NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 96 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Clarkson has been incredible all season. 6th man of the year contender.

I do wish Snyder went deeper into his bench, and not just because I'd like Hughes to play more, although he injured his ankle recently. I feel like Oni and Harrison could give them something and take some of the load off of Conley and Ingles.
I think Snyder has a great plan. Oni did great in Ingles absences but its Clarkson, Ingles, Niang and Favors. That's a pretty good 2nd unit. If the five starters average 32 minutes and the four subs average 20 minutes that's 240 minutes. If everyone stays healthy the sky is the limit..

I think Snyder has a great plan. Oni did great in Ingles absences but its Clarkson, Ingles, Niang and Favors. That's a pretty good 2nd unit. If the five starters average 32 minutes and the four subs average 20 minutes that's 240 minutes. If everyone stays healthy the sky is the limit..
I just don't believe in a Covid season everyone stays healthy. The Jazz have been surprisingly resilient so far. Odds that holds up seem low.

To be fair to Morey (but why? no fun in that) its possible Fertita was emphasizing not taking on longer term salary and they ctually didn't have a ton of interest in Simmons. And they did get a ton of draft value back.

I just don't believe in a Covid season everyone stays healthy. The Jazz have been surprisingly resilient so far. Odds that holds up seem low.
Definitely hurt in playoffs last year when Bogie got injured. That plus having Bradley as the backup 5 last year was a disaster. I would like to see Azubuike play more but he will get a chance if RG or DF have to sit which will probably happen at some point

To be fair to Morey (but why? no fun in that) its possible Fertita was emphasizing not taking on longer term salary and they ctually didn't have a ton of interest in Simmons. And they did get a ton of draft value back.
You don’t think they could have gotten better draft picks flipping Simmons?

Than future Brooklyn picks?
I bet a team like Charlotte or Detroit would trade unprotected picks for Ben Simmons.
Simmons is young and an all star now.

I have a bet with a buddy need a board ruling.

Watch this clip from 2:25 to 2:29 is that Larry David celebrating the Celtics win?

I have the no side. If people care.

Nets with the ball with 1.7 seconds left in 1st OT. Which of their three big guns get the ball. Its KD but he missed the shot. Goes to 2nd OT.

Nets with the ball with 1.7 seconds left in 1st OT. Which of their three big guns get the ball. Its KD but he missed the shot. Goes to 2nd OT.
Sexton with 15 pts in 2nd OT as Cavs win big. Nets noticeably fatigued.

What with this espn broadcast ? Is espn even trying ? The play by play guy sounds like he’s from the 1940s..

Demarcus cousins is horrifically bad and unplayable ... he’s killing us ... he been killing us

Watch this clip from 2:25 to 2:29 is that Larry David celebrating the Celtics win?

It could be, but leaning on no.

Demarcus cousins is horrifically bad and unplayable ... he’s killing us ... he been killing us

Tank commander.

We have a pretty crappy one in Aaron Baynes, but I think the Raps have too much other parts to be really bad. Just mediocre bad.

Nets are going to have to do something about their bench -- but what do they have to deal?

It’s a no for me. Pretty sure he’s a Knicks fan, plus he would more likely be asleep in his seat.

Nets are going to have to do something about their bench -- but what do they have to deal?

Kyrie... I think the nets work better as a duo .. rather than trio

You don’t think they could have gotten better draft picks flipping Simmons?

Than future Brooklyn picks?
I bet a team like Charlotte or Detroit would trade unprotected picks for Ben Simmons.
Simmons is young and an all star now.

Yeah maybe, I dunno? I'm just saying, if the owner gave them a mandate to focus first and foremost on cutting salary long term, I can kinda sorta see the appeal of the Brooklyn deal, that's all. The Nets 3 guys can theoretically leave after next season; those picks could be juicy.

I think it would be hard to move Simmons to a team like that in season as well? I haven't checked out their rosters, not sure how they could match the salary coming back.

I watched most of the Nets game last night; Sexton went total Steph Curry mode in the second OT. (except for the 1-4 from the FT line)

I see they moved Harris to the bench. The defense looks to be an issue with Kyrie and Harden. Maybe they will attempt to guard people when it matters, but a lousy first game.

They have around $10 million to sign free agents with, so if they play their cards right, they can probably just sit back and dominate the buyout market.

Kyrie... I think the nets work better as a duo .. rather than trio

I just think Harden/ Kyrie need the ball too much and then they start playing the my turn your turn type stuff too much. Then they both want to pass to KD. Harden really is a fantastic passer too and he seems to get everyone involved. If they can they should trade Kyrie for more depth and another big. Kyrie amazing talent but such a headcase. he legit has severe metal health issues and an ego problem, IMO. Also can't stay healthy

Sexton put on a show in overtime last night, WOW

If every Net game is like the last two they have played, I'm all for it.
I feel bad for Steve Nash. Will those guys check their egos for Nash to be able to coach them. I hate to say this but they almost need a Phil Jackson.

I feel bad for Steve Nash. Will those guys check their egos for Nash to be able to coach them. I hate to say this but they almost need a Phil Jackson.

No. Not they won't. Nash just kind of stands there too. The Nets are the modern day NBA team 100%. Player empowerment and they run the team, Big name head coach with no experience, old assistants with head coaching experience, no draft picks and just shooting for NBA championship which they probably wont win. The players won't be around long and will leave a trail of scorched earth for the franchise to clean up down the road. The fact that when Kyrie didn't show up Nash didn't really know where the heck he was or what was going on should tell you all you need to know.

All that said, Do I really care that the Nets will be a dumpster fire in a few years? No I don't and I watched the game from start to finish last night and was completely entertained. Some great plays everywhere. Fun to watch

No. Not they won't. Nash just kind of stands there too. The Nets are the modern day NBA team 100%. Player empowerment and they run the team, Big name head coach with no experience, old assistants with head coaching experience, no draft picks and just shooting for NBA championship which they probably wont win. The players won't be around long and will leave a trail of scorched earth for the franchise to clean up down the road. The fact that when Kyrie didn't show up Nash didn't really know where the heck he was or what was going on should tell you all you need to know.

All that said, Do I really care that the Nets will be a dumpster fire in a few years? No I don't and I watched the game from start to finish last night and was completely entertained. Some great plays everywhere. Fun to watch
A championship or bust really does wear a fanbase down want as well.
Media just love to create drama.

The Nets went all-in though. I really don’t know how they play Kyrie and Harden together when they are behind late.
Both guys use so much energy on offense they don’t care in the regular season to try and keep any speedy guards in front of them.

They also are going to miss Jared Allen. If they play the Lakers Anthony Davis will own Deandre Jordan and they got no real depth now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom