NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 110 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

I’ll say this outside of the Lakers I don’t see a team that plays defense every game.

The league is way more talented now that even a decade ago and shooting has become a necessity.

I really would love to see a player like Shaq or Patrick Ewing come up now and see how they could play in today’s NBA.

None of these guys today are like either of those guys when they entered the league.
Uh... the Jazz play defense every game.

Once Duncan retired/became a shell of himself post play basically died and it hasn’t returned. Everyone has adopted the pace and space trend. It would be nice to see some variation in style of play.

Last edited:
Uh... the Jazz play defense every game.
Jazz are a great defensive team led by Gobert.

The Lakers when they want to try can keep teams under 100.
Jazz don’t do that.
They are playing better than the Lakers now and betting on the Jazz has been easy money lately.

I just don’t think any team can lock down like the Lakers when they care.

Jazz are a great defensive team led by Gobert.

The Lakers when they want to try can keep teams under 100.
Jazz don’t do that.
They are playing better than the Lakers now and betting on the Jazz has been easy money lately.

I just don’t think any team can lock down like the Lakers when they care.
Maybe. But I think if the Jazz wanted to play a way that keeps the opponent under 100, they're still capable of it. That's just not how they need to win now. Their issues the past few seasons have been on offense.

I’ll say this outside of the Lakers I don’t see a team that plays defense every game.

The league is way more talented now that even a decade ago and shooting has become a necessity.

I really would love to see a player like Shaq or Patrick Ewing come up now and see how they could play in today’s NBA.

None of these guys today are like either of those guys when they entered the league.

I'm sorry, what about the Knicks????

I think Embiid is probably the closest to Shaq or Ewing that we have in the game today? I imagine if Ewing was around today he'd probably take around as many 3's as Embiid does. he had a solid stroke

Would love to see a team like Utah come out of the west, but I worry they are a bit like that Hawks team from 5 or 6 years ago and end up getting locked down once they get in the playoffs.
Those hawks teams were so good and just had no shot in the playoffs.

I'm sorry, what about the Knicks????

I think Embiid is probably the closest to Shaq or Ewing that we have in the game today? I imagine if Ewing was around today he'd probably take around as many 3's as Embiid does. he had a solid stroke
Don’t say this around CuseHulkRunner.
I forgot Thibs.

He is wrong and if people want to disagree that is fine.
The players he is talking about are still being paid millions of dollars and team want to sit them so they don’t get hurt before they can find resolution of their status.

The players are getting a 25+ million dollars it’s hard to move those contracts. Teams have a right to trade players.

He said James Harden dogged it that screwed the fans of the Rockets that pay the players salary. What type of penalty is there for players that give half effort to force trades.

Sorry Draymond but Adam Silver doesn’t mistreat the players.
This guy just likes to complain.

OMG teams want players they are trying to trade to stay in shape my goodness that is a lot to ask.

It’s really bad for your own product if you sit guys for an extended time period for trade purposes .. in MLB they will pull a pitcher the start before the deadline at times .. but this is stupid .. if it takes a few weeks to trade him .. he just sits ? It’s asinine. No other sport does this ..

On the micro level it may be the safe thing to do .. but for the sport / league on the macro .. it’s pathetic

Jazz streak continues. Beats undermanned Clips by 24 in 2nd half to win by 18. Gobert with 23 and 20 in 31 minutes. +25. Just dominated. Same two teams Friday.

Jazz streak continues. Beats undermanned Clips by 24 in 2nd half to win by 18. Gobert with 23 and 20 in 31 minutes. +25. Just dominated. Same two teams Friday.
Too late to betting the Jazz hot streak. The minute I jump in it will end

Or not. That's what's crazy about betting on sports. You never know. I bet $50 on the Jazz to win the NBA championship on jan 23rd at +2500. Now it is down to +1200. Still most "experts" don't give them a chance to come out of the West, but I am hoping they stay healthy. I generally don't bet on sports because there are way too many factors involved. But that said, why wouldn't you ride a hot team.

Some good live opportunities last night. Jazz were down 5 at half, shooting 30% from 3 while Clippers were shooting well above their average and you could get the Jazz -150 ml. Clippers were also without Kawhi and PG.

Entering Wednesday's game at the Los Angeles Clippers, the Jazz have covered the spread in eight straight games and 18 of their last 20 overall, with one push. Utah's 18-1-1 against the spread (ATS) is the second-best mark during a 20-game stretch in any regular season over the last 30 years, according to ESPN Stats and Information's odds database, which goes back to 1990. Only the 2014-15 Atlanta Hawks, who went 19-1 ATS from Dec. 15, 2014 through Jan. 25, 2015, have put together a better 20-game run against the number.

Entering Wednesday's game at the Los Angeles Clippers, the Jazz have covered the spread in eight straight games and 18 of their last 20 overall, with one push. Utah's 18-1-1 against the spread (ATS) is the second-best mark during a 20-game stretch in any regular season over the last 30 years, according to ESPN Stats and Information's odds database, which goes back to 1990. Only the 2014-15 Atlanta Hawks, who went 19-1 ATS from Dec. 15, 2014 through Jan. 25, 2015, have put together a better 20-game run against the number.
I have been riding the Jazz for over a month.
They won me a huge bet in Atlanta over a month ago.
They cover.
Only bad game was the one in Denver a couple Sundays ago.
These articles are going up there price.
The previous 2 years the Bucks were the cover kings to ride the Jazz have taken their crown.

It showed up for me when you posted it a minute ago.
Since the script change (some time ago), I don't think you can copy/paste a gif and have it show motion. You have to download it and upload it. At least, I have to.

Warriors steal one from Miami who led most of the way. Bad loss by them. Steph with a poor shooting night (finally) but a dagger 3 in OT.

His clutch shots at the end were ridiculous. He is so absurd.

Also, Wiggins hit a huge three near the end of the game. Happy for him.

Since the script change (some time ago), I don't think you can copy/paste a gif and have it show motion. You have to download it and upload it. At least, I have to.
I'm pretty sure I've been able to get gifs to animate by selecting the image option and then pasting the link from there.

I'm gonna be really sad if I found out that my gifs haven't been animating for a while for anyone else. They look right to me though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom