NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

I don't think the Bucks trade Giannis unless he becomes a locker room distraction -- no matter if he is willing to extend or not. They will be a strong contender for the NBA title this year, and they are never going to get a shot this good for at least a dozen years whether they trade Giannis or not. So might as well keep him and make a run at it.

Despite their falling apart this year, the Bucks are an elite contender. I am not going to make huge conclusions due to bubble setting.

I don't think the Bucks trade Giannis unless he becomes a locker room distraction -- no matter if he is willing to extend or not. They will be a strong contender for the NBA title this year, and they are never going to get a shot this good for at least a dozen years whether they trade Giannis or not. So might as well keep him and make a run at it.

Despite their falling apart this year, the Bucks are an elite contender. I am not going to make huge conclusions due to bubble setting.
Bucks can’t trade Giannis.
They won’t get 50 cents of value for him.
Bucks don’t want to become mediocre. You either want to rebuild or compete.

What is the best package they could get?

If one of the top 3 don't fall to 4 (mainly Ball or Edwards).. then I'm thinking Deni for the Bulls. Has some flaws but lots to like...

Last edited:
Raps are going to have a pretty interesting offseason with 2 of the best free agents out there in Ibaka/FVV and still wanting to keep flexibility for the 2021 offseason in Giannis. I hate to give up assets for nothing, especially when Ujiri has shown some strong drafting ability.

Due to the Ujiri / Giannis relationship they are certainly players for Giannis, but I can't see them as the favourites either -- I think the Heat look good in that regard. They will need Siakam to play at the level he did in the 2019 Finals and the first two months of the 19/20 season, to even interest him.

There is also the Terrence Davis situation, who was one of the top 10 rookies in the league last year after going undrafted, and would have been a lotto pick in a 2019 redraft... until this summer. In the bubble he was causing issues with his anti-mask stance and much worse he was charged with assault about a month ago. Do you keep him, waive him. trade him at about 20 cents on a dollar (couple second rounders maybe).

If the Raptors do fade to the back of the playoff teams in the East this season, Lowry could even be on the market on February if he gives the OK to be moved. He would be a hell of a piece for a team to get at the trade deadline. That being said it was always anticipated that he would sign a cheaper deal after 2021 for the upcoming FA class.

Don't expect the Raps to contend this offseason but there is a lot of stuff going on with future implications, especially when you have a GM who can re-tool and draft late with the best of them.

Yeah, no chance Giannis is traded. I think the owners would much rather try to win the title this year and let him walk for nothing than to trade him for what teams are likely offering (also, the owners legitimately think Giannis wants to stay so obviously they wouldn't trade him if that feeling doesn't change).

Interesting trade for the Lakers and also interesting for what it means for the Bucks. Schroder was expected to be a guy the Bucks might be interested in and you'd think they could have beaten that offer if they wanted to. Sounds like the Lakers may have been offering the same package to the Bucks for Bledsoe as well.

I'm not sure Schroder is a better player than Green and they'll certainly need to replace Green's shooting ability (though that can be done on the cheap and I expect it will be). Schroder also gives them quickness at the PG spot that they simply did not have last year. Good deal for both sides honestly.

is Sam Presti playing 4D chess with this Schroder to Lakers trade?
He helps the Lakers beat the Clippers and cause the Kawhi to want to leave and help his Clippers trade draft picks?

Interesting trade for the Lakers and also interesting for what it means for the Bucks. Schroder was expected to be a guy the Bucks might be interested in and you'd think they could have beaten that offer if they wanted to. Sounds like the Lakers may have been offering the same package to the Bucks for Bledsoe as well.

I'm not sure Schroder is a better player than Green and they'll certainly need to replace Green's shooting ability (though that can be done on the cheap and I expect it will be). Schroder also gives them quickness at the PG spot that they simply did not have last year. Good deal for both sides honestly.

Schroder is a better fit for the Lakers. They need somebody else who can create shots beyond Lebron. Green could not do that.

He helps the Lakers beat the Clippers and cause the Kawhi to want to leave and help his Clippers trade draft picks?

In all likelihood, he's simply happy he was able to get rid of his expensive 6th man for an arguably better player (particularly given their dire need for wings in OKC) and a 1st round pick in a deep draft for PGs if he wants to just replace Schroder. I highly doubt he's concerned with the Clippers.

Many teams are going to have cap room in 2021. Will be interesting to see what Kawhi does.

There was some friction between FVV and Kawhi in Toronto, but Kyle Lowry, the true leader of the team was able to bring every one back together and put FVV in his place. It didn't work out as well last year when minions like Beverly, Williams and Harrell were not happy with some Kawhi off the court drama (missing games, late for or missing practices & flights)

Kawhi is a great on the court leader, but you need another off the court leader on your team to have all the teammates solely focus on following Kawhi on the court... and not get caught up on on some of the off court crap he brings.

Also as I suspected.

I suspect the Bucks will turn to Terry Rozier or Spencer Dinwiddie next.
Edit: Should add this is not what I'm hoping for, simply my expectation.

Last edited:
Gotta see how all the pieces fall with our roster, but assuming we can find another decent “3 and D” wing, I’m thrilled with this trade. We needed a guard who can create offense.

Gotta see how all the pieces fall with our roster, but assuming we can find another decent “3 and D” wing, I’m thrilled with this trade. We needed a guard who can create offense.

Rondo won’t be back. Dennis S is a nice replacement. Bradley is likely gone too. They should have the full MLE to use. Hope they can convince Ibaka.

Latest rumor is Wesley Matthews as a 3 n D. He’s ok. Fill the roster with ring chasing vets on the cheap. Hope they buy a second rounder too.

Rondo won’t be back. Dennis S is a nice replacement. Bradley is likely gone too. They should have the full MLE to use. Hope they can convince Ibaka.

Latest rumor is Wesley Matthews as a 3 n D. He’s ok. Fill the roster with ring chasing vets on the cheap. Hope they buy a second rounder too.

I will be highly upset if the Bucks let Matthews slip away. Guess we'll see.

I guess Harden to Brooklyn is picking up some steam.

Kyrie and Harden seem like an oil and water combo.
Durant can work with anyone.

There are going to be some sensitive egos split open by the NYC media.

I think that crew can win games... but not win the title.

On the one hand, the curious side of me so badly wants to see that happen because it would be fascinating to see if Harden can return to more of his OKC playstyle but with his Houston level of talent.

On the other hand, that would suck sooo much for the Bucks lol

On the one hand, the curious side of me so badly wants to see that happen because it would be fascinating to see if Harden can return to more of his OKC playstyle but with his Houston level of talent.

On the other hand, that would suck sooo much for the Bucks lol
They would suck defensively.
Both Harden and Kyrie hate defending pick and rolls.

That would be an awful fit.
Harden needs the ball in his hand he is an ISO guy.
You can’t play ISO with Harden and Kyrie on the floor together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom