NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 138 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

No LeBron tonight, maybe Thursday. No Schroder for up to 2 weeks. And, hoochie mama, quite the 5-game stretch.

How are the Lakers only getting 4 1/2 points tonight?
Lakers didn't need any points. Who would have thunk it?

Gasol is better than Drummond?! The corpse of Marc Gasol
He’s better for this team to play winning basketball IMO.

All Drummond can do is rebound.

Gasol can at least shoot the 3, pass, and stay out of the way.

Drummond is striking me as an “impressive counting stats on teams that stink” guy.

Lakers D will be elite come playoff time.
They are coasting.
This is 2000 Lakers.
They costed in the regular season due to injuries and went 15-1 in the playoffs and would have gone undefeated if not for AI game 1 of the Finals:
That was the 2001 Lakers. The 2000 Lakers had the epic comeback vs. Portland in Game 7 of the WCF and beat the Pacers in 6.

Good read.

It's helped kill tanking with the lottery odds change as well, for sure.

6 teams have auto bids to the playoffs from each conference, that is 40% of the league getting an auto-bid to the playoffs. That is a lot, already.

Maybe it's not perfect just yet, but it's fun for the fans, helps keeps things competitive and gives the nba more inventory for the tv deals.

Russ: the world's most confusing player in terms of being able to answer the question of "did he have a good game?"

5-19 from the floor, 13 points, 17 rebounds, 17 assists, 7 turnovers, 6 fouls.
Never doubted his intensity or his all world athleticism. Overall, he's played incredibly well this year too. My "issue" with him has always been when he strays from his strengths and tries to do too much, usually via shooting. Especially when he is matched up against the top shooters. He had the worst shooting season ever... EVER... a few years ago with the volume.

But that line last night is so classic Russ. Beautiful.

Never doubted his intensity or his all world athleticism. Overall, he's played incredibly well this year too. My "issue" with him has always been when he strays from his strengths and tries to do too much, usually via shooting. Especially when he is matched up against the top shooters. He had the worst shooting season ever... EVER... a few years ago with the volume.

I'm not sure if its physical or psychological, but something weird has happened to his shooting technique. At the free throw line, he was well above 80% for most of his career, but this year he's at 63%.

I'm not sure if its physical or psychological, but something weird has happened to his shooting technique. At the free throw line, he was well above 80% for most of his career, but this year he's at 63%.

29% on over 5.5 attempts is absurd!

He had a game against the Knicks about a month ago, he was just so awful. He was 3-15 with 8 turnovers and fouled out in a game they lost by 4. (and honestly, even that might flatter him)

But he also had 18 rebounds, 9 assists, 2 steals, 4 blocks. What a weird player

His free throw shooting fell off 3 or 4 years ago now. Weird how stuff like that happens.

Not quite as drastic, but Giannis similarly fell off at the free throw line the past couple years. He was horrendous in the playoffs against Toronto and then followed that up the following year by shooting 63% from the FT line when he had generally been around a 75% shooter up until then. This year he's at 69% (a promising 74% since the All-Star break though!) If he can get back to what used to be normal for him, it totally changes the way you have to defend him in the playoffs. If he's hitting around 75%, defenses can't really afford to just hack him all game like they've done the past few years.

He had a game against the Knicks about a month ago, he was just so awful. He was 3-15 with 8 turnovers and fouled out in a game they lost by 4. (and honestly, even that might flatter him)

But he also had 18 rebounds, 9 assists, 2 steals, 4 blocks. What a weird player
The rebounding stat padding he does is a bit much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom