NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 108 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Really insightful article about how Snyder's coaching has evolved over the years to produce this year's Jazz offense, which is actually more prolific shooting the 3 than the Warriors.

Well, he didn’t cover everything. Otherwise, his players would know he’s a terrible human being.

It's early (kinda, it also isn't that early) but to be leading the league in 3PA as well as 3P% is really something. Especially since they don't have (at least to me) one guy you considered a crazy good shooter. Like if you have Steph (maybe hes the only guy that qualifies) taking 10-12 3's per game and makign 44% it's a lot easier to lead the league in %. But they basically have everyone right around 40%.
The Clippers lead in 3P%.

I don't think Adams really works for them.

Zion's defense is definitely an issue though; it seems like we Ingram and Zion the way to go is play the two of them at the 4/5, but how bad is the defense going to be?

FWIW, (and I'm getting different numbers using BBref and NBA.com, but I'll go with NBA.com), the Pels have a defensive rating of 114.0 when Zion plays, and 106.3 when he sits. But it's the minutes when Zion and Adams both are out where their defense has been better.

I was bored and curious, so here are how the various combos of those 3 play without one of the others

Zion and Adams play, Ingram sits (this has happened for 19 minutes all year, so huge grain of salt) +10.3
Adams and Ingram play, Zion sits (232 minutes) -1.9
Zion and Ingram play, Adams sits (again, only 83 minutes) +4.5

The three have played together for 435 minutes and are +3.5.

Might be worth playing Zion and Ingram more without Adams?

That's interesting. At the end of the game, and granted it's Luka who was having a huge game, but he was hunting BI and Zion. They kept running the same play (sometimes they flipped which side of the court it was on).

On the flip side of things, BI was pulling possessions that should have gone to Zion. At least that's what it seemed like.

The blender in full splendor last night for the Jazz. 3 pointers weren't dropping but ball movement like this was. Team basketball at its finest.
The Jazz played their C game, bricked +30 threes, on the 2nd night of a back to back and the Heat still got clobbered.

So, yeah, they're playing pretty well it seems.

The Jazz played their C game, bricked +30 threes, on the 2nd night of a back to back and the Heat still got clobbered.

So, yeah, they're playing pretty well it seems.
A lot of points in the paint and Gobert and O'Neale very deadly on defense. Playing amazing team ball.

Luka has 24 in the first half against Blazers on ESPN. Fun game.

He is wrong and if people want to disagree that is fine.
The players he is talking about are still being paid millions of dollars and team want to sit them so they don’t get hurt before they can find resolution of their status.

The players are getting a 25+ million dollars it’s hard to move those contracts. Teams have a right to trade players.

He said James Harden dogged it that screwed the fans of the Rockets that pay the players salary. What type of penalty is there for players that give half effort to force trades.

Sorry Draymond but Adam Silver doesn’t mistreat the players.
This guy just likes to complain.

OMG teams want players they are trying to trade to stay in shape my goodness that is a lot to ask.

He is wrong and if people want to disagree that is fine.
The players he is talking about are still being paid millions of dollars and team want to sit them so they don’t get hurt before they can find resolution of their status.

The players are getting a 25+ million dollars it’s hard to move those contracts. Teams have a right to trade players.

He said James Harden dogged it that screwed the fans of the Rockets that pay the players salary. What type of penalty is there for players that give half effort to force trades.

Sorry Draymond but Adam Silver doesn’t mistreat the players.
This guy just likes to complain.

OMG teams want players they are trying to trade to stay in shape my goodness that is a lot to ask.

The whole player empowerment will eventually backfire on the players and the league as a whole. There is player empowerment and then there is what Harden, AD etc did. Forcing trades will catch up to the league at some point I have to imagine. Players want to move around during free agency etc I have no issue with that

The whole player empowerment will eventually backfire on the players and the league as a whole. There is player empowerment and then there is what Harden, AD etc did. Forcing trades will catch up to the league at some point I have to imagine. Players want to move around during free agency etc I have no issue with that
Listen I got no problem with the players using their platform to help misjustices they see.
The social justice stuff do it but Draymond just likes to complain.
What he is talking about is just wrong.
Blake Griffin and Andre Drummond aren’t being mistreated. They are getting paid fully they are healthy scratches.
Teams can do that.
They aren’t losing one dime. It isn’t hurting their FA status the guys got a lot of money.

Stop complaining to complain is what I would say to Draymond. What penalty did James Harden suffer for playing like chit to get Houston to move him where he wanted to go while he had 3 years left on his contract?
Now fans of Houston suffer does Draymond care?

Listen I got no problem with the players using their platform to help misjustices they see.
The social justice stuff do it but Draymond just likes to complain.
What he is talking about is just wrong.
Blake Griffin and Andre Drummond aren’t being mistreated. They are getting paid fully they are healthy scratches.
Teams can do that.
They aren’t losing one dime. It isn’t hurting their FA status the guys got a lot of money.

Stop complaining to complain is what I would say to Draymond. What penalty did James Harden suffer for playing like chit to get Houston to move him where he wanted to go while he had 3 years left on his contract?
Now fans of Houston suffer does Draymond care?

I don’t have a problem with what he said and think his bigger point is spot on that there’s a double standard in how teams can treat players relative to how players must act or else they get vilified.

It’s not new but teams can be incredibly callous towards players and it’s “hey, this is a business”. Players do what’s the best business decision for them in their career and it’s “he’s selfish, the league is in trouble”. I don’t see the issue with saying let’s decide what the standard is and then have both sides follow it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom