NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 178 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

I think the Clippers may have turned a corner here. While they’re going to have their hands full with the Jazz, perhaps the way they won this series means the mental issues are a thing of the past. A lot of guys had that killer instinct today.

With Paul banged up and Murray out, I believe the winner of the Jazz/Clips will also go on to The Finals. Should be a great series. Clippers probably need to steal Game 1.

Hey Darry; Morey -- chicken pooping the Raptors with an offer that may not have even included a first or Thybulle/Maxey for Lowry and instead settling for George Hill is really working out well for you isn't it.

As a rabid hardcore Jazz fan since I was 4 years old, I really hope they can reach the conference finals again.

don’t let me down guys.
I never heard you were a Jazz fan. Well, the more the merrier.

Clippers bandwagon for me, now. Kawhi and Luka are my two favorite non-Knicks (outside of Carmelo, obviously).

Besides liking Kawhi, I just can't see any of the other teams in the West holding up against Brooklyn.

Guess we'll get to see if Gobert is really as valuable as some people think he is in this series.

Clippers bandwagon for me, now. Kawhi and Luka are my two favorite non-Knicks (outside of Carmelo, obviously).

Besides liking Kawhi, I just can't see any of the other teams in the West holding up against Brooklyn.

Guess we'll get to see if Gobert is really as valuable as some people think he is in this series.
Serge Ibaka hasn't played since game two and the Clips went relatively small and if he can't play 20 good minutes then Conley and Ingles will be picking and rolling all night with Gobert and Favors. Jazz lead the league in rebounds and probably dunks. If Clips have to depend on weakside help then it will leave the corner three wide open.

One of Gobert's many talents is setting picks on the perimeter (screen assists) which he leads the league in. This allows the ballhandler to either drive in for a layup (Mitchell) or a floater (Conley) or of course shoot the three or drive and dish back outside for a wide open three. When they have the blender going then no defense is stopping them.

Or an even longer video showing off the Jazz fluid offense. I would love for the Cuse to adopt something like this. Buddy would easily make at least six 3's per game.

Last edited:
Someone, maybe it was Alsacs, predicted Carlisle would get fired if the Mavs lose this series. Why? He’s done a great job with what he has to work with. I’d love to have him coaching the Clips.

The Lisbon legend leaves on his own terms

Serge Ibaka hasn't played since game two and the Clips went relatively small and if he can't play 20 good minutes then Conley and Ingles will be picking and rolling all night with Gobert and Favors. Jazz lead the league in rebounds and probably dunks. If Clips have to depend on weekside help then it will leave the corner three wide open.

One of Gobert's many talents is setting picks on the perimeter (screen assists) which he leads the league in. This allows the ballhandler to either drive in for a layup (Mitchell) or a floater (Conley) or of course shoot the three or drive and dish back outside for a wide open three. When they have the blender going then no defense is stopping them.

I respect this post. I think it's totally fair.

However...

I think Kawhi is the best defender in the league when he wants to be. I know Kawhi is the best player in this series.

The Jazz haven't had to play a team this talented in this situation yet with these guys. All world talents look a lot different when they have to really step up as the pressure comes along.

Jazz have had a great year and have a fun team. They've executed really well. They have the home court advantage.

But if you tell me that one team has the best player who is on another tier from anyone else in the series, two of three best defenders (when locked in) and is the better 3pt shooting team in the series, I'm going with that team.

Gobert is going to have to earn his paycheck this series.

I respect this post. I think it's totally fair.

However...

I think Kawhi is the best defender in the league when he wants to be. I know Kawhi is the best player in this series.

The Jazz haven't had to play a team this talented in this situation yet with these guys. All world talents look a lot different when they have to really step up as the pressure comes along.

Jazz have had a great year and have a fun team. They've executed really well. They have the home court advantage.

But if you tell me that one team has the best player who is on another tier from anyone else in the series, two of three best defenders (when locked in) and is the better 3pt shooting team in the series, I'm going with that team.

Gobert is going to have to earn his paycheck this series.
And I respect your post. Gobert is the most valuable player on the Jazz but he is not the best player on Utah. Mitchell is. When he is engaged, as he was in the 4 game sweep vs Memphis (not counting game one when he didn't play) and as he was most of the season when he and Conley are both healthy, he is very tough to stop.

I would love to see the Jazz starters play more minutes but when you bring Clarkson, Ingles, Niang and Favors off the bench, it's a tough task for the Clippers starters or backups. If the Clips extend their starter's minutes then you run into the potential fatigue issue for them especially coming off a tough 7 game series. Can the Clips bench stay even with the Utah bench?

Clips are a very good team and they are clicking on a lot of cylinders. Hopefully Conley's hamstring is good and if the remaining Jazz are healthy I don't see them losing 4 out of 7, especially with four at home with 18,000 full capacity crazy and loud fans. No doubt it's going to be a war.

My guesses at the series now that they're all set in stone:
  • Sticking with Nets in 5 over the Bucks
  • Philly in 6 over the Hawks (was originally 5 but I doubt Philly wins 4 in a row now)
  • Clippers in 6
  • Phoenix in 7, but this is the one I feel least confident about.

My guesses at the series now that they're all set in stone:
  • Sticking with Nets in 5 over the Bucks
  • Philly in 6 over the Hawks (was originally 5 but I doubt Philly wins 4 in a row now)
  • Clippers in 6
  • Phoenix in 7, but this is the one I feel least confident about.
Can the Nets win Game 2 without Harden? Can the Hawks steal another game in Philly? That would be a huge upset if they do.

Can the Nets win Game 2 without Harden? Can the Hawks steal another game in Philly? That would be a huge upset if they do.
Game 1 would suggest that both are capable. I expect Philly to get a 2 or 3-1 lead in the Hawks series before slipping up again though.

Brooklyn...we'll see; I just think they're probably the better team. If they win tonight I think the Bucks' confidence will be too shaken to recover; it's just a fragile team.

I don't have anyone left to root for, so I'm anti Nets and Clippers the rest of the way.
My thoughts as well. Really wish that Murray wasn't injured, still mad about that because it would have made things so much fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom