NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 185 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Maybe I'm thinking of the original arcade game with just those two... and the home version had 3 players to choose from.

I liked using the Hornets too with LJ, Zo, and Muggsy.

Was it DC and Drazen for the Nets?
My memory was fuzzy on the original rosters but curiosity got me, so here are the rosters for Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo...
Screenshot_20210612-202848_Chrome.jpg

Here are the changes from the original arcade game to the home console versions...

"Some early Sega Genesis/Super Nintendo versions of NBA JAM had Charles Barkley on the Phoenix Suns with Kevin Johnson but Barkley would be replaced in later versions by Dan Majerle as Midway lost the rights to Barkley when Accolade made the “Barkley Shut Up and Jam!” video game. In addition, Shaquille O’Neal, who represented the Orlando Magic in the original 1993 arcade version of NBA JAM, was not in the home console versions as his likeness was no longer licensed by the NBA, and was featured in his own video game, “Shaq Fu“, which was made by EA Sports.

From the 1993 arcade version to the 1994 home console versions, 14 players were replaced in the game and 12 of those players were Kevin McHale (Boston Celtics), Kendall Gill (Charlotte Hornets), Glen Rice (Miami Heat), Charles Oakley (Knicks), Shaq (Magic), Hersey Hawkins (Philadelphia 76ers), Mike Iuzzolino (Dallas Mavericks), Kenny Smith (Houston Rockets), Byron Scott (Los Angeles Lakers), Sam Perkins (Lakers), Spud Webb (Sacramento Kings) and Benoit Benjamin (Sonics). The other two players, Drazen Petrovic (New Jersey Nets) and Reggie Lewis (Celtics), were replaced due to their tragic deaths."

I had Sega (mine is still at my parents house with NBA Jam, all the great EA games, Sonic, etc.) and my brother had Super Nintendo.

Maybe I'm thinking of the original arcade game with just those two... and the home version had 3 players to choose from.

I liked using the Hornets too with LJ, Zo, and Muggsy.

Was it DC and Drazen for the Nets?
Yeah, I mix the two versions up roster wise too. The Super Nintendo version was definitely Kenny Anderson and DC and Petro was gone by that point.

This might be the most accurate thing ever written:

“What’s remarkable about the Blazers duo is that both Clyde Drexler and Terry Porter have that same thing that Arn Anderson does where no matter what age they are, they appear to be 47 years old. In 1993, Drexler and Porter were only 30 and 29, respectively, but go back and look at them. They looked like they’d rather be watching a war movie or listening to Bob Seger than playing basketball.”

After Game 3, the Bucks are now up to 24% on their open/wide open 3's (excluding Giannis, though he's at 20% himself) in the Nets series.

For the playoffs as a whole, they're now up to 30.6% excluding Giannis (and would be in the 20s if not for Forbes going nuts against Miami).

These playoffs have been a huge flop so far for me, largely due to so many injuries to good players. Not sure I remember anything like it.
I expect it to get better when we get to the conf finals.

KD is certainly capable of winning this by himself; only needs two games. But if Kyrie and Harden both don’t return in this series, it’ll be a disappointment if Milwaukee can’t win it.

Win or lose I hope we can at least play the way we did today. That was maybe our most complete game of the postseason and really the first time this series we’ve looked anything like ourselves.

I think the Suns may be getting out the brooms tonight.

Fair or unfair, I think it's critical for CP3's legacy to get to a Finals and win a title.

He's one of the best NBA PGs of all time, (7th PER, 9th VORP, 11th Win Shares), but he just needs some real playoff success.

I think the Suns may be getting out the brooms tonight.

Fair or unfair, I think it's critical for CP3's legacy to get to a Finals and win a title.

He's one of the best NBA PGs of all time, (7th PER, 9th VORP, 11th Win Shares), but he just needs some real playoff success.
I predict a gentleman's sweep.

KD is certainly capable of winning this by himself; only needs two games. But if Kyrie and Harden both don’t return in this series, it’ll be a disappointment if Milwaukee can’t win it.

Win or lose I hope we can at least play the way we did today. That was maybe our most complete game of the postseason and really the first time this series we’ve looked anything like ourselves.
Maybe the offensive geniuses Nash and Pringles can draw some plays up to get their team some good looks.

Who wins a fight between PJ Tucker and Jae Crowder?
Crowder always seems to me like a guy who could have been a really bad dude, but had basketball. ( I have absolutely nothing to hang that on, and as far as I know, he’s a good dude.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom