NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

Thank you, Al Gore, for creating the Internet. :)

Who is supposed to be laughing? The Lakers are bringing back a guy they didn't want to keep last year and who the Clippers didn't want to keep after this year.

And Eric Bledsoe is better than Rondo.

Agree. Won’t be surprised if this version of the Lakers ends up being like the 2013 version when they acquired Dwight, Nash, and Antawn Jamison.
Yeah, there hasn’t been a clear strategy this offseason. They’re just adding big names and hoping that’s enough to excite the fan base (it’s working). They got rid of their best defensive role players and added a bunch of guys they didn’t want previously.

Yeah, there hasn’t been a clear strategy this offseason. They’re just adding big names and hoping that’s enough to excite the fan base (it’s working). They got rid of their best defensive role players and added a bunch of guys they didn’t want previously.

KCP and Caruso will be missed. We won that 2020 title on defense, and while the lack of shooting and offense was frustrating, we did just enough.

I think we’re significantly better offensively now than we have been. Key will be if the guards can get it done defensively. Dwight and Davis will make us strong inside. I haven’t seen them play enough to know how guys like Nunn and Monk are on defense.

Maybe Russ can channel that triple double energy into defense. He won’t need to do nearly as much here offensively as he has on his other teams.

Rondo and Dwight were great for the 2020 team, we should’ve never let them go.

Agree. Won’t be surprised if this version of the Lakers ends up being like the 2013 version when they acquired Dwight, Nash, and Antawn Jamison.

I would shed no tears if both the Lakers and Clippers fail. Happier when the Clips lose of course. Go Jazz, Nuggets, Suns, Mavs!

I'm not sure if he is at the tier of player that can be picky/choosy on where is going to.
He could very well end up on a mediocre team.

The window seems to be closing for the Sixers.

Even if Morey is able to get a good value trade for Simmons it will likely be largely based on futures. And no guarantee that they can flip those futures for help in 2022 -- actually could be quite hard to line up.

2019 - That 7 game series with the Raps could have went either way. The Butler / Simmons / Embiid / Harris core was really good and if they win that series

2020 - They lose Butler which is a massive loss to the team and they spin their wheels.

2021 - They are unable to get a Lowry deal done at the deadline which could have arguably put them over the top.

2022 - Simmons for futures likely takes them out of play for another year.

The window seems to be closing for the Sixers.

Even if Morey is able to get a good value trade for Simmons it will likely be largely based on futures. And no guarantee that they can flip those futures for help in 2022 -- actually could be quite hard to line up.

2019 - That 7 game series with the Raps could have went either way. The Butler / Simmons / Embiid / Harris core was really good and if they win that series

2020 - They lose Butler which is a massive loss to the team and they spin their wheels.

2021 - They are unable to get a Lowry deal done at the deadline which could have arguably put them over the top.

2022 - Simmons for futures likely takes them out of play for another year.
and he is great but Embid's body looks like it could totally break down at any time. Interesting future for that squad.

Have to ask, what teams could actually put a trade together that would work for the Sixers to deal Ben Simmons? I hear Sac but they would have to give up Fox and or Haliburton along with some draft picks? Timberwolves don't appear to have the assets. Spurs? I don't see this ending anytime soon and will most likely t least drag out into the season. Morey isn't going to give him away and maybe he's the guy that will say to Clutch, hey we signed him, paid him and we aren't going to let you dictate to us where he goes. I found his request to be traded to GS, LA x 2 comical.

I am sure Morey is holding out for some type of 3 way trade to get Dame but seems unlikley but you just never know once training camp opens. Interesting to watch.

Have to ask, what teams could actually put a trade together that would work for the Sixers to deal Ben Simmons? I hear Sac but they would have to give up Fox and or Haliburton along with some draft picks? Timberwolves don't appear to have the assets. Spurs? I don't see this ending anytime soon and will most likely t least drag out into the season. Morey isn't going to give him away and maybe he's the guy that will say to Clutch, hey we signed him, paid him and we aren't going to let you dictate to us where he goes. I found his request to be traded to GS, LA x 2 comical.

I am sure Morey is holding out for some type of 3 way trade to get Dame but seems unlikley but you just never know once training camp opens. Interesting to watch.

Sac def makes the most sense. I just think Klutch would throw a fit if they try to do that. If I were Sac, I would say, Fox for Ben, straight up (and whatever filler to make the contracts work). I would not give up Haliburton. Sac has finally had some good drafts, I wouldn't blow it up for Ben Simmons.

SA is interesting. It would prob have to be Dejounte + someone else + picks. The issue is I think Pop loves Keldon Johnson and that is who would be the "someone else" I think in that equation. BTW, If Philly had Dejounte and Keldon, I think they would be awesome.

Another one would be SGA for Ben (going to OKC). This would allow Ben to work in obscurity to see if he can get his mojo back, but, again, Klutch doesn't send its stars to the middle of nowhere. But that would be one option.

I don't know what Minny can offer to a Philly team that wants to win. I wouldn't want DLo and Ant isn't on their timeline.

I guess you can hold the line and hope the situation in Portland gets toxic and they need to unload Dame, so we'll see.

To your point, the GSW and LAx2 requests are a joke.

Sac def makes the most sense. I just think Klutch would throw a fit if they try to do that. If I were Sac, I would say, Fox for Ben, straight up (and whatever filler to make the contracts work). I would not give up Haliburton. Sac has finally had some good drafts, I wouldn't blow it up for Ben Simmons.

SA is interesting. It would prob have to be Dejounte + someone else + picks. The issue is I think Pop loves Keldon Johnson and that is who would be the "someone else" I think in that equation. BTW, If Philly had Dejounte and Keldon, I think they would be awesome.

Another one would be SGA for Ben (going to OKC). This would allow Ben to work in obscurity to see if he can get his mojo back, but, again, Klutch doesn't send its stars to the middle of nowhere. But that would be one option.

I don't know what Minny can offer to a Philly team that wants to win. I wouldn't want DLo and Ant isn't on their timeline.

I guess you can hold the line and hope the situation in Portland gets toxic and they need to unload Dame, so we'll see.

OKC does make sense, they could probably send SGA. The issue is Simmons stock has just fallen so far too know OKC has 10,000 draft picks would they throw in a first with SGA to get Simmons? is that even worth it. Morey isn't going to bit very easy either. I guess if I was OKC I would would probably stay with what I have, they won't be much for a few more years anyway

If Ben can’t handle Philly - then he should be dying to go out to Sac and put up regular season numbers. The playoff issues are going to be there until he starts 1) shooting the ball 2)Making some of those shots 3) Making FTs.