NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 93 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

watching the nets fail is my new hobby.

oh, and if the Yankees get bumped to this new channel YES2 that has popped up on my guide, im going to be really pissed...

watching the nets fail is my new hobby.

oh, and if the Yankees get bumped to this new channel YES2 that has popped up on my guide, im going to be really pissed...

They had so much depth before all these trades. I get you always go for the star, but even the second unit that they had with Allen and LeVert was really good.

Really interested to see how this is going to work out.

Besides the Knicks, my "team I just like to watch" now is the Warriors.

They had so much depth before all these trades. I get you always go for the star, but even the second unit that they had with Allen and LeVert was really good.

Really interested to see how this is going to work out.

Besides the Knicks, my "team I just like to watch" now is the Warriors.
Nets should trade Kyrie to Washington for Russell Westbrook and DeAndre Jordan to the Clippers for Serge Ibaka and get the whole band back together.

I am not a Nets fan, but I was sad to see Levert leave there. They were my team to watch lately.

I have him on a fantasy team. I think he'll do well with The President and Sabonis in Indy.

Nets should trade Kyrie to Washington for Russell Westbrook and DeAndre Jordan to the Clippers for Serge Ibaka and get the whole band back together.
just making me think about the sonic/thunder pisses me off more that they didnt dump the nets name.

they had a shot for brand new start, failed miserably.

like this trade will.

If Im a Houston Rocket, I would punch James Harden in the face as soon as I got the chance.

What a piece of trash.

That franchise paid him insanely well, made him the centerpiece, gave him the platform to take his game statistically to insane levels, and bent over backwards to placate him every offseason. CP3, no, Russ, no, Wall...

They stayed active and constantly trying to bolster the roster and give him help.

And he just decides he wants out, gets fat, brazenly parties, and barely tries. And they reward him for that by trading him to a contender that he wants to get traded to.

Pure BS. Screw that dude. At least Davis and Butler still played hard when they wanted out.

Total guess is he doesn't like the health and safety protocols. I haven't bothered to look, but apparently there are videos circulating around of him being unmasked at a family get together. My guess is he doesn't want to follow the current protocols that were set earlier this week. Total guess, but makes sense. That, or he is simply upset about Harden coming.

The order of events doesn’t support that he’s sitting out because of harden coming... the reason the Nets made the trade .. in part ... is insurance in case Irving doesn’t return .. he was already sitting out

If Im a Houston Rocket, I would punch James Harden in the face as soon as I got the chance.

What a piece of trash.

That franchise paid him insanely well, made him the centerpiece, gave him the platform to take his game statistically to insane levels, and bent over backwards to placate him every offseason. CP3, no, Russ, no, Wall...

They stayed active and constantly trying to bolster the roster and give him help.

And he just decides he wants out, gets fat, brazenly parties, and barely tries. And they reward him for that by trading him to a contender that he wants to get traded to.

Pure BS. Screw that dude. At least Davis and Butler still played hard when they wanted out.

I don't really have a problem with him wanting out at all (even if the team probably got worse because of moves he pushed for; like trading CP for Russ) but you should show up on time and in shape. That would piss me off

I don't really have a problem with him wanting out at all (even if the team probably got worse because of moves he pushed for; like trading CP for Russ) but you should show up on time and in shape. That would piss me off

I don’t have a problem with him basically admitting that he can’t handle the load of being a franchise player. We knew what he was made of back in the 2009 tourney. No heart.

If he’s good with admitting he can’t get it done and wants to go superteam up, fine.

But keep playing hard and doing your job while you’re waiting to be dealt.

What a piece of trash.

I think they really sent him home (or I guess told him to stay home) the other day because Boogie may have confronted him for real.

So with more time to reflect on this deal .. I feel it was more salary dump for the financially hurting Fertida than anything ..

By all accounts... Simmons plus was on the table ... a young star under contract for several years.. what are the odds even ONE of the picks Houston acquired ends up as good as Simmons ...

So obviously you make the Philly deal if you’re Houston... UNLESS.. the owner orders the GM to take the deal with almost no future salary obligations ..

Hence taking the NETS deal .. and then further ridding yourself of future salary by spinning off Allen and Levert for free agent to be Olidipo and a Cleveland pick (via bucks )

So now we’re going to see them trade Walls contract for expiring contacts and maybe a garbage 2nd round pick (wall has actually looked pretty good) ...

Tucker is gone .. Gordon to follow .. no way they resign olidipo

And they won’t sign squat in the off-season

So I’d argue .. might as well trade Wood .. he’s only on a three year deal .. you aren’t going to compete in that time frame .. and he is very valuable right now with how cheap he is

I think there is little chance that you will be able to get out of the Wall deal by trading him for expirings. The Rockets wilneed to add first round sweetener to get out of it.

I do think the Rockets will do whatever they can to get a top 4 pick this year.

There is only so low you can go salary wise where it is beneficial in terms of saving momey. If you don’t reach the salary floor it still has to be paid out by the team to players.

So with more time to reflect on this deal .. I feel it was more salary dump for the financially hurting Fertida than anything ..

By all accounts... Simmons plus was on the table ... a young star under contract for several years.. what are the odds even ONE of the picks Houston acquired ends up as good as Simmons ...

So obviously you make the Philly deal if you’re Houston... UNLESS.. the owner orders the GM to take the deal with almost no future salary obligations ..

Hence taking the NETS deal .. and then further ridding yourself of future salary by spinning off Allen and Levert for free agent to be Olidipo and a Cleveland pick (via bucks )

So now we’re going to see them trade Walls contract for expiring contacts and maybe a garbage 2nd round pick (wall has actually looked pretty good) ...

Tucker is gone .. Gordon to follow .. no way they resign olidipo

And they won’t sign squat in the off-season

So I’d argue .. might as well trade Wood .. he’s only on a three year deal .. you aren’t going to compete in that time frame .. and he is very valuable right now with how cheap he is
Wall would have to look good for a LONG time before someones willing to deal expirings for that contract. Like more than this season I would guess.

Zach Lowe was guessing that Houston just didn't feel like Simmons was someone that they would currently have a path to building a contender around. He has to be surrounded by shooters in order to fully succeed and they wouldn't be able to do it with their current roster/assets. They would have just been stuck in the middle with no other young players and no picks so they instead decided to re-fill their cupboard that they emptied in the Westbrook/Paul deal for no reason.

I think there is little chance that you will be able to get out of the Wall deal by trading him for expirings. The Rockets wilneed to add first round sweetener to get out of it.

I do think the Rockets will do whatever they can to get a top 4 pick this year.

There is only so low you can go salary wise where it is beneficial in terms of saving momey. If you don’t reach the salary floor it still has to be paid out by the team to players.
Rockets could trade Oladipo at the deadline for more picks.
I said yesterday Boston-Houston at the deadline Celtics use their Trade exception and give the Rockets picks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom