NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 106 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

GS with their patented start. Crazy. Memphis heck of a future and they sure are gritty but remarkable how poor GS can be.

Curry
Maxey
Wiggins
JJJ
Bam

I’d go Horford/Embiid individually, but as a team….they can’t play together as their time together in Philly showed.

Warriors are playing like ownership needs the game 6 gate to be able to cover the luxury tax.
A real beat down but the NBA, with probably home court advantage more than any other sport, will have GS pick up the pieces and go for the series win. The only thing that would surprise me is if GS doesn't clinch.

Anyone have a good website to track nba analytics? I know of bball reference. Trying to look at individual defensive numbers.

I was thinking same. She needs to cut ties with a lot of these people in her ear from the past and just turn the job over to someone like Presti as the VP of Ops and let him hire a GM with same vision and even a HC as well. The timing on the HC doesn't work though but it may in a year or two. It will take time but they need to start thinking about long term sustainability. These guys will also know who the up and coming coaches are that can coach and also relate to the modern day NBA player.
Would love to see Jeannie make Presti a godfather offer. He'd be like Dalton in that he runs the show, no questions asked.

Tatum took 3-4 really dumb shots with the Celts up double digits in the 2nd quarter. Missed them all, and the lead at the half was 7.

His iso ball garbage in the last 10:00 was pretty dumb, IMO
JB watched that last 10:00 slowing nodding approval

Game 6 will be a blowout in Milwaukee’s favor
I would be surprised if it wasn't. Can't believe they collapsed like that at home even though I know how good the Bucks are.

The other day Dan Patrick asked Barkley if he was better than Bird, and Barkley kind of hesitated and said there's some things he does better and some things Bird does better. Obviously the internet lost its mind over this and said "Bird is way better and its not even close, etc." But I took a look at the numbers, and it's interesting.

PER: Barkley 13th, Bird 22nd
VORP: Barkley 11th, Bird 14th
Offensive Win Shares: Barkley 12th, Bird 32nd
Defensive Win Shares: Bird 30th, Barkley 40th

The other day Dan Patrick asked Barkley if he was better than Bird, and Barkley kind of hesitated and said there's some things he does better and some things Bird does better. Obviously the internet lost its mind over this and said "Bird is way better and its not even close, etc." But I took a look at the numbers, and it's interesting.

PER: Barkley 13th, Bird 22nd
VORP: Barkley 11th, Bird 14th
Offensive Win Shares: Barkley 12th, Bird 32nd
Defensive Win Shares: Bird 30th, Barkley 40th
Barkley was incredible. I’m going to assume the people losing their minds are in their 20s and have no idea what they’re talking about in regards to anything that happened before LeBron.

Barkley was incredible. I’m going to assume the people losing their minds are in their 20s and have no idea what they’re talking about in regards to anything that happened before LeBron.
They’d have no clue who either guy played so not sure why they’d lose their crap either way. Those two guys are incredibly hard to compare due to their games style. I’d say this .. if I had a crap team that needed 1 dude to make them decent .. I’d take Barkley .. if I had a good team that needed a guy to win a ship .. I’d take bird

They’d have no clue who either guy played so not sure why they’d lose their crap either way. Those two guys are incredibly hard to compare due to their games style. I’d say this .. if I had a crap team that needed 1 dude to make them decent .. I’d take Barkley .. if I had a good team that needed a guy to win a ship .. I’d take bird
Plus their peaks didn’t really cross that long so it’s not like they really went head to head much, while at their respective bests. Barkley was a very good-great player for almost his whole career but his absolute peak was like 88-93 or so? Bird got hurt in like 89, and wasn’t the same and then retired by 91?

People like to do the “rings” thing but there’s so much circumstance to that. The Sixers started bumbling moves left and right. Not Barkley’s fault,

His Suns ran into peak Jordan and the Bulls and probably came closer to beating them than anyone else did.

Of course Bird will rank higher on a historical level due to accomplishments but they were basically on the same level….absolute superstars who were arguably the best/second best player in the league at their peak.

Heat and Mavs tonight. Thank you.
I’m pulling for the Sixers and Suns.

I don’t need a one man team in the WCF. Need that Suns/Warriors matchup.

And I just like the Sixers better than the Heat, though part of that is my dad is a big Sixers fan.

I’m pulling for the Sixers and Suns.

I don’t need a one man team in the WCF. Need that Suns/Warriors matchup.

And I just like the Sixers better than the Heat, though part of that is my dad is a big Sixers fan.
I think Mavs win tonight and Suns game seven. Not sure who I am rooting for coming from the West. I like Steph but Draymond offsets that. Definitely not Chris Paul. I guess either Dallas or Memphis. Definitely rooting for the Heat to win it all.