NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Trueblue25 even I honestly have no clue how good he is Celtics media are saying they are likely going to sign Shaq Harrison now that Chicago nontendered him.
I honestly don’t know if he is any good.

There's a portion of Bucks fans that are absolutely praying we sign him.

I don’t get how Brooklyn fits Harden on the cap.
It would gut their roster.
Lavert, Harris, Dinwiddie, Jordan? and lots of draft picks?

LaVert, Dinwiddie, Jarrett Allen, and picks most likely. Could theoretically include Taurean Prince to make salaries easier but they honestly have a lot of ways to do it.

LaVert, Dinwiddie, Jarrett Allen, and picks most likely. Could theoretically include Taurean Prince to make salaries easier but they honestly have a lot of ways to do it.

If you are the rockets and are trading harden .. you absolutely have to get Westbrook out of there too and start over .. you can’t keep him .. else he’ll think he’s as entitled as harden ... only he’s much worse

Shams (Holiday trade) and Woj (Covington) going back and forth here

Holiday seems like a very good get for the Bucks?

If this deal isn't accompanied by long-term extensions for Giannis and Jrue, we need to fire this front office before the trade is made official. This is way way way too much for a fringe all-star (which is also what Bledsoe has been the last two years).

If this deal isn't accompanied by long-term extensions for Giannis and Jrue, we need to fire this front office before the trade is made official. This is way way way too much for a fringe all-star (which is also what Bledsoe has been the last two years).

the first round picks and pick swaps to NOLA are going to be worthless picks most likely...and bledsoe leaving is a benefit. this is an easy win

If Giannis signs with Milwaukee that Holiday trade is a steal.
I think they overpaid for Bogdanoivch.

He is a good player but DiVincenzio really improved and seemed like a glue bench player for the Bucks.

The Pelicans gambled Giannis would leave and appear to have miscalculated.

The Covington trade is actually a good trade for Houston.
They need to recover some draft picks and got 2 for a player they traded Capella for.

Bucks will have to get vets on minimum deals and look to buy second round draft picks.

This all ends with Brooklyn just ending up re-creating the 2012 OKC team, right? Serge, Harden, Russ, KD.

I think the others are fine without Westbrook,
But it would be amusibg to see Kyrie shipped out.

Wow, I went to bed and the Bucks go all in!

IMO, you have to make all these moves and bet on Giannis re-signing. They will never get a FA as talented as Giannis to sign there and to hit a winning lottery ticket in the draft like Giannis again will be tough.

If he re-signs, it's all worth it. Even if he doesn't, you have to make this bet.

Kudos to them for going all in.

Bucks will have to get vets on minimum deals and look to buy second round draft picks.

Not sure why he didn’t mention the MLE or BAE but we have those too. Shouldn’t really be much of a problem filling out the bench between those, ring chasers, and potentially buying picks.

Not sure why he didn’t mention the MLE or BAE but we have those too. Shouldn’t really be much of a problem filling out the bench between those, ring chasers, and potentially buying picks.
When you do a sign and trade you can’t use the MLE or BAE you get locked into a hard cap he said.

When you do a sign and trade you can’t use the MLE or BAE you get locked into a hard cap he said.
You can’t use the TAXPAYER MLE if you do a sign and trade but you’re still eligible to use the non-taxpayer version (the more expensive one) as long as you stay below the hard cap.

Great trades for the Bucks. I think they were hurt most by the lack of home court playing in the bubble and would have made the finals if not for the interruption. Now they have no excuse if they don’t.

They added the right pieces. Went from +600 to +500 on Draft Kings to win the title.

No idea what the Kings are doing but that is SOP for that bumbling franchise.

You can’t use the TAXPAYER MLE if you do a sign and trade but you’re still eligible to use the non-taxpayer version (the more expensive one) as long as you stay below the hard cap.

Who do you expect them to target to fill out the bench? That core 5 is strong and I think is going to force the rest of the East contenders to make moves to keep up.

Different trade but I loved that move by Portland to bring Covington in and give them some physicality and defense on the wing.

Who do you expect them to target to fill out the bench? That core 5 is strong and I think is going to force the rest of the East contenders to make moves to keep up.

Different trade but I loved that move by Portland to bring Covington in and give them some physicality and defense on the wing.

Wonder where Melo ends up

The obvious suspects would be the former Budenholzer guys: Millsap, Jeff Teague, and Kent Bazemore. They're also reportedly targeting Avery Bradley. Justin Holiday would make sense considering we just got his brother.

I would imagine the Bucks will at least give Goran Dragic a call to see if he'd be willing to take less money to play with Giannis and Bogdanovic, but I doubt it. Likewise with Danilo Gallinari and Jae Crowder.

Some guys I would personally look at:

PG: Jevon Carter, Reggie Jackson, Shaq Harrison, Kris Dunn, maybe even MCW if you still consider him a PG
Wing: Bazemore, KCP, Justin Holiday, Denzel Valentine, Alec Burks, Josh Jackson, Derrick Jones, and there's always the option of trying to bring back the guys from last year (Matthews, Connaughton, and Sterling Brown).
Big: Nerlens Noel, Derrick Favors, Aron Baynes, Millsap, Harry Giles

Wonder where Melo ends up

I’m hoping it’s the Lakers. Feels like a good fit on the floor and obviously he and Bron are tight. Would love to see Melo be in a spot to win a ring. He seemed to enjoy his time in Portland though. My guess would be one of those two.

I’m hoping it’s the Lakers. Feels like a good fit on the floor and obviously he and Bron are tight. Would love to see Melo be in a spot to win a ring. He seemed to enjoy his time in Portland though. My guess would be one of those two.

I think his role in Portland would be diminished with the addition of Covington. The problem with the Lakers is he’d basically replace Markief Morris. I’m not sure he would be willing to the dirty work Markief did.

I do think that Lebron would bring the most out of him offensively but is he willing to buy in on defense? And take nearly the vet min?

The obvious suspects would be the former Budenholzer guys: Millsap, Jeff Teague, and Kent Bazemore. They're also reportedly targeting Avery Bradley. Justin Holiday would make sense considering we just got his brother.

I would imagine the Bucks will at least give Goran Dragic a call to see if he'd be willing to take less money to play with Giannis and Bogdanovic, but I doubt it. Likewise with Danilo Gallinari and Jae Crowder.

Some guys I would personally look at:

PG: Jevon Carter, Reggie Jackson, Shaq Harrison, Kris Dunn, maybe even MCW if you still consider him a PG
Wing: Bazemore, KCP, Justin Holiday, Denzel Valentine, Alec Burks, Josh Jackson, Derrick Jones, and there's always the option of trying to bring back the guys from last year (Matthews, Connaughton, and Sterling Brown).
Big: Nerlens Noel, Derrick Favors, Aron Baynes, Millsap, Harry Giles

It’s a pretty unique offseason when you factor in the change in timeline, not a ton of money out there, teams that have money to spend are mostly in rebuilding mode, lots of pretty good depth and role players available, a draft that seems to not have much separation in terms of tiers of prospect, etc.

Real fortunate circumstances for teams that are legit contenders to be able to fill out their bench/rotation for relatively short money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom