NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 92 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Those Nets teams had Deron Williams and Joe Johnson leading the way not KD, Kyrie and now Harden.

Those Nets teams were going all-in but they went all-in with players who weren’t potentially top 5-10 in the league.

Yeah .. I don’t see any big drop off coming from the nets

The reaction of New York City strip club owners.

1610575574015.gif

Those Nets teams had Deron Williams and Joe Johnson leading the way not KD, Kyrie and now Harden.

Those Nets teams were going all-in but they went all-in with players who weren’t potentially top 5-10 in the league.
You can make the argument that any one of the artist, Durant or Harden are all better than any of the previous Nets big trio guys (given that Garnett was rapidly coming up on the end).

Not convinced Harden isn’t turning into late career Shawn Kemp. Those pounds aren’t necessarily going to come off easily.
Yeah you can get away with the Joe Girard fitness and diet regiment when you're in college, but when you're 31 like Harden is...

There is certainly some juice added to the Rockets in 2024 or 2025 onwards as the Nets should be in a downward cycle by then.

That is the real cost to the Nets here -- and it is certainly worth it for them, but it makes sense for both teams.

There is certainly some juice added to the Rockets in 2024 or 2025 onwards as the Nets should be in a downward cycle by then.

That is the real cost to the Nets here -- and it is certainly worth it for them, but it makes sense for both teams.

Also the 2022 draft is going to have a ton of talent because of the eligibility rule changes

I suspect Sixers are now going to focus their attention to UFA and Philly Born Kyle Lowry.

Lowry for 2 of the following 4 pieces (Thybulle, Maxey, 2 First Round Picks), seems like a baseline for some discussion. Green+Scott as filler.

How is Harden going to react when he realizes they are still closed in NYC... or are they allowed to be open right now?
I think they were open before the uptick last month in corona.

Mannix on NBCBoston just said Ainge contacted Houston about trading for Oladipo for draft picks.

Trade exception would be used.

Lakers +260
Nets +270

Fanduel

Lol .. the lakers are so much better than everyone ... the only team I can see giving them a problem is if Philly hits their 95th percentile ... they are the only team that isn’t physically overmatched .. Simmons can cause LeBron problems and theoretically Embid should be able to at least bother Davis

So with more time to reflect on this deal .. I feel it was more salary dump for the financially hurting Fertida than anything ..

By all accounts... Simmons plus was on the table ... a young star under contract for several years.. what are the odds even ONE of the picks Houston acquired ends up as good as Simmons ...

So obviously you make the Philly deal if you’re Houston... UNLESS.. the owner orders the GM to take the deal with almost no future salary obligations ..

Hence taking the NETS deal .. and then further ridding yourself of future salary by spinning off Allen and Levert for free agent to be Olidipo and a Cleveland pick (via bucks )

So now we’re going to see them trade Walls contract for expiring contacts and maybe a garbage 2nd round pick (wall has actually looked pretty good) ...

Tucker is gone .. Gordon to follow .. no way they resign olidipo

And they won’t sign squat in the off-season

So I’d argue .. might as well trade Wood .. he’s only on a three year deal .. you aren’t going to compete in that time frame .. and he is very valuable right now with how cheap he is

Last edited:
So with more time to reflect on this deal .. I feel it was more salary dump for the financially hurting Fertida than anything ..

By all accounts... Simmons plus was on the table ... a young star under contract for several years.. what are the odds even ONE of the picks Houston acquired ends up as good as Simmons ...

So obviously you make the Philly deal if you’re Houston... UNLESS.. the owner orders the GM to take the deal with almost no future salary obligations ..

Hence taking the NETS deal .. and then further ridding yourself of future salary by spinning off Allen and Levert for free agent to be Olidipo and a Cleveland pick (via bucks )

So now we’re going to see them trade Walls contract expiring contacts and maybe a garbage 2nd round pick (wall has actually looked pretty good) ...

Tucker is gone .. Gordon to follow .. no way they resign olidipo

And they won’t sign squat in the off-season

So I’d argue .. might as well trade Wood .. he’s only on a three year deal .. you aren’t going to compete in that time frame .. and he is very valuable right now with how cheap he is

Benefit of the doubt: He had to replace all the picks they lost from the Russ trade and didn't want to trust a star (Simmons) that can't hit a three.

Cynical (to your point): Try to make money owning an NBA team a la Donald Sterling. Be as cheap as possible and still reap the revenue.

Benefit of the doubt: He had to replace all the picks they lost from the Russ trade and didn't want to trust a star (Simmons) that can't hit a three.

Cynical (to your point): Try to make money owning an NBA team a la Donald Sterling. Be as cheap as possible and still reap the revenue.
I was thinking the same thing - maybe they just don't like Simmons.

Yeah that is very weird; is there something specifically he is looking to accomplish by sitting out?
Total guess is he doesn't like the health and safety protocols. I haven't bothered to look, but apparently there are videos circulating around of him being unmasked at a family get together. My guess is he doesn't want to follow the current protocols that were set earlier this week. Total guess, but makes sense. That, or he is simply upset about Harden coming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom