NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 136 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Correct: 7 seconds or fewer. Fairly straightforward rule: if dealing with discrete units, use fewer. Mass, or something not 'countable' (e.g., sugar) use less.

You might also consider using 'higher' in place of more, given that seconds are quantifiable... but I'm on the cusp of providing prescriptive grammar counsel here, so do as you please!

For whatever its worth, for me, I always think of "charisma", you have more or less charisma than someone, not fewer. So that's how I remember its less for stuff you can't actually count.

Grammar!

The NBA rule changes have added more possessions as well.
The clock only recycling to 14 after a first shot has helped.

But the league as a whole has become offense first after those Heat-Knicks series in 90s were eye sores.

Also somewhat related to that. No one really tries for offensive rebounds anymore. The league average for Oreb% now is 22.2%; in 2005 for instance, it was 28.7. In the late 90s it was over 30

So the Nets basically have Blake Griffin playing PG with Durant and Kyrie on the floor.

Knicks411 think they can hold on to 4th and have hc for the 1st round of the playoffs?

Honestly, probably not. They have a brutal west coast trip coming up. I would be happy if they could at least stay in the 4/5 series and avoid Brooklyn/Philly/Mil in rd 1.

I'm going to the game Wednesday. Very exciting. First sporting event I've been to since I went to a Virginia-Duke basketball game about 2 weeks before the world stopped last year

Blake’s “resurgence” with the Nets is pretty lame. He was shooting 35%, just jacking 3s and barely trying with the Pistons this year. Now all of a sudden he’s playing ball again. Lame.
It’s OK. He’ll get hurt.

Jazz really on fire with their 3rd WTH loss this season to the T-Wolves.

Jazz really on fire with their 3rd WTH loss this season to the T-Wolves.
Man what the heck are they doing? Did they suddenly decide that home court advantage throughout the playoffs just isn't that interesting anymore?

Man what the heck are they doing? Did they suddenly decide that home court advantage throughout the playoffs just isn't that interesting anymore?
Mitchell has been out, so that impacts things.

But I don't know. They were supposed to have the easiest schedule in the NBA the 2nd half. They're not playing like it though.

It was a good test. We just need to hang onto the 4/5 series. We'll be good. ATL is no PHX.

Yes. I am really dreading that west coast trip.

The last game of the season we have Boston at home, it's for the tiebreaker. So it's basically worth 2 games. We're 1.5 up on Boston right now for the 5th spot. So unless we totally fall off a cliff we'll probably at least have a chance by winning that game

I think Kevin Love should be suspended without pay for this. I think this is actually way worse for the sport than if he started a brawl or something.

I think Kevin Love should be suspended without pay for this. I think this is actually way worse for the sport than if he started a brawl or something.

Wait...why did he do that?

It was another moment where Love was pissed off at either his teammates / coaches in my view (this has happened before) -- don't believe the officials angle.

I'm pretty sure Love stayed in the game after that which is crazy.

Mitchell has been out, so that impacts things.

But I don't know. They were supposed to have the easiest schedule in the NBA the 2nd half. They're not playing like it though.
No doubt the Jazz have been struggling with Mitchell and now Conley out. However there have been some highlights including a team record 154 points the other night vs the Kings and 6th MOY top candidate Jordan Clarkson with a huge dunk in a win.

Whichever team wins the NBA championship this season won't necessarily be the team with the most talent. Whether it's the Nets, Lakers, Clippers, Jazz, Suns or whomever. It has to come down to who is the healtiest. Teams are trying so hard to manage their injuries and to time them for the playoffs. It seems more teams than normal were affected this season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom