NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 107 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

I think Mavs win tonight and Suns game seven. Not sure who I am rooting for coming from the West. I like Steph but Draymond offsets that. Definitely not Chris Paul. I guess either Dallas or Memphis. Definitely rooting for the Heat to win it all.
I can’t say I have strong rooting interests for any team at this point.

I don’t want the Mavs(one man team) or Grizz(possibly the most unlikable team left - that coach is a dweeb and those guys are some Gen Z clowns).

Give me Suns/Warriors and I don’t care who wins.

Heat/Bucks/C’s are all quality teams. Any combo of those 5 teams in the finals would be a fine matchup for me.

I can’t say I have strong rooting interests for any team at this point.

I don’t want the Mavs(one man team) or Grizz(possibly the most unlikable team left - that coach is a dweeb and those guys are some Gen Z clowns).

Give me Suns/Warriors and I don’t care who wins.

Heat/Bucks/C’s are all quality teams. Any combo of those 5 teams in the finals would be a fine matchup for me.
I grew up rooting against Boston in every sport. They are the enemy.

I grew up rooting against Boston in every sport. They are the enemy.
I don’t see them having the goods to go all the way.

I’m with you - never rooted for a Boston team. Don’t particularly dislike the group of guys they have though other than Smart. Tatum(rare Dukie I don’t hate), Horford, Brown….those guys are alright IMO.

I was basically fine with anybody winning a series in round 2 except Philly. Needed them to lose in the worst way possible. Embiid and Harden annoyed me that much in the first round.

I respect the jobs that Phoenix and Memphis have done in building their team, and they are newish contenders, so I probably pull for them now more than others... and possibly Miami in the East. But I don't feel strongly pro / or against anybody at this point.

Is this hot because most people would expect him to be 3rd best or 1st? I’m not sure saying Maxey > Harden is all that hot anymore.

Yeah Hardens game is going to regress much more visibly as he ages. Maxey in turn is right there or nearly ahead of him.

Scalabrine had a good point - the game is passing the Sixers by. Space and pace are the two things you need and the Sixers (like the Lakers I guess) just seem slow and methodical. I guess you trade off some of that due to Embid but that roster is limited.

Scalabrine had a good point - the game is passing the Sixers by. Space and pace are the two things you need and the Sixers (like the Lakers I guess) just seem slow and methodical. I guess you trade off some of that due to Embid but that roster is limited.
That's how Harden has always played. It was once effective. Now he's washed.

Is this hot because most people would expect him to be 3rd best or 1st? I’m not sure saying Maxey > Harden is all that hot anymore.

I was about to make this same post before I saw you already said it.

Was Harden just not healthy totally or is this just the guy he is now? Cause if it's the latter, I mean, he's fine and all, but I'm pretty sure he's going to want a new contract...

I was about to make this same post before I saw you already said it.

Was Harden just not healthy totally or is this just the guy he is now? Cause if it's the latter, I mean, he's fine and all, but I'm pretty sure he's going to want a new contract...
It’s almost like if you don’t take care of your body as an athlete that your performance eventually suffers. I won’t be surprised if he’s even worse next year.

It’s almost like if you don’t take care of your body as an athlete that your performance eventually suffers. I won’t be surprised if he’s even worse next year.

Just seems like the dude can't get past anyone.

I'm here to take my L on the Harden trade. I legit thought it would work out even if there would be some bumps.

It's terrible.

If they give him the max... I will truly feel bad for Philly fans.

I'm here to take my L on the Harden trade. I legit thought it would work out even if there would be some bumps.

It's terrible.

If they give him the max... I will truly feel bad for Philly fans.

At the time I thought it was a very good trade for both teams. Both teams it seemed were solving problems that would probably help both in the current year and future.

So I was also wrong. It may have made both teams worse.

Kind of crazy how consistent Jrue Holliday's steals per game averages are over the course of his career.

1652484856399.png