Any of the guys they put out there outside of Ayton can handle, pass and shoot it.
It's weird, that org has been a dumpster fire for a long time, and it's like they all of a sudden ended up with complimentary guys on their roster and perfectly matched adding Chris Paul to the mix to make the engine go.

And I don’t think Monty needs to play Paul that much. Payne is a good player and has been great in the playoffs. Monty can give him 25 minutes to give Booker and Paul rest.

And I don’t think Monty needs to play Paul that much. Payne is a good player and has been great in the playoffs. Monty can give him 25 minutes to give Booker and Paul rest.

The next 4 games (if necessary!) are every third day. Payne is a good bench piece, maybe they can so super small with all 3, but I kinda think you push Paul and Booker now. They can taste a title. Paul did play 41 min last night, maybe thats a few too many for him, but only a few.

The sun top 7 is just so damn solid. Every time Mikael Bridges makes another 3 I get so mad we took Kevin Knox instead.

The next 4 games (if necessary!) are every third day. Payne is a good bench piece, maybe they can so super small with all 3, but I kinda think you push Paul and Booker now. They can taste a title. Paul did play 41 min last night, maybe thats a few too many for him, but only a few.

The sun top 7 is just so damn solid. Every time Mikael Bridges makes another 3 I get so mad we took Kevin Knox instead.
Yeah I think Paul is hitting that gear Clyde Drexler hit in Houston in the finals when he knew he just had to dig a little deeper and get his ring.

Just let the old man play.

Yeah I think Paul is hitting that gear Clyde Drexler hit in Houston in the finals when he knew he just had to dig a little deeper and get his ring.

Just let the old man play.

It's kinda weird, I wouldn't say I especially like Chris Paul, but I will be glad to see him win a ring (if he does, it's not over!) Seems like a player that good for that long should at least have one

Would he currently be the best player not to have one? I guess Malone is better?

It's kinda weird, I wouldn't say I especially like Chris Paul, but I will be glad to see him win a ring (if he does, it's not over!) Seems like a player that good for that long should at least have one

Would he currently be the best player not to have one? I guess Malone is better?
Barkley?

Yep, it's hard for me to complain too much about missing Donte when other teams were missing legitimate stars but he was such a crucial part of this team. Legitimately good defender, maybe the best cutter on the team, great rebounder for a guard. He was one of the keys in us being able to go small and instead, we've gotten killed on the boards pretty when we do it now.

The Suns are perfectly constructed. And it helps when you have backups stepping up, like Payne. Their depth took a hit a bit losing Saric and Craig, but they still have their top 7 core guys.

If the Bucks win this series it will be because Giannis goes nuclear (40/15 type stuff each game), Jrue and Khris provide some semblance of consistency (the up and down has been insane by both), and they shoot better from 3 like they've proven they can this season. It's obviously possible, but not likely imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom