NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 91 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Yes .. but it shows you that harden for Simmons ... let alone for Simmons plus maxey plus thybul was complete bs
Yeah I said if Simmons was offered and the Houston GM said no it was a negligent and a fireable offense.
Simmons straight up for Harden was enough. He was never offered.

Yes .. but it shows you that harden for Simmons ... let alone for Simmons plus maxey plus thybul was complete bs

Well, I would say that Simmons and Wall prob don't fit all that well. This is probably the better avenue. You only need two suitors to drive up the price.

Brooklyn sends three unprotected first-round picks -- 2022, 2024 and 2026 in deal -- plus pick swaps in 2021, 2023, 2025 and 2027. The Rockets get Cleveland 2022 first-round pick via the Bucks.

Cleveland stole Allen.
All they gave up was a 2022 Milwaukee first round pick.
My god Houston could have traded Allen for more than a 25th ish pick in the ndxt year’s draft.

If I’m Houston .. I’d rather have Allen and levert then olidipo .. I think they flubbed this .. these nets picks are going to be end of the first round .. the only 1 with anything Is the Cleveland pick

The Cleveland pick is actually a Bucks pick that was traded to Cleveland, so that one will likely be a late 1st as well. Seems like Houston might just have not wanted to commit to anyone beyond this season. All the guys they got are expiring contracts. That would have been the case with Allen as well but I guess they preferred the 1st round pick.

Brooklyn sends three unprotected first-round picks -- 2022, 2024 and 2026 in deal -- plus pick swaps in 2021, 2023, 2025 and 2027. The Rockets get Cleveland 2022 first-round pick via the Bucks.

Cleveland stole Allen.
All they gave up was a 2022 Milwaukee first round pick.
My god Houston could have traded Allen for more than a 25th ish pick in the ndxt year’s draft.
Yeah Cleveland did a great job of getting in the mix and coming out really well.

Can't believe I'm going to say this, I think this is a fine trade for all parties involved, considering the situation.

Nets are in win now and got to keep Kyrie (assuming he ever comes back).

Houston got a bunch of picks/swaps to try to hit on one or two plus Oladipo and change.

Indy gets LeVert (good player).

CLE gets Allen (who is also a good player)

I actually think it's a fine trade for all of them.

Also re: Indy, they duck the luxury tax by swapping Oladipo for LeVert.

Re: Cleveland, I like the move for them, but the reason they got Allen for a 1st is because they also had to take Taurean Prince's contract.

Yeah I said if Simmons was offered and the Houston GM said no it was a negligent and a fireable offense.
Simmons straight up for Harden was enough. He was never offered.

Don’t know if this is true .. but I’m reading Houston wanted maxey and Philly said no .. so Simmons and thyboul were in the deal ... if that’s true .. then Houston messed up huuuuuge

Also re: Indy, they duck the luxury tax by swapping Oladipo for LeVert.

Re: Cleveland, I like the move for them, but the reason they got Allen for a 1st is because they also had to take Taurean Prince's contract.
The Prince contract isn’t even that bad.
It’s one more year af 12.5 million.

Cleveland totally killed it.

Don’t know if this is true .. but I’m reading Houston wanted maxey and Philly said no .. so Simmons and thyboul were in the deal ... if that’s true .. then Houston messed up huuuuuge
If Philly offered a young all-star for Harden and Houston said they wanted more and didn’t take just Simmons your GM should be fired tomorrow.

I don’t believe Simmons was ever offered for Harden. It would make no sense to take a pupu platter over Ben Simmons.

The Prince contract isn’t even that bad.
It’s one more year af 12.5 million.

Cleveland totally killed it.
Prince deal is 14 this year and 15 next year plus Allen being a RFA. Allen is a B-, Prince is a F, the pick is a C-. Seems about right.

The rockets have no leverage, but I would rather have Levert.

And Allen ... how valuable are late first round picks worth? How valuable are the pick swaps when you are picking before the team you have the swap option with ?
Olidipo may be flipped for more picks as his value lies in his expiring contract

If Philly offered a young all-star for Harden and Houston said they wanted more and didn’t take just Simmons your GM should be fired tomorrow.

I don’t believe Simmons was ever offered for Harden. It would make no sense to take a pupu platter over Ben Simmons.
Fully agree. No shot at all that Simmons was ever offered. Morey was going to take his time to get a look at his new squad and Harden forced Houston's hand.

Prince deal is 14 this year and 15 next year plus Allen being a RFA. Allen is a B-, Prince is a F, the pick is a C-. Seems about right.
Prince signed a 2 year 25 million dollar contract.

One year for 13 million doesn’t kill your future cap space plus if your Houston you aren’t tanking so Prince can help you try and compete.

And Allen ... how valuable are late first round picks worth? How valuable are the pick swaps when you are picking before the team you have the swap option with ?
Olidipo may be flipped for more picks as his value lies in his expiring contract
You guys are talking as if the Nets are going to be great for years. They have no shot at all of keeping these 3 guys happy beyond next year.
Prince signed a 2 year 25 million dollar contract.

One year for 13 million doesn’t kill your future cap space plus if your Houston you aren’t tanking so Prince can help you try and compete.
All reports were that it was a 2 year/$29m deal. Looks like it's $25 with 3.7 in bonuses.

I’m getting a Hershel Walker to the Vikings vibe from this trade.

That or Pierce & KG to the Nets vibes lol. A lot of potential in those 24/25/26/27 Nets picks.

Lol how?
Durant is signed for 3 more years.
Unless the Nets fall apart in 3 years these picks aren’t valuable.

The Celtics traded old stars for picks.

The Hershel walker trade had a bunch of conditional picks that the Vikings didn’t realize the Cowboys weren’t stupid and wanted the conditions to hit to get high draft picks.

The Rockets got lottery tickets and have to hope one hits.

That or Pierce & KG to the Nets vibes lol. A lot of potential in those 24/25/26/27 Nets picks.
Those Nets teams had Deron Williams and Joe Johnson leading the way not KD, Kyrie and now Harden.

Those Nets teams were going all-in but they went all-in with players who weren’t potentially top 5-10 in the league.

I’d honestly have rather just traded him to Philly for maxey .. draft picks .. and whatever salary you needed back the other way to even it out

Those Nets teams had Deron Williams and Joe Johnson leading the way not KD, Kyrie and now Harden.

Those Nets teams were going all-in but they went all-in with players who weren’t potentially top 5-10 in the league.
Please elaborate on how the Kyrie experience has went in previous locations? It's already going bad enough that the coach doesn't have an idea when he actually plans on playing again. Now add in a guy that hasn't had to play in any kind of system or pass if he didn't want for the past 8 years. And then have KD who is currently 32. You really think these 3 are going to stay together past next year? I sure don't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom