NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 183 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

My brain can't process how guys like Giannis and Russ can't figure out that they are flat out costing their teams multiple possessions per game by taking 3s. Most playoff games come down to 2-3 possessions and they are giving away 5+ every night just out of 3s they aren't going to make most nights.
Spacing?

I'm guessing they think they need to pose a threat from outside to make their drives more effective.

As long as teams are defending your 3 point shot, even if your shooting at a low rate, it is OK to take them because it opens up the rest of your game and can create spacing.

Once they cease to defend your 3 and let you jack away it serves no purpose.

As long as teams are defending your 3 point shot, even if your shooting at a low rate, it is OK to take them because it opens up the rest of your game and can create spacing.

Watching him try to defend his 3 pointers in the post-game presser last night was kinda hilarious. At one point he said something along the lines of it being similar to people being addicted to coffee.
Spacing?

I'm guessing they think they need to pose a threat from outside to make their drives more effective.
Yeah, my guess is they believe they are keeping the other team honest by taking them.

Back in reality, the other team is giddy with excitement when any possession ends that way. And it's not like they are actually creating spacing because the defender is hanging back or ducking under the screen anyway. It's just pissing away possessions when those are the most important commodity that exists.

Starting to sound like an SU Basketball thread from last season!

Love listening to these possible Porzingis trades on the Lowe Post. Kemba for KP to Boston. Harris/Ross/Nugs 1st for KP to Orlando. Hield for KP. Love for KP. Almost unfathomable how bad his value has tanked with 3/101 left on his deal.

Love listening to these possible Porzingis trades on the Lowe Post. Kemba for KP to Boston. Harris/Ross/Nugs 1st for KP to Orlando. Hield for KP. Love for KP. Almost unfathomable how bad his value has tanked with 3/101 left on his deal.
Hield for KP could be pretty interesting.

Too lazy to look it up but KP's deal has to be in the mix for least productive in the league? Who would want him?

Too lazy to look it up but KP's deal has to be in the mix for least productive in the league? Who would want him?
Any time you can pay $30+ mil to an injury prone guy with a bad attitude, you gotta do it.

Lol apparently that was Kevin Durant's personal body guard that came on the court and shoved PJ Tucker last night. Wild that this sort of thing is allowed.
KD’s personal body guard coming onto the court to shove a guy who got in KD’s face is so on brand for KD.

Lol apparently that was Kevin Durant's personal body guard that came on the court and shoved PJ Tucker last night. Wild that this sort of thing is allowed.
Is that fact checked? Because it’s amazing if so

So Melancer, how you feelin' about the deer? Have any faith or do you think it's just a matter of time before the Nets roll your squad?

So Melancer, how you feelin' about the deer? Have any faith or do you think it's just a matter of time before the Nets roll your squad?
Just a matter of time. I don't think the refs will continue to let us beat Durant up the way we did last night. Giannis is continuing to play like an idiot. I'd like to think the team will eventually revert back to the mean in terms of their shooting, but it's hard to hold out hope as they continue to struggle pretty much every playoff game so far.

Just a matter of time. I don't think the refs will continue to let us beat Durant up the way we did last night. Giannis is continuing to play like an idiot. I'd like to think the team will eventually revert back to the mean in terms of their shooting, but it's hard to hold out hope as they continue to struggle pretty much every playoff game so far.
Well, that's depressing.

I'm really rooting for the Bucks to come out of the East. I don't like the 76ers or the Nets.

Well, that's depressing.

I'm really rooting for the Bucks to come out of the East. I don't like the 76ers or the Nets.
Don't forget that if the Hawks win at home tonight then they are up 2 to 1 over Philly. I'm rooting for Mil vs ATL.

Don't forget that if the Hawks win at home tonight then they are up 2 to 1 over Philly. I'm rooting for Mil vs ATL.
Oh, I'd love the Hawks to advance, I just think it would be pretty shocking if they pull that off.

MIL v ATL ugh.

im all for the NBA having new teams get to the finals, its a pretty depressing league if you ask me when it comes to its champions, but that matchup is about as enticing as a glass of milk after mowing the lawn in 90 degree heat and humidity.

MIL v ATL ugh.

im all for the NBA having new teams get to the finals, its a pretty depressing league if you ask me when it comes to its champions, but that matchup is about as enticing as a glass of milk after mowing the lawn in 90 degree heat and humidity.
You mean UT vs PHX and MIL vs ATL doesn't do it for you?

You mean UT vs PHX and MIL vs ATL doesn't do it for you?
if it was Stockton & Malone v Barkley & Thunder Dan and Moncrief & Marques Johnson v Dominique & Doc Rivers...sign me up.

these versions...hard pass

MIL v ATL ugh.

But on a positive note, my fellow Knicks Fan, at least the Hawks taking down Philly would put a less negative spin on the Knicks losing their series to them!

Trae might as well do the Iverson step over...because they aren’t winning any more games this series if Embiid stays healthy.
Feeling good about this^^^^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom